• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting legislation for EMS to carry firearms

paramedic70002

paramedic70002

Off duty firefighter shoots at other firefighters in station

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/news/firefighter-arrested-for-firehouse-shooting-031512_18572615

A Dallas firefighter was arrested Thursday afternoon for shooting a gun in a firehouse.
Apparently last week Ventura brought semi-automatic handgun to the station on his day off... He was waiving the weapon around pointing it at his fellow firefighters.
Sources said he pulled the trigger several times, but only one bullet fired. The other firefighters took cover and no one was hurt.

Super Trucker

Oh goodie another group that think they also need to be special.

I'll tell the military next time they need me to haul missiles and or ammunition that it is too dangerous or not important enough and since I can not carry while doing so I refuse to do it. I guess nobody will die if the military runs out of supplies.

I'll tell the hospital the same, I can not carry there and they aren't important enough to deserve supplies so we shouldn't go. Doubt anybody would die.

Maybe the EMT companies don't need supplies either, they must be able to save lives magically. I guess nobody would die if their trucks ran out of fuel, drugs, bandages the medics lunch etc. etc. would they?

Point being, yes you have a very important job, but so do MANY other people.
Adding another special group only divides gun owners as a whole even farther.

paramedic70002

Man shoots ambulance multiple times that's transporting his gunshot victim

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-search-for-man-who-opened-fire-on-ambulance-157117365.html

It doesn't say, but I bet the police were on scene when this happened.

Police said the two men were arguing in the 100 block of Super Street near Canal Monday around 9 p.m. That is when Silva pulled out a gun and shot his mom’s boyfriend in the leg.

When an ambulance arrived to the scene, Silva was in his car and partially blocking the road. As the ambulance tried to pass, Silva began to make gestures, then actually pulled out his gun again and fired multiple times at the emergency vehicle, according to police.

"As they pulled around him, he pulled out a pistol and started firing rounds into the back of the ambulance," said Sgt. Robert Torres of Houston homicide.
The ambulance was struck four to five times, but none of the paramedics was hurt.