• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

45acpForMe

My ex-mother-in-law ...
How to accomplish this without the other consequence.(read: losing half my stuff)

Unless she decides to go through with a sex change operation you are stuck with her but then you would have two anti-Father-in-laws.... (I'm sure the hormone therapy wouldn't change her anti position) ;-)

I did lose half my stuff/money. And am still paying.... :-(

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

Unless she decides to go through with a sex change operation you are stuck with her but then you would have two anti-Father-in-laws.... (I'm sure the hormone therapy wouldn't change her anti position) ;-)

I did lose half my stuff/money. And am still paying.... :-(

Thats how it is with marriage laws these days. You get screwed over. You could be married 20 years and then, she decides to leave, you have to pay her to leave. I had a married friend tell me once, if people knew what marriage was really a lot less people would marry. Women are rewarded with money to leave marriages, so no down side for them to leave/marry.

OC'ed bike riding( I was smiling how blessed we have to have freedoms[to carry], just to go down the road and bike without going to jail etc..), and around the yard. Today is good weather.

Last edited:

The Airframer

( I was smiling how blessed we have to have freedoms[to carry], just to go down the road and bike without going to jail etc..)

Amen! OC'd today at Walmart on Lynnhaven and Coldstone Creamery over there by the 7 11 across the parking lot from walmart. Got a few looks in walmart, one employee over by gardening was standing with a group of her co-workers and i could overhear her say "He got a gun yo" i pretty much kept about my business and got my charcoal cause this deer meat ain't gonna cook itself. Encountered one LEO otw to check out, gave him a nod and it was returned. The clerk in the express asked me "weren't you here the other night?" looked down at my Ruger, "with your gun, are you a police officer?"... Never saw this lady, "Nope, I just proudly exercise our 2nd amendment." and gave her the VA open carry flier i'd printed off of the sticky (i keep one on me for these conversations). She said her husband was looking into getting one and I told her all he needs to know is in that flier. Went over to the redbox to browse the BS they had, and one of VBPD's finest walked out of some security room beside the redbox machine. She looked at me as she walked then a double-take at my peacekeeper. No words exchanged, no BS movie either.

Lincoln7

OC'd as I payed my water bill at the local municipality, the local hardware store, and on a bicycle ride around town. One of the workers at the hardware store saw my S&W 19 and asked "9mm?" I replied "No Sir, .357 magnum." He said "Oh, I carry a .380" as he pointed to his pocket. I told him it's good that he carries.

MagiK_SacK

I have lost "friends" to this argument.

:banghead:

<smh>

Thankfully I don't see myself losing any family relationships over this. I'm just thankful that they at least 'respect' my decision and don't continually try to get me to stop.

Matthew 13:57 And so they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own house.”

Don't worry about it. My family has had more problems with me becoming a gun-nut than anyone else I know. My ex-mother-in-law still believes and will argue the point that no one should have guns even police. The problem with anti's is they create a fantasy world like that and then try to make you live in it no matter how logic reason or reality contradict them. So my thought is that you are experiencing the same thing many of us have. :)

ETA: OC-ed to Chipotle for lunch. :)

I was sure other people had experienced this as well, just thought I would share my experience.

OC'd to Lowes. I swear soon enough the people at Lowes are going to know me by name. I am there about once a week. Thinking about it now, they probably refer to me as the guy with the gun by now, lol.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

OC-ed yesterday to Atlantic Coast Tumbling, Subway, Food Lion, then today to Wynne Ford and Jason's Deli. No issues.

At ACT Saturday I ran into another gun lover and sat and discussed firearms for the remainder of the class his daughter was in. It is nice to be able to talk guns while being a cheer-dad. :)

Glockster

The clerk in the express asked me "weren't you here the other night?" looked down at my Ruger, "with your gun, are you a police officer?"

I guess this falls into the category of "I suppose that this happens a lot around here" but never got around to asking it. I haven't really had any unpleasant encounters while OC'ing (other than one LEO suggesting that I should "be careful" so that someone doesn't think that I'm brandishing....what I'm supposed to "be careful about" though wasn't clear as I simply had my carry in its holster nice and snug). But what I do seem to run into a lot while OC'ing here in HR is someone asking me if I'm LEO. Interesting that it seems that so often that someone seeing my OC that they think that rather than "oh he must be a bad guy." Kind of makes me wonder how those MWAG situations then develop if more times than not folks just assume that OC = LEO.

45acpForMe

<snip> But what I do seem to run into a lot while OC'ing here in HR is someone asking me if I'm LEO. Interesting that it seems that so often that someone seeing my OC that they think that rather than "oh he must be a bad guy." Kind of makes me wonder how those MWAG situations then develop if more times than not folks just assume that OC = LEO.

Well it depends on your hair style and what you wear. If you look professional I think many assume you must be LEO or military of some sort. If you look like a gang banger or biker dude they might assume otherwise. :)

Since most of us act responsibly and politely (I did say MOST ;-) people can assume we are law abiding people with need/want of a gun on our hip. It makes for good PR to start conversations and spread the knowledge that they too can take up the responsibility for their own safety. I am sure if I looked like a scary dude there would be less conversation. Some people will go running from a room if there is a spider in it, no matter how safe/cute/LEO-looking that spider is so there is no helping some hoplophobes. :)

With that said there is no dress code for OC other than if you want to help the 2A-exerciser image there are things you can do rather than have to do.

Glockster

Well it depends on your hair style and what you wear. If you look professional I think many assume you must be LEO or military of some sort. If you look like a gang banger or biker dude they might assume otherwise. :)

Since most of us act responsibly and politely (I did say MOST ;-) people can assume we are law abiding people with need/want of a gun on our hip. It makes for good PR to start conversations and spread the knowledge that they too can take up the responsibility for their own safety. I am sure if I looked like a scary dude there would be less conversation. Some people will go running from a room if there is a spider in it, no matter how safe/cute/LEO-looking that spider is so there is no helping some hoplophobes. :)

With that said there is no dress code for OC other than if you want to help the 2A-exerciser image there are things you can do rather than have to do.

Yeah, I don't "drive like I stole it" and wouldn't make a "good" gang banger or biker dude. I do usually wear a button down docker kind of shirt, have shorter hair and am on the polite side. So that probably does create more of that positive image.

Interestingly though is that when I get asked if I am LEO my answer is always a short statement that no I'm not. I don't act like I'm at a loss as to why they'd ask that, but am instead waiting for them to ask what I'd think would be the obvious question about why I carry, or for them to say that they didn't know that you could, etc. etc. But I've never had anyone ask why I carried or say that they didn't know you could. They just seem to accept that I'm not LEO and seem to mentally move along. I've never felt comfortable just launching into a "why I OC discussion" without someone first asking. Maybe everyone I run into knows and just is asking if I'm LEO so they know to offer me a discount or such.

The Airframer

I tested this theory today and it holds water:D We left the house earlier this morning and it was a bit cooler so I put on my long sleeve Sons of Anarchy shirt with the reaper holding a gun and my holstered P95 and headed out to open a bank account for the wife, get some grub, and shop for a 380 for the wife to CC in her purse (and make me a BUG when she's doesn't needit.) Well, had to lock it up in the car at NFCU cause their policy doesn't allow firearms on premises (or cartoons on the TV in the lobby for the kiddos either commies). OC'd over at Grand China Buffet over on Battlefield Blvd, and got "the eye" from nearly everyone. I went for another plate, the wife stayed seated with the kids and overheard a group of middle-aged gentlemen spark up a conversation about my shirt and gun not meshing so well... Guess I look like a bad guy. These fine gentlemen didn't have a problem talking about me behind my back and that's their right, i respect that. Left without incident. Headed over to Starbucks across the Lowe's on Battlefield for some desert and coffee. No problems there, except some chick came in flaunting a brazilian butt lift booty in spandex- the wife caught me glancing...:uhoh: Its like a lamborghini - i know i'll never own one but that shouldnt stop me from admiring one when i see it....

Last edited:

45acpForMe

I tested this theory today and it holds water:D We left the house earlier this morning and it was a bit cooler so I put on my long sleeve Sons of Anarchy shirt with the reaper holding a gun and my holstered P95 and headed out to open a bank account for the wife, get some grub, and shop for a 380 for the wife to CC in her purse (and make me a BUG when she's doesn't needit.) Well, had to lock it up in the car at NFCU cause their policy doesn't allow firearms on premises (or cartoons on the TV in the lobby for the kiddos either commies). OC'd over at Grand China Buffet over on Battlefield Blvd, and got "the eye" from nearly everyone. I went for another plate, the wife stayed seated with the kids and overheard a group of middle-aged gentlemen spark up a conversation about my shirt and gun not meshing so well... Guess I look like a bad guy. These fine gentlemen didn't have a problem talking about me behind my back and that's their right, i respect that. Left without incident. Headed over to Starbucks across the Lowe's on Battlefield for some desert and coffee. No problems there, except some chick came in flaunting a brazilian butt lift booty in spandex- the wife caught me glancing...:uhoh: Its like a lamborghini - i know i'll never own one but that shouldnt stop me from admiring one when i see it....

That reminded me of those lists of why [cars,guns,insert-hobby-here] are better than women. :) My Explorer never got jealous when I drooled over a lamborghini. Then again my Explorer never cooked me a meal or serviced "me" in any other way. :-( There is the old question of who loves you more, your wife or your dog? If you don't know the answer it is your dog! If you don't believe me, on a hot summer day, lock both of them in your trunk for an hour and see which of them is glad to see you when you let them out! PS: (Make sure she is not armed at the time)

Now I am going to have to go to google images and look up brazilian butt lift booty (spandex optional) to get the full meaning of what you saw. ;-)

ETA: Found it:

--Moderator response to deleted pictures--..

Last edited:

The Airframer

Now I am going to have to go to google images and look up brazilian butt lift booty (spandex optional) to get the full meaning of what you saw. ;-)
]

Still laughing about the dog and the lady trunk thing!!! I saw the images before the moderators found them! Dude google did no justice for what i saw today, this thing was epic.... I don't know how to describe it.... It really needs its own star on the boulevard. Not to get too far off topic- can I ride my bike around my neighborhood OC'ing without issues?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Still laughing about the dog and the lady trunk thing!!!!! I saw the images before the waffenhiesem blitzkrieg found them! Dude google did no justice for the booty i saw today, this hiney was epic.... I don't know how to describe it.... It really needs its own star on the boulevard. Not to get too far off topic- can I ride my bike around my neighborhood OC'ing without issues?

Yes you can legally do so.

Seriously guys - when it come to posting pictures and/or the language used, we must remember that this is a publicly viewed forum: grandmothers, clergy, media, politicians, antis, fence sittters etc. - look at the stats on the bottom of the Discussion home page - we make up about 10% of the viewers. OCDO is not as some would contend a totally free, anything goes, speech zone. We all have a responsibility to be aware and well......responsible.

If we can't be self-moderating to some effective degree, then the alternative is to have all attachments approved first - don't think anyone really wants to go there. Insofar as blitzkrieg, if any part of a post is still there, it was handled gently and in any event without malice.

Suggest we get back on topic w/o further reference to that subject.

45acpForMe

... can I ride my bike around my neighborhood OC'ing without issues?

I have ridden my bike while OC-ing and even had a neighbor wave me over to ask about it. During that ride we even stopped to pet a dog that a young woman was walking that wanted (the dog) to say hi to us and there was no mention of the sidearm. The only caveat I have while carrying is that our bike rides can't go to the school playground where my daughter likes to go.

As for the moderators, I humbly apologize. I try to be an ambassador for OC as best I can. :)

Last edited:

The Airframer

Yes you can legally do so.

Seriously guys - when it come to posting pictures and/or the language used, we must remember that this is a publicly viewed forum.

Suggest we get back on topic w/o further reference to that subject.

Undoubtedly unprofessional. I apologize for the sidetracking and exaggeration of moderation. I appreciate the cause and would in no way want to interfere with it! I was simply stating that in my situation, the only problem I encountered was with the spousal unit noticing my awareness of my surroundings... a little too much... Thanks for the feedback, most likely will attempt a 10 mile bike ride OC'ing tomorrow if its still nice out.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Undoubtedly unprofessional. I apologize for the sidetracking and exaggeration of moderation. I appreciate the cause and would in no way want to interfere with it! I was simply stating that in my situation, the only problem I encountered was with the spousal unit noticing my awareness of my surroundings... a little too much... Thanks for the feedback, most likely will attempt a 10 mile bike ride OC'ing tomorrow if its still nice out.

Spoken like a true Virginia gentleman - thank you all.

The Airframer

Well I didn't get a chance to ride the bike today but I did OC over at walmart on Military in Norfolk, Bob's Guns, Doumar's (awesome bbq sandwich and even better waffle cone!) and eventually my walmart here on Lynnhaven. No hiccups, one gentleman in Norfolk asked me how my Ruger fired, I told him it grouped on a baseball @ 21+feet, he said he was going to look at some today. The wife tried on some 380's today but it seems shes grown quite fond of the LC9 and it seems to be just right for her purse...

ocholsteroc

Well I didn't get a chance to ride the bike today but I did OC over at walmart on Military in Norfolk, Bob's Guns, Doumar's (awesome bbq sandwich and even better waffle cone!) and eventually my walmart here on Lynnhaven. No hiccups, one gentleman in Norfolk asked me how my Ruger fired, I told him it grouped on a baseball @ 21+feet, he said he was going to look at some today. The wife tried on some 380's today but it seems shes grown quite fond of the LC9 and it seems to be just right for her purse...

No, no no no! please do not do purse carry, in CCW class they tell you its a bad place to put a gun for a woman. My aunt carrys the LC9, on her hip at like 2-3o clock. I like the LCP and LC9. The LCP is very snappy and wants to fly out of your hand...