• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guide in workplace fo active shooter

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Al.... there is no need for a long involved discussion or print outs to hand to anti gunners... the conversation can be immediately ended with a retort that no anti has an answer for...

"I carry a gun so you will have someone to hide behind when trouble comes." pretty much shuts up any anti.
I'll have to remember that one. ;)

NHCGRPR45

I originally decided my life was more important than my job, but after hearing the words, "Hold it, we have to search you", reality set in fast. All male supervisors were for some reason not available, so the female there told me, "pat yourself down". ::pat:: ::pat:: "Clean!", I proclaimed, and then walked away (with a huge guilty grin on my face).

Now, if I need to defend myself, it will just have to wait 3 minutes until I can find one of them deep concealment holsters (crotch / underwear holsters). :(

What no staplers handy? Also brings new meaning to the saying " is that a gun or are you just happy to see me??..." Try saying that to a date that dosen't know you have a gun! " Uh well it is a gun...... but if you shift over a tad you'll notice that I am indeed happy to see you!:shocker:

A bit extreme stainless. Can you cite the "no duty to act". As it stood in 2005 (my last year as an NRA instructor) many people and professions had a duty to act. Police, Firefighters, and EMS in Michigan all have a duty to act on AND off duty. I diligently researched this because I am a Paramedic. Also, parents of minor children have a duty to protect their childen. In addition to this a husband/wife has the duty to act to protect their spouse. I would gladly cite these findings in laws and case law however my training matierals are 8000 miles away. Also, they are very spread out for internet research. I am very curious to any changes to these laws. Thank you.

+1 for losing my job before my life. the "pocket pistol" market offers many choices these days compaired to the past years.

As for the toilet paper, errr... "guide". Didn't an equally stupid guide come out in the 1960's during the Cuban missle crisis?
View attachment 4991

This may be more effective...
View attachment 4992

Well a duty to act is not really a duty to protect. Technically a cop could watch you get raped murdered or worse, then catch the offender and not have to worry to much about law suits. Now would most cops do that?? No, probably not. But I stay armed so as to limit the "probably" factor as much as I can. Lets not forget police work is an "after the fact" service. Especially for violent crime.

Little saying I have, "Every where I go anyone in need has a friend, Wherever I am everyone is a little safer because I am there."

Saw that online someplace years ago it fits with my views so I like it. Kinda a motto I suppose.

Last edited: