• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FWI CIty of Milwaukee District #2

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Not to start the whole pissing match all over again, but please remember there is a chance that this didn't even happen. Since there is no memo, it is starting to look that this could be more and more the case.

The OP has not returned since I called shenanigans and revealed that his screen name is the same firearm that many police officers in this state carry.

I know many of you will jump on this and say it is just a coincidence but let me bring to you attention that the subject of the police lying to us has been brought up here.

It would not be unheard of if the OP is an officer and fabricated this whole story just to scare members into not OCing.

I know I am being skeptical, but with good cause. It has been,

30 days since incident.
27 days since ORR.

I know there are a lot of files, but there can't be that many calls on that specific date at that specific time. I think the MPD is having a hard time finding the call because it didn't happen. I guess we will just have to wait and see, but how much longer do we wait before Shenanigans is officially declared?

For once ;) j.gleason and I agree. We shall see if there was an actual incident recorded.

AaronS

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Not to start the whole pissing match all over again, but please remember there is a chance that this didn't even happen. Since there is no memo, it is starting to look that this could be more and more the case.

The OP has not returned since I called shenanigans and revealed that his screen name is the same firearm that many police officers in this state carry.

I know many of you will jump on this and say it is just a coincidence but let me bring to you attention that the subject of the police lying to us has been brought up here.

It would not be unheard of if the OP is an officer and fabricated this whole story just to scare members into not OCing.

I know I am being skeptical, but with good cause. It has been,

30 days since incident.
27 days since ORR.

I know there are a lot of files, but there can't be that many calls on that specific date at that specific time. I think the MPD is having a hard time finding the call because it didn't happen. I guess we will just have to wait and see, but how much longer do we wait before Shenanigans is officially declared?
I'm with you my friend. Trust is earned, and is in short supply. We have seen so much B.S. on this site, trust is a hard thing to just "give". I can only add that if this were to have happened to me, I would have had the officers name, badge, and a full report would have been filed within days. I would like to trust everything I read, but I am way to old to just do that...

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

The OP has been to open-carry events. I suspect he hasn't been back because of the reception he received in this thread.

He came on to share information and got called a troll/liar/etc.

Its very possible that the incident may not show up on a records search by "open-carry" if all the police did was call in his name for a felony/warrant check.

According to the original post the police were driving by on patrol.

There is no way to record what they said standing in someone's front lawn.

open-records responded asking me for a name and address of the incident in question. I only have the date. As I said earlier, if there is no report and no incident report other than a dispatch log of the guys name getting run, nothing will turn up.

Look, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but we should have gotten facts first. I think a good guy was chased away in this case.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
The OP has been to open-carry events. I suspect he hasn't been back because of the reception he received in this thread.

Look, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but we should have gotten facts first. I think a good guy was chased away in this case.
+1:?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:

Its very possible that the incident may not show up on a records search by "open-carry" if all the police did was call in his name for a felony/warrant check.

According to the original post the police were driving by on patrol.

There is no way to record what they said standing in someone's front lawn.

open-records responded asking me for a name and address of the incident in question. I only have the date. As I said earlier, if there is no report and no incident report other than a dispatch log of the guys name getting run, nothing will turn up.

I will respectfully disagree with you on this one. If the officers left their patrol unit they absolutely have to notify dispatch that they have left the vehicle. This would be logged as to the date, time and place. There are no exceptions to this rule. if something bad would go down the dispatcher needs to know where to send back up. This is a policy that is pretty much written in stone with every department.

If the police stopped and got out of their patrol unit and entered someone elses property they would have to inform dispatch. There would be a record.

Has the OP given the exact time, date and address? No he only gave a date and that is because this record would not be that hard for them to find. Why not give you the date, time and address in private if you have talked to him privately? Doesn't that seem odd to you? Is it that hard to admit you may have been had on this one?

I wish I could just trust everyone who comes in here with a story but that is not going to happen. And to think that members here would just let police reach into their pockets is absurd. It was you Nik who first brought up the videos "Don't Talk To Police."

Not to mention that the entire incident is described exactly as an officer would descibe it if he/she were writing a report. I know this because I write those reports everyday. I also have conducted enough investigations to know when things are not adding up. Especially when we can't seem to get any verification that there even was a stop period.

As I stated before, his user name just by coincidence happens to be a firearm carried by many police officers here in Wisconsin. Gee I guess he thought no one would notice.

Believe what you want I am calling shenanigans on this one and at this point I don't care if he runs back to the department and has them make up some bogus file just to make him look good. (And don't think it doesn't happen)

ETA: I understand your hopefulness that everyone here in this forum only comes in support of the cause and that the membership here and in WCI will grow at a great pace by encouraging and welcoming every story. The fact is when people come in here and post a story that discourages OCW then you have to question why they are posting that story and not including the facts such as date, time and place.

Keep in mind many of these officers come in here and do this on their own without thinking that any of us would submit an ORR. Then it backfires on them.

I know many of you think I am chasing off new members but the truth is I am trying to stop supposed new members from scaring off the members here old and new.

Shenanigans!

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
i asked for a years worth of data including emails... I thought the price for the CD was a stretch,but I'd rather have the data cause $10 is better than J.Gleason's incessant badgering. ;) (just teasing you James) lol

I'm looking forward to seeing whats on the record.

J.Gleason

Banned
i asked for a years worth of data including emails... I thought the price for the CD was a stretch,but I'd rather have the data cause $10 is better than J.Gleason's incessant badgering. ;) (just teasing you James) lol

I'm looking forward to seeing whats on the record.

No worries. I just know things get busy and people forget. I am sure that is what the MPD would want you to do as well, forget.
But since you went that in depth to ask for the full year this will be very interesting indeed.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I have a disk from MPD with 1/2 a gig of data on it. Its all .pst

I think you need microsoft outlook to open it and read the emails.

I only have outlook express.

Does anyone know how to read the emails with another program? If not, is there a way to import them into outlook express?

J.Gleason

Banned
Most definitely a made up story by a trolling LEO at best. A drastic attempt to get people to stop OCing because they might get harassed by police. The OP gave himself away in his user name first and then the description of the incident which would be exactly the way an LEO would have described everything almost word for word.

With that and the fact that there is no open records for the incident, it is clear this whole thing was a lie. And the OP hasn't been back since.

ANYTIME an officer leaves his cruiser he must notify dispatch, there are no exceptions to this rule. Therefore if two officers stopped this individual on his own property that means they left their cruiser and had to inform dispatch. There would be a record. None has been found. Case proven!