• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gibraltar Trade Center-Mt. Clemens Gun Show

T Vance

imported post

Venator wrote:
Yeah, he said he talked with the owner and he saidhe didn't want any guns in the place. I then said I would post that on many gun sites and he quickly said "well I can't speak for the owner." Huh?

I asked about CC he said "we won't ask and you don't tell, but if we know you have a gun we will ask you to leave are store it in your vehicle." Sounds anti-gun to me.

All I know is I was told by the Manager (Graig) that guns were not allowed in the center, unless they are unloaded and zipped tied and remain in the gun show area. But then he said he didn't speak for the owner.
Well if they don't want any guns in the place, maybe they shouldn't have a GUN SHOW...

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Venator wrote:
Yeah, he said he talked with the owner and he saidhe didn't want any guns in the place. I then said I would post that on many gun sites and he quickly said "well I can't speak for the owner." Huh?

I asked about CC he said "we won't ask and you don't tell, but if we know you have a gun we will ask you to leave are store it in your vehicle." Sounds anti-gun to me.

All I know is I was told by the Manager (Graig) that guns were not allowed in the center, unless they are unloaded and zipped tied and remain in the gun show area. But then he said he didn't speak for the owner.
Well if they don't want any guns in the place, maybe they shouldn't have a GUN SHOW...
aahhhh the hypocrisy!

mikestilly

imported post

Venator wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Venator wrote:
Yeah, he said he talked with the owner and he said he didn't want any guns in the place.  I then said I would post that on many gun sites and he quickly said "well I can't speak for the owner."  Huh?

I asked about CC he said "we won't ask and you don't tell, but if we know you have a gun we will ask you to leave are store it in your vehicle."  Sounds anti-gun to me.

All I know is I was told by the Manager (Graig) that guns were not allowed in the center, unless they are unloaded and zipped tied and remain in the gun show area.  But then he said he didn't speak for the owner.
aahhhh the hypocrisy!

Reminds me of Double Action with their NO OPEN CARRY sign but every employee in the store open carries.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Venator wrote:
So how did it go on Sunday? Many people there? Pass out lot's of info?
Sunday went great. I was surprised as it usually is a slower day. Passed out lots of info. I also spoke to the instructors from Aim Straight who were there teaching the CPL class. During a break several of their students came by the table and stated they just covered OC in the class. The instructors asked for some pamphlets which I gave them. They handed them out to the class and will make copies to hand out to all future classes. Also had one regular and one family membership paid for on Sunday. I left around 4:30 to head to Coney Island. By that time the show had started to slow and most vendors were disassembling their displays. Received lots of positive feed back from the vendors thanking us for being there.

Bailenforcer

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Venator wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Venator wrote:

aahhhh the hypocrisy!

Reminds me of Double Action with their NO OPEN CARRY sign but every employee in the store open carries.
This is so simple, DO NOT PATRONIZE these places PERIOD! BOYCOTT them and tell everyone about it, eventually they will wake up or perish. I will NEVER patronize a business who doesn't want me there. No gun = no me.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Venator wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Venator wrote:

aahhhh the hypocrisy!

This is so simple, DO NOT PATRONIZE these places PERIOD! BOYCOTT them and tell everyone about it, eventually they will wake up or perish. I will NEVER patronize a business who doesn't want me there. No gun = no me.
Why are you so stubborn! It's obvious that you understand your God Given Rights and The meaning of Freedom and your duty to protect your fellow man.Are you one of those Rightwing Extremists who believe that you are your brothers keeper? I think So! I concur!

Haman J.T.

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
springerdave wrote:
Huh?springerdave.
Not sure, but I think what Hamaneggs is saying is that Bailenforcer should not speak for the rest of us.
I was just being lite hearted about his Pro-Gun passion.I too get frustrated at the ignorance of so-called pro-gun folks.It's like a LEO telling me he believes in my right to keep and bear arms but there is a time and a place for it,and walking down the street is not one of them.You can emagine the thoughts going through my head at that time,couldn't you?

Michigander

imported post

Is there still no official final word from the owner of the trade center?

If not, perhaps some phone calls and emails are in order?

Bailenforcer

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Venator wrote:
T Vance wrote:
Venator wrote:

aahhhh the hypocrisy!

Why are you so stubborn! It's obvious that you understand your God Given Rights and The meaning of Freedom and your duty to protect your fellow man.Are you one of those Rightwing Extremists who believe that you are your brothers keeper? I think So! I concur!
Stubborn? To whom do you speak? I made one comment and I am stubborn. Would you like to borrow my dictionary? One comment is not an indicator of stubbornness. And how does my not wanting to do business with those who wish to crush my "God given rights" as you called them, make me a right wing extremist? I notice you use the words of Karl Marx so well, should I assume as you have about me, that your are a communist? Using your level of thinking as my guide I could conclude such.
You use the the Karl Marx argument from intimidation well as if you were schooled in it.. Attack, label a person then attack and accuse. Well done. Now can we get back to the discussion at hand comrade, and quit name calling and labeling me?

If you have no valid argument them don't resort to extreme labels, it only makes you look like an extremist. Fact is it is an American Institution to vote with ones wallet, we have done this from day one in this country. We don't patronize those who oppress us. You would have us give money to places where they actively assault our rights? Please explain... Would that be a fools folly?

Since you are on this attacking people and smearing them kick I will ask this of you, do you work at one of these places? Or are you somehow connected with them? Your passionate smearing of others to defend them makes me suspect your intentions.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

But anyway, regardless of ignorant/hypocrite/anti OCmanagement making up rules as they go along and tripping over their own feet doing so, it was, IMO, a good show.

If they choose to prohibit OC and CC on the private property there's not much that can be said or done.

Lets put the bickering behind :)

Bailenforcer

imported post

hamaneggs wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
springerdave wrote:
Huh?springerdave.
Not sure, but I think what Hamaneggs is saying is that Bailenforcer should not speak for the rest of us.
I was just being lite hearted about his Pro-Gun passion.I too get frustrated at the ignorance of so-called pro-gun folks.It's like a LEO telling me he believes in my right to keep and bear arms but there is a time and a place for it,and walking down the street is not one of them.You can emagine the thoughts going through my head at that time,couldn't you?
Maybe before you call people ignorant, you might do a study of the founding fathers and their actual writings, and I don't mean your government printed 7th grade history text book. It was perfectly clear the intentions of the founding fathers on carry and ownership. They didn't waffle like so many so called pro OC people I have seen do.

To spend money to support a business that suppresses your rights is pure stupidity.

mikestilly

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
springerdave wrote:
Huh?springerdave.
Maybe before you call people ignorant, you might do a study of the founding fathers and their actual writings, and I don't mean your government printed 7th grade history text book. It was perfectly clear the intentions of the founding fathers on carry and ownership. They didn't waffle like so many so called pro OC people I have seen do.

To spend money to support a business that suppresses your rights is pure stupidity.

Guys quit making it personal just discuss the issues.

Putting both of your comments together it's like the Double Action range. A place that prohibits you from open carrying yet they sell guns there and in the case of Double Action their employees open carry is hypocrisy at it's finest.

At Gibraltar if they have a gun show and they tell law abiding people they cant CC or OC there the hypocrisy is there in your face. It's the liberal way of thinking. It's ok if you do it elsewhere as long as you don't do it here. Even though "we support you" which in reality is BS they are interested in making money and nothing more. The only thing they support is freeing you of your money nothing more.

Mike

Bailenforcer

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
But anyway, regardless of ignorant/hypocrite/anti OCmanagement making up rules as they go along and tripping over their own feet doing so, it was, IMO, a good show.

If they choose to prohibit OC and CC on the private property there's not much that can be said or done.

Lets put the bickering behind :)
Springer this is not bickering, this is discussion on the fundamental issue on the right to carry. if we fail to get the fundamentals correct we will soon see our rights once again trampled on. Businesses who try to appease the enemies of the constitution should never be funded by us. To appease is to support. When Hitler was killing would it have been correct to act in his support? I hope the answer is no. To act as if in support would be the same as support.

To not patronize a business who is active in the suppression of your rights is not only prudent, but it helps that business owner get his loyalties in order when the big fight comes, and mark my word the liberals are far from giving up. This is all about the fundamental and basic thought process that one does not appease the enemies of freedom, nor side with them in any way. I have had more success on my own by hitting the movers and shakers with their wallets than my fist, meaning thse people are "business" men or women and their primary reason to be in business is what? MONEY! When you vote with your wallet they will listen, or perish. If the trade center reuses to get it, then it will continue it's slow death as it has. The trade center is a mere shell of hat it once was. I remember the gun shows there and they were huge, but wrong headed thinking chased many away and rightfully so. It's just a matter of time before it will collapse under the weight of it's wrong headed thinking. Then maybe some bright young man with the money will do as the Silver Dome was and buy it for one penny on the dollar and turn it once again into something of value.

We have a strange mindset in this country that was not there in the 1970's, we would rather attack each other than attack our enemies. This is a sign of a society in decline. To save a penny we buy junk Chinese trash, instead of quality American Made Products that last longer and are cheaper over it's lifespan. We have become a myopic people. We can't see anything beyond our noses anymore so to speak. And to those that dare attack me on patriotic grounds, you again should read about our history.
Constructive criticism is a benefit, not a hinderance.

Unless we wake up as a society and get back to the constitutional mindet in all areas, we will perish in short order. The fall of all societies was first a slow process then followed by a sudden decline into chaos. We are at the door of chaos, lest we be blind and can not see this coming. Now is the time to be prudent and dig in our heels, because we have little time to play games left.

We are at the no turning back period now. What will our decision be as a country and people?

Bailenforcer

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
springerdave wrote:
Huh?springerdave.

Guys quit making it personal just discuss the issues.

Putting both of your comments together it's like the Double Action range. A place that prohibits you from open carrying yet they sell guns there and in the case of Double Action their employees open carry is hypocrisy at it's finest.

At Gibraltar if they have a gun show and they tell law abiding people they cant CC or OC there the hypocrisy is there in your face. It's the liberal way of thinking. It's ok if you do it elsewhere as long as you don't do it here. Even though "we support you" which in reality is BS they are interested in making money and nothing more. The only thing they support is freeing you of your money nothing more.

Mike
Very Good Mike! At least there's one other that see's this correctly. I remember in the 1970's we bitched about communism while giving the USSR Billions and Billions of dollars in aid money, instead of cutting them off and let them fail. This is no different than supporting a "gun" business who does not support our gun rights. It is pure stupidity to support them.

Michigander

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
At Gibraltar if they have a gun show and they tell law abiding people they cant CC or OC there the hypocrisy is there in your face. It's the liberal way of thinking. It's ok if you do it elsewhere as long as you don't do it here.
I would call it simple ineptitude, not anything to do with someones choice of sides on the political square.

I personally know Marxists who can think more clearly than that.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
hamaneggs wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
springerdave wrote:
Huh?springerdave.

Reread what I said above about being lite hearted in my statement.I did mention your pro-gun passion.I understand the founders,as I am a 24/7, anywhere,believer in my God Given right to keep and bear arms.I was speaking of others ignorance.I also boycott Anti-Gun businesses. You obviously misunderstood what I said,due to my not having written english much since graduating 30+ years ago.Peace be to You!

Bailenforcer

imported post

Michigander wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
At Gibraltar if they have a gun show and they tell law abiding people they cant CC or OC there the hypocrisy is there in your face. It's the liberal way of thinking. It's ok if you do it elsewhere as long as you don't do it here.
I would call it simple ineptitude, not anything to do with someones choice of sides on the political square.

I personally know Marxists who can think more clearly than that.
I also know our enemies can think more clearly than some in here.

You will find a common mindset with many who scream down the constitutional and attack others. They come from the camps of the young and inexperienced, or the ones drawing a government paycheck. I remember a guy who was the body Guard of Mark Korenke and used to be a close friend on mine. He was an ultra constitutionalist, till he retired then he no longer wanted to make waves, he drew a nice paycheck from pension and social security, and suddenly lost his patriotism....

I always check my opponents and seldom do they not have a connection to the enemy, or are plain ignorant due to inexperience. The latter can be excused as ignorance can be educated away..