• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay "Leaders" Want Guns Out of Parks

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Flipper wrote:
What about those mayors in northern & central Wis
Where can a guy see a list of these anti-2A mayors?
Do they have a "Town Supervisors Against guns" organization too?

The Minocqua town supervisor (our version of a mayor)is pro-2A, he has posted in this forum on a few occasions too.
He co-authored the firearmspremption bill (66.049) and accompanied usduring our Minocqua O-C walk that was highlighted in the lakeland times a few months back.

Here it is - straight from the horse's butt - be careful where you step when you look at it.

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/members/members.shtml

I wonder how much tax dollars fromthe Wisconsin cities are going to this organization as dues? Having a fancy web site like that doesn't come cheap.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Mayors against ILLEGAL Guns;

spacer_369_15.gif

Message from the Co-Chairs
As mayors, our highest responsibility is to enforce the law and to protect the people we serve. One of the most difficult challenges we face in meeting this responsibility is preventing criminals from illegally obtaining guns and preventing those who do get them from using them. The issue of illegal guns is not conservative or liberal; it is an issue of law and order -- and life or death.

IMO, they start out in thier description just fine by saying they want to keep the guns out of the hands of those currently prohibited by federal law from having them. I tend to agree with this part

But then they go on to highlight Bloomberg, who wants to disarm everyone except the police and active military. The website is sending a mixed message IMO

I am all for keeping guns out of the hands of violent criminals, But it seems as if mayors org wants to disarm everyone, and evertone that owns a firearm is seen as a criminal by them!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:

spacer_369_15.gif

As mayors, our highest responsibility is to enforce the law and to protect the people we serve. One of the most difficult challenges we face in meeting this responsibility is preventing criminals from illegally obtaining guns and preventing those who do get them from using them. The issue of illegal guns is not conservative or liberal; it is an issue of law and order -- and life or death.

IMO, they start out in thier description just fine by saying they want to keep the guns out of the hands of those currently prohibited by federal law from having them. I tend to agree with this part

But then they go on to highlight Bloomberg, who wants to disarm everyone except the police and active military. The website is sending a mixed message IMO

I am all for keeping guns out of the hands of violent criminals, But it seems as if mayors org wants to disarm everyone, and evertone that owns a firearm is seen as a criminal by them!
Just wait a year or two , Obama's next mission will be OUR guns... it's on the whitehouse.gov website.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

As mayors, our highest responsibility is to enforce the law and to protect the people we serve. One of the most difficult challenges we face in meeting this responsibility is preventing criminals from illegally obtaining guns and preventing those who do get them from using them. :cuss:The issue of illegal guns is not conservative or liberal; it is an issue of law and order -- and life or death.

Just wait a year or two , Obama's next mission will be OUR guns... it's on the whitehouse.gov website.

With Bloomberg and Daily founding the organization, I believe the true agenda is the underlined quote.Without a doubt that's the goal of the "don't call 911" mayor of Milwaukee and the "there is no crime in my city" mayor of Madison. As for the other Wisconsin members, it's up to their taxpayers to determineas to why.

Regarding Obama's "anti-gun agenda" - I don't really think he has one, except from viewing it inpragmatic political terms. Like Clinton, he grow up without any exposure to guns. Unfortunately Obama has surrounded himself with Clinton retreads, the most nortious of whom is Holder.

It is a very good thing that a large number Blue Dog Dems got elected.They will need to keep getting elected if there is any chance of changing the anti-gun stance of the Democrat party.

I guess this thread has gone off the Green Bay topic. Replys and further discussion in a new one?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Flipper wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

As mayors, our highest responsibility is to enforce the law and to protect the people we serve. One of the most difficult challenges we face in meeting this responsibility is preventing criminals from illegally obtaining guns and preventing those who do get them from using them. :cuss:The issue of illegal guns is not conservative or liberal; it is an issue of law and order -- and life or death.

Where? I can not find it any where.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

Holy crap they took it off the website, WOW. It was there a month after he was elected.:uhoh:, i don't like this.....

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

Holy crap they took it off the website, WOW. It was there a month after he was elected.:uhoh:, i don't like this.....
It kind of proves my point that peoples minds are changing about gun rights.
If he was that set against guns he would not have taken it off the site.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Flipper wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

It kind of proves my point that peoples minds are changing about gun rights.
If he was that set against guns he would not have taken it off the site.
Sure he would, to divert our attention away from it, they are waiting for the 2010 election results, it they maintain control of the house& senate - The Assault weapons banreauthorization act of 2009 , is on.
:banghead: