• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny OC Experience Yesterday.

AbNo

imported post

So, I'm reading this second page, and I'm wondering what federal agents was at Mt. Trashmore.

I sure didn't see any mention of them in the OP?

caltain

imported post

When did I disappear?:? What am I, invisible and blind? Must be, to not know I disappeared... I read the first 8-10 posts on a given topic. After that, you hit all this crap. If I feel strongly on a subject, I contribute. I don't feel the need to ring in on every topic...

At this point, I'd just like to say...OH MY F-ING GOD, PEOPLE!!!!! I let the thread sink because I was waiting on Jack to get a response from his research. That thread is not what this OP was discussing when starting this thread. This is all off topic.

I wasn't ever going to publicly mention the fact that Jack researched my location and PM'd me with it. It wasto get me to cough up the agent's name, etc. or he'd send 3 letters to the FBI and that I had 24 hours to reply with the info. I refused for reasons already stated, both publicly and privately. I never disappeared, or went away, or anything else.

I consider Jack's actions to be both threatening and disturbing, but chose not to air his methodology publicly. Does any of this sound like a pattern is forming? I wasn't going to publicly associate Jack with his transgressions. Sound familiar? It should. It's what I did in the original thread. I was hoping that he'd calmed down, but since he opened the door...

Jack researched my personal information, name, address,phone and who know's what else, and made sure I know that he knows where I am.

People that act this way are one of the reasons I carry.

To date, Jack has been unable to post even one single fact that refutes my thread. I stand by my previous posts. Believe what you want.

'Nuff said.
Caltain

jack

Banned
imported post

Thank you for confirming your identity, we weren't 100 % sure. Now a moreintensive search for the complaint you say you filed can be made by name & address.

I will attempt to get something in writing from the Virginia field office refuting the poster'sstory and post it here. Whether I will be able to accomplish that I don't know.

Direct quote froma friend in the Virginia office who researched all complaints filed in Virginia: "Obviously this guy is just an Internet loon. I can't find any complaints filed regarding a citizen carrying a firearm. "

Sheriff

imported post

jack wrote:
Direct quote froma friend in the Virginia office who researched all complaints filed in Virginia: "Obviously this guy is just an Internet loon. I can't find any complaints filed regarding a citizen carrying a firearm. "

Rut Roh! Here we go again! Jack vs Caltain! :celebrate

Hey Jack, if they can't find D. B. Cooper, how can they be trusted tofind a file? :lol:

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

jack wrote:
Thank you for confirming your identity, we weren't 100 % sure. Now a moreintensive search for the complaint you say you filed can be made by name & address.

I will attempt to get something in writing from the Virginia field office refuting the poster'sstory and post it here. Whether I will be able to accomplish that I don't know.

If your willing to expend that much energy over something on an internet board then dude.......... you have issues!!!!!

Sheriff

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
If your willing to expend that much energy over something on an internet board then dude.......... you have issues!!!!!

I think his main issue is "retirement". You gotta find something to do! :)

And retirement drives people crazy. Just look at me for example! :lol:

caltain

imported post

Apparently, it wasn't 'nuff said. Am I the only person that this bothers?

Here's the latest from Jack, PM to me:
_____Original Message_____
Date: 2008-07-10 11:59:24
Subject:

Your right about that, you have no clue how much I ran on you.

I know where you work . Income Tax return issues, credit, criminal record check and DMV records are easy too.You would never guess the information I have collected on you.A inquire is being made as to whether you currently have a concealed carry permit and if this conduct of yours is sufficient to revoke it.

You are now being investigated my friend. If you think you can get on the net and disparage the bureau with invented stories you are insane. This board is crawling with federal agents and former federal agents. Great thing you did here for the cause of open carry.

Any interest in being a man and coming clean on the board yet? This is going to get worse, much worse for you. You are a young guy and the board probably will not kick you off should you just come clean. You will get a pass, and take some ribbing for a bit. You are not the first guy to get carried away with a story on here.If you continue with the lies,I will be getting a letter on Bureau stationary saying this never happened. The letter will get posted and at that point I will reveal your name, so everyone knows about the idiot in Herndon. The letter will also be posted in such a way that a simple Internet search will turn up this whole thread, if someone googles your name or address etc.

Confess &sin no more, (actually we will save that for the church).

Have a nice day Dan

Sheriff

imported post

The Virginia state code is pretty clear under which circumstances your concealed weapon permit can be revoked. See below in black font.

That particular PM is pretty disturbing. My first reaction was .... WTF!!!! I would say it will actually discourage a lot of people from continuing to post here. Just my opinion though.

---------------------------------------

J. Any person convicted of an offense that would disqualify that person from obtaining a permit under subsection E or who violates subsection F shall forfeit his permit for a concealed handgun and surrender it to the court. Upon receipt by the Central Criminal Records Exchange of a record of the arrest, conviction or occurrence of any other event that would disqualify a person from obtaining a concealed handgun permit under subsection E, the Central Criminal Records Exchange shall notify the court having issued the permit of such disqualifying arrest, conviction or other event. Upon receipt of such notice of a conviction, the court shall revoke the permit of a person disqualified pursuant to this subsection, and shall promptly notify the State Police and the person whose permit was revoked of the revocation.

J1. Any person permitted to carry a concealed handgun, who is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while carrying such handgun in a public place, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. Conviction of any of the following offenses shall be prima facie evidence, subject to rebuttal, that the person is "under the influence" for purposes of this section: manslaughter in violation of § 18.2-36.1, maiming in violation of § 18.2-51.4, driving while intoxicated in violation of § 18.2-266, public intoxication in violation of § 18.2-388, or driving while intoxicated in violation of § 46.2-341.24. Upon such conviction that court shall revoke the person's permit for a concealed handgun and promptly notify the issuing circuit court. A person convicted of a violation of this subsection shall be ineligible to apply for a concealed handgun permit for a period of five years.

J2. An individual who has a felony charge pending or a charge pending for an offense listed in subdivision E 14 or E 15, holding a permit for a concealed handgun, may have the permit suspended by the court before which such charge is pending or by the court that issued the permit.

J3. No person shall carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in § 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; however, nothing herein shall prohibit any sworn law-enforcement officer from carrying a concealed handgun on the premises of such restaurant or club or any owner or event sponsor or his employees from carrying a concealed handgun while on duty at such restaurant or club if such person has a concealed handgun permit.

J4. The court shall revoke the permit of any individual for whom it would be unlawful to purchase, possess or transport a firearm under § 18.2-308.1:2 or 18.2-308.1:3, and shall promptly notify the State Police and the person whose permit was revoked of the revocation.

section E, mentioned in section J,says:

E. The following persons shall be deemed disqualified from obtaining a permit:

1. An individual who is ineligible to possess a firearm pursuant to § 18.2-308.1:1, 18.2-308.1:2 or 18.2-308.1:3 or the substantially similar law of any other state or of the United States.

2. An individual who was ineligible to possess a firearm pursuant to § 18.2-308.1:1 and who was discharged from the custody of the Commissioner pursuant to § 19.2-182.7 less than five years before the date of his application for a concealed handgun permit.

3. An individual who was ineligible to possess a firearm pursuant to § 18.2-308.1:2 and whose competency or capacity was restored pursuant to § 37.2-1012 less than five years before the date of his application for a concealed handgun permit.

4. An individual who was ineligible to possess a firearm under § 18.2-308.1:3 and who was released from commitment less than five years before the date of this application for a concealed handgun permit.

5. An individual who is subject to a restraining order, or to a protective order and prohibited by § 18.2-308.1:4 from purchasing or transporting a firearm.

6. An individual who is prohibited by § 18.2-308.2 from possessing or transporting a firearm, except that a permit may be obtained in accordance with subsection C of that section.

7. An individual who has been convicted of two or more misdemeanors within the five-year period immediately preceding the application, if one of the misdemeanors was a Class 1 misdemeanor, but the judge shall have the discretion to deny a permit for two or more misdemeanors that are not Class 1. Traffic infractions and misdemeanors set forth in Title 46.2 shall not be considered for purposes of this disqualification.

8. An individual who is addicted to, or is an unlawful user or distributor of, marijuana or any controlled substance.

9. An individual who has been convicted of a violation of § 18.2-266 or a substantially similar local ordinance or of public drunkenness within the three-year period immediately preceding the application, or who is a habitual drunkard as determined pursuant to § 4.1-333.

10. An alien other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States.

11. An individual who has been discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States under dishonorable conditions.

12. An individual who is a fugitive from justice.

13. An individual who the court finds, by a preponderance of the evidence, based on specific acts by the applicant, is likely to use a weapon unlawfully or negligently to endanger others. The sheriff, chief of police, or attorney for the Commonwealth may submit to the court a sworn written statement indicating that, in the opinion of such sheriff, chief of police, or attorney for the Commonwealth, based upon a disqualifying conviction or upon the specific acts set forth in the statement, the applicant is likely to use a weapon unlawfully or negligently to endanger others. The statement of the sheriff, chief of police, or the attorney for the Commonwealth shall be based upon personal knowledge of such individual or of a deputy sheriff, police officer, or assistant attorney for the Commonwealth of the specific acts, or upon a written statement made under oath before a notary public of a competent person having personal knowledge of the specific acts.

14. An individual who has been convicted of any assault, assault and battery, sexual battery, discharging of a firearm in violation of § 18.2-280 or 18.2-286.1 or brandishing of a firearm in violation of § 18.2-282 within the three-year period immediately preceding the application.

15. An individual who has been convicted of stalking.

16. An individual whose previous convictions or adjudications of delinquency were based on an offense which would have been at the time of conviction a felony if committed by an adult under the laws of any state, the District of Columbia, the United States or its territories. For purposes of this disqualifier, only convictions occurring within 16 years following the later of the date of (i) the conviction or adjudication or (ii) release from any incarceration imposed upon such conviction or adjudication shall be deemed to be "previous convictions."

17. An individual who has a felony charge pending or a charge pending for an offense listed in subdivision 14 or 15.

18. An individual who has received mental health treatment or substance abuse treatment in a residential setting within five years prior to the date of his application for a concealed handgun permit.

19. An individual not otherwise ineligible pursuant to this section, who, within the three-year period immediately preceding the application for the permit, was found guilty of any criminal offense set forth in Article 1 (§ 18.2-247 et seq.) of Chapter 7 of this title or of a criminal offense of illegal possession or distribution of marijuana or any controlled substance, under the laws of any state, the District of Columbia, or the United States or its territories.

20. An individual, not otherwise ineligible pursuant to this section, with respect to whom, within the three-year period immediately preceding the application, upon a charge of any criminal offense set forth in Article 1 (§ 18.2-247 et seq.) of Chapter 7 of this title or upon a charge of illegal possession or distribution of marijuana or any controlled substance under the laws of any state, the District of Columbia, or the United States or its territories, the trial court found that the facts of the case were sufficient for a finding of guilt and disposed of the case pursuant to § 18.2-251 or the substantially similar law of any other state, the District of Columbia, or the United States or its territories.

TexasNative

imported post

Lysander wrote:
(I was going to comment further, but noticed "Banned" after Jack's username.)
I was wondering if that was going to happen. Thanks for point it out, Lysander. Now maybe we can put this all to rest. :)

MeBaby

imported post

caltain wrote:
Apparently, it wasn't 'nuff said. Am I the only person that this bothers?

Here's the latest from Jack, PM to me:
_____Original Message_____
Date: 2008-07-10 11:59:24
Subject:

Your right about that, you have no clue how much I ran on you.

I know where you work . Income Tax return issues, credit, criminal record check and DMV records are easy too.You would never guess the information I have collected on you.A inquire is being made as to whether you currently have a concealed carry permit and if this conduct of yours is sufficient to revoke it.

You are now being investigated my friend. If you think you can get on the net and disparage the bureau with invented stories you are insane. This board is crawling with federal agents and former federal agents. Great thing you did here for the cause of open carry.

Any interest in being a man and coming clean on the board yet? This is going to get worse, much worse for you. You are a young guy and the board probably will not kick you off should you just come clean. You will get a pass, and take some ribbing for a bit. You are not the first guy to get carried away with a story on here.If you continue with the lies,I will be getting a letter on Bureau stationary saying this never happened. The letter will get posted and at that point I will reveal your name, so everyone knows about the idiot in Herndon. The letter will also be posted in such a way that a simple Internet search will turn up this whole thread, if someone googles your name or address etc.

Confess &sin no more, (actually we will save that for the church).

Have a nice day Dan

It bothers the hell out of me! Sure seems that "jack" probably worked for them or some other federal agency and is now abusing privledges and/or violating ethics. I sure as hell have no desire to associate with him. The type of behavior displayed in that email gives police everywhere a bad name and would make the average citizen more cautious about ANY encounter or possible encounter with law enforcement! Very disturbing. :banghead::banghead:

The "J" in J. Edgar must stand for "jack":what::what:

TexasNative

imported post

MeBaby wrote:
The "J" in J. Edgar must stand for "jack":what::what:
Almost. Hoover's first name was John, and as we all know, "Jack" is a nickname for "John" (although I've never understood why).

Sheriff

imported post

caltain wrote:
Jack stated to me in a PM that he's not a LEO, for whatever that's worth.

Maybe not now. But did he ever say he never was a LEO?

I wonder how many laws Jack actually broke if this thing were to properly investigated? :shock:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That kid was such a joker.

I noticed up until his very last post his was still ignoring that fact that there is no "Virginia field office," but agents instead report to the field office in D.C.

When I read that PM I pretty much wanted to punch him in the face.

Ban stick FTW.

Edit: Don't stalkers usually lose their CHP, btw? Maybe jack is the one who needs to have it revoked! He probably shouldn't be carrying. :uhoh:

Tomahawk

imported post

Last time I heard, this forum didn't have a ban capability. Awesome.

Since I know you're lurking, jack, hope the door didn't hit your e-stalker butt on the way out.

mobeewan

imported post

I hope Mike or J Pierce forward any info available to the proper authorities so they can investigate the threats made. Sounds like this wacko needs to be checked out and get some new ankle jewelry. I'd hate to read about caltrain in the papers.

mercutio545

imported post

This is ridiculous. I can't believe how out of control this has gotten. When I first joined almost two years ago, this kind of mickey-mouse bull**** would have never come up. Back then, everybody was so polite, and the only "arguments" were about caliber, and what kind of holsters were better. Examples should be set here. Instead, we are going to be made examples of. A supposed "gun owner" and "open carrier" stalking somebody else? That scares the hell out of me, and I'm sure it would give plenty of fuel to the Anti's as well.

Jack is a disgrace to gun owners. Stalking somebody online? Are you serious? From what I've read, Caltain had no reason to lie about anything. And if he did, so what? Why is there any need to stalk him? There needs to be a better system to weed out these idiots. Longwatch was doing a pretty good job at it before, if I remember correctly. ;)