• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help for Admins. -> Tell them what needs to be tweaked in one spot vs many thoughout.

Do you like the "new" format vs. the "old" one?

• Total voters

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Sent messages & savinging them.

I couldn't see any messages that were sent since the "change over". This was annoying but I dealt with it. ;) Now that I had some to play around I've found what the issue is. When sending a message BEFORE you hit send you have to look down the page & just left of center there's a tiny little check box that says save this message you need to check it for every message you send that you want to save.

This is not a critical statement here: Guys/Gals we are going to have to figure a lot of things out for ourselves & some things we are just going to have to live with. I say this because I now understand this is a site ran by just (2) people in their spare time & for the amount of traffic this forum & a couple of others get I'd say they have bitten off more than their share of responsibilities. Thanks John & other "unknown" Admin. I truly do appreciate your efforts.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
There is actually a way to set this by default.

Go to Settings (top right of screen) then General Settings (menu on left) and under Messaging & Notification settings, click on "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default".

Voila! No need to do it on a message by message basis.

As for an unknown admin, it is just me. There are 3 accounts on here that have admin privileges; jpierce (me), Administrator (me also ... vbulletin creates an Administrator account by default), and Mike.

The great thing about vBulletin is the shear volume of features and options it gives us. While that may take a little while to figure out, the great thing is that we can ultimately respond to almost any request. :)

Thanks again to everyone for their patience and a great big thanks to vBulletin for having such a great product and to my friend Ed over at our sponsor Zoolert (see ad at top) for his help in getting the new server up and running!

John

I couldn't see any messages that were sent since the "change over". This was annoying but I dealt with it. ;) Now that I had some to play around I've found what the issue is. When sending a message BEFORE you hit send you have to look down the page & just left of center there's a tiny little check box that says save this message you need to check it for every message you send that you want to save.

This is not a critical statement here: Guys/Gals we are going to have to figure a lot of things out for ourselves & some things we are just going to have to live with. I say this because I now understand this is a site ran by just (2) people in their spare time & for the amount of traffic this forum & a couple of others get I'd say they have bitten off more than their share of responsibilities. Thanks John & other "unknown" Admin. I truly do appreciate your efforts.