• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

rdbro83

Then you should have no trouble determining what is causing the problem.

Are you saying that K-Mart and TJ Max amongst others are now using metal detectors as security theater? I have been in both locally with a fairly substantial metal presence and set off no alarms.

Im researching the insight technology and seeing it it emits a frequency or the battery itself may have something to do with it, cause neither my fn herstal or my 1911 set off the alarms, I am not positive its a metal detector.

mpguy

Got told buy my son's adhd doctor today after a year of carrying, not to anymore. :/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mpguy

Because of the children of course. Was the gest of it. He said it was practice policy.

Needless to say, I asked for a copy of his health records. Will be changing doctors.

Last edited:

Liberty-or-Death

You mean no more carrying when visiting him on appointments for your son. It sounded as if you were saying he was prescribing you cease all carrying because of your son's condition, which made little sense to me.

μολών λαβέ

mpguy

You mean no more carrying when visiting him on appointments for your son. It sounded as if you were saying he was prescribing you cease all carrying because of your son's condition, which made little sense to me.

μολών λαβέ

Sorry for the confusion. He just means in the doctors office.

Last edited:

paramedic70002

I OC regularly but have been doing so exclusively since I let my CC permit expire. By regularly I mean just a few places since I prefer to stay at home and not run around everywhere when I'm not at work.

So...

In addition to the usual Food Lion and WalMart etc trips, i recently accompanied my wife to "1Foot2Foot" podiatry in downtown Suffolk for a couple of post-op appointments. I don't think anyone even noticed I was OC.

I also had several uneventful encounters while walking my dog outside of a pain management doctor's office in Elizabeth City, NC. Not really "Hampton Roads" but close enough.

Liberty-or-Death

I used to live in E.C. before starting to OC. I don't recall anyone ever carrying openly when I lived there.

μολών λαβέ

sandiego

its greekweek. last year i had the unfortunate luck to be caught right in the middle of it cuz i work at the beach
over 300 911 calls last year. they are looking for any excuse to start another riot at the beach
every vbpd officer is on duty this weekend

Last edited:

sandiego

its greekweek. last year i had the unfortunate luck to be caught right in the middle of it cuz i work at the beach
over 300 911 calls last year. they are looking for any excuse to start another riot at the beach
every vbpd officer is on duty this weekend

im working down there again this weekend and sadly i cant carry while working

wrearick

we are camping with our camping club just south of the resort area. Didn't realize it was spring break/greek weekend. I will definately be carrying this weekend. Also the Beach is doing a turn in/disposal of excess meds this weekend so a trip to the second precinct building is on our list of running this weekend.

Last edited:

va_tazdad

we are camping with our camping club just south of the resort area. Didn't realize it was spring break/greek weekend. I will definately be carrying this weekend. Also the Beach is doing a turn in/disposal of excess meds this weekend so a trip to the second precinct building is on our list of running this weekend.

It is a national campaign. They are holding drug turn in's everywhere.

hafnhaf

well, today i got kicked out of Movie Tavern in Williamsburg. got a full refund for the opera tickets and the food (which I took to go, at the manager's insistence). nothing but nice, polite conversation with the manager. She was just enforcing company policy. apparently only badged officers, on duty, can carry on the premises.

oh well, time to buy that nice high-def projector. 55" plasma is still not "movie" enough.

also, time to have a chat with the company website.

Esanders2008

Since carry isn't allowed at Babies R Us, does anyone know of a 2a friendly establishment to buy baby items? Target just doesn't have everything I want/need.

Justine

Since carry isn't allowed at Babies R Us, does anyone know of a 2a friendly establishment to buy baby items? Target just doesn't have everything I want/need.

Sears, Kohls, Wal-Mart. BTW... with Wal-Mart and Target you can shop online (more options that way) and pick it up at the store and not pay any shipping costs. Same with Sears I think. Not sure about Kohls. But you can carry at both Sears and Kohls.