• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help me understand

TTcrunchberry

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
TTcrunchberry wrote:
1) Why carry a firearm at all times?

2) Why open carry?
Only your BF can articulate these things for himself, but I'll share why I carry all the time.

I am the only person on the planet that is 100% responsible for my life and safety. Since I do not know when or where someone may try to harm me or those around me, I carry the most effective tool I know of to defend myself and others. I refuse to ever be a helpless victim!

I carry openly for a variety of reasons, and have nothing against cc when it seems best.

1. I can access my gun faster and with far better control
2. When other people see ordinary people, going armed in their daily life without threatening or harming others, they begin to lose the fear and prejudice that the PC and anti-gun propaganda has worked so hard to instill in them.
3. People who are interested can ask me questions about the gun and carrying. I am happy to stop and talk to them and offer printed information.

Not everyone is willing to go through all that, but the more of us who do, the fewer problems any of us will have carrying our self defense tools.

I have already had to shoot a man to save my life. If I had not been armed, right then and there, I would be dead. He was a stranger, not a stalker or X BF, and another could come along at any moment. Probably won't, but I can't count on it.

Here is the story of that encounter: http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/08/09/22/editor.htm

Bottom line: I REFUSE to be a victim.
I read your story and I wanted to commend you for learning your mistakes and not only admitting them but being open about them so others can learn from you. I admire your honesty and appriciate your post =)

TTcrunchberry

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Perhaps watching this video will help you understand why some of us are not comfortable being without our side arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

As has been mentioned, just because you don't see people carrying it doesn't mean that they don't. Concealed carry (CC) is what it is, concealed, out of sight.

Instead of asking your BF why he carries everyday, if you are considering carrying more than you do now, perhaps you could bring it up that you are. Then list off some of "your" reasons (some that we've supplied you here) and ask him what he thinks. If he agrees that your reasons are good ones, you'll know at least in part why he carries everyday.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. LOL

BTW, Welcome to OCDO. Hope you stick around. Your BF is welcome to come join us too.
I've watched this video, my boyfriend actually had me watch it and we watched a simular video of the same woman in my permit to carry class. I think she is an amazing woman and is very wise. Instead of hating/blaming guns she is logical. I think it is sad that the only reason she took her gun out of her pursue is because a gun in her purse would have been a felony...ok, a felony?! Wow...thanks for posting the video!!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TTcrunchberry wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Perhaps watching this video will help you understand why some of us are not comfortable being without our side arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

As has been mentioned, just because you don't see people carrying it doesn't mean that they don't. Concealed carry (CC) is what it is, concealed, out of sight.

Instead of asking your BF why he carries everyday, if you are considering carrying more than you do now, perhaps you could bring it up that you are. Then list off some of "your" reasons (some that we've supplied you here) and ask him what he thinks. If he agrees that your reasons are good ones, you'll know at least in part why he carries everyday.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. LOL

BTW, Welcome to OCDO. Hope you stick around. Your BF is welcome to come join us too.
I've watched this video, my boyfriend actually had me watch it and we watched a simular video of the same woman in my permit to carry class. I think she is an amazing woman and is very wise. Instead of hating/blaming guns she is logical. I think it is sad that the only reason she took her gun out of her pursue is because a gun in her purse would have been a felony...ok, a felony?! Wow...thanks for posting the video!!

Here's something you should study, to help you understand what your dealing with if you are confronted by an anti-gun person.

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

PistolPackingMama

imported post

I think everyone of us have a series of changes to go through regarding carrying. Some may carry simply because it is our right. Others may carry out of fear, knowing that there is an imminent threat to their lives. Many carry because they want to be able to protect their loved ones if the situation arises. Then there are others who carry for the prestige. There are a lot who carry for all the above. It all comes down to why YOU carry.
Something I have learned over the past 15 years of marriage is to simply trust my husband. When he purchased our handguns I was nervous. I cried the fist time I shot my Kahr.40cw. i cried through the entire first clip, but I kept at it and conquered my fear of the weapon. When he sent me to my CCW class I was petrified. Don't get me wrong, I like guns(I enjoy cleaning them too), but it is not natural to me to be the protector. It took me a while, but when my husbands says "just trust me" I can. I have had to learn that I am capable. It wasn't until I had an experience of someone trying to break in to my home. I had three little girls and I was 8 mo pregnant. I learned that I had what it took to protect. So when he informed me that i would be getting my CCW I didn't argue. I say all this to encourage you to just trust him. We don't always have to know "why". I realize I may be unique in this attitude and I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I am just saying, try it. Let him know that you don't understand completely, but that you trust him and leave it at that.

TTcrunchberry

imported post

PistolPackingMama wrote:
I think everyone of us have a series of changes to go through regarding carrying. Some may carry simply because it is our right. Others may carry out of fear, knowing that there is an imminent threat to their lives. Many carry because they want to be able to protect their loved ones if the situation arises. Then there are others who carry for the prestige. There are a lot who carry for all the above. It all comes down to why YOU carry.
Something I have learned over the past 15 years of marriage is to simply trust my husband. When he purchased our handguns I was nervous. I cried the fist time I shot my Kahr.40cw. i cried through the entire first clip, but I kept at it and conquered my fear of the weapon. When he sent me to my CCW class I was petrified. Don't get me wrong, I like guns(I enjoy cleaning them too), but it is not natural to me to be the protector. It took me a while, but when my husbands says "just trust me" I can. I have had to learn that I am capable. It wasn't until I had an experience of someone trying to break in to my home. I had three little girls and I was 8 mo pregnant. I learned that I had what it took to protect. So when he informed me that i would be getting my CCW I didn't argue. I say all this to encourage you to just trust him. We don't always have to know "why". I realize I may be unique in this attitude and I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I am just saying, try it. Let him know that you don't understand completely, but that you trust him and leave it at that.
At first, a few weeks ago, I only would carry when my boyfriend was carrying. I only have a hip holster so when I carry it HAS to be openly as my wardrope (and wide hips) don't really allow for me to simply slip a shirt over the top. At first I was really nervous and uncomfortable with it but last week I carried without my boyfriend to a couple different places. All pretty easy ones like to get gas and stuff but it's becomming a bit more comfortable. I get stared at alot and deffinately hear people around me whispering about it and have even been pointed at. Over the weekend a guy sarcasticly said "what, are ya gunna keep the peace?!" Now that I understand carrying (concealed and open) and am even starting to get comfortable with it (although I don't do it often...yet) I need to figure out how to handle the situation if someone approaches me and asks me questions about it. I have read some of the forums on here about that very topic and a lot of the suggested responses to people were really rude, sarcastic or jokes. I am totally the kind that wants to be as nice as possible and I don't feel like being rude is going to help anyone understand. There ARE people that ask just because they don't understand (I myself am proof of this) and I don't want to be rude and turn people off to the whole idea. When I posted this, had all of you guys been rude to me I don't know if I would be as comfortable with carrying as I am right now (even though I have some work to do still). So now the question is...how do you go about NICELY talking to people about why you carry?! I am a very analytical person and I want reasons and understanding for everything and I'm sure there are people out there like me so I want to be able to explain it to them without having to get diffensive. So...If anyone has some good ideas I'd like to hear 'em.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TTcrunchberry wrote:
So now the question is...how do you go about NICELY talking to people about why you carry?! I am a very analytical person and I want reasons and understanding for everything and I'm sure there are people out there like me so I want to be able to explain it to them without having to get diffensive. So...If anyone has some good ideas I'd like to hear 'em.
First and foremost for the defense of myself and my loved ones. All else is secondary.

Yata hey

AL Ranger

imported post

1. Why carry at all times? As you have already noticed, it gets easier as you do it more and it becomes second nature. You get armed just like you get dressed, put on your shoes or grab your purse. Plus, a gun on you can't be taken as easily as someone snatching a purse containing a gun. You need to get used to having the gun on you, get used to the weight and get used to moving without it poking you and rubbing you raw. You need to find out how to sit, which way to sit, walk and move while armed. Woman usually have a little harder time with than the men do. That's why it takes some time to find out all these things. The rule of thumb is: the day you decide NOT to carry is the day you will need it! People have been robbed or murdered at home because the gun was in another room. People have been assaulted on the streets because the gun was at home in a dresser. A gun on you, even at home, is always better than a gun in another room.

2. Why open carry? Crooks do not carry openly. We have nothing to hide. Just like law enforcement, we carry for positive reasons...defense of ourselves and others. People don't like the idea that comes with open carry. The idea is freedom...free to live your life, take charge of your life and handle any forces that may threaten you. People are divided into three groups: 1)You have the wolves (the predators or criminals) 2. You have the sheep (those who the wolves prey upon) who depend upon the sheepdogs for protection because they don't want to be bothered. These are the same people who walk by someone being mugged or raped.3. You have the sheepdogs (law enforcement and those who carry guns). You have decided to stop being a sheep and are now a sheepdog. You have greater power and responsibility. Sheepdogs have nothing to hide...we are here to protect the herd. We let the wolves see us and let them know we are here. Sheepdog are never without their claws and teeth. NEVER![/b]

If you get annoying questions about open carry, just smile, be polite and answer the questions, politely. People will be sarcastic about anything and open carry of firearms is just another topic. It often amazes me that the ones who say they are scared of guns, have no problem approaching someone with a gun to let them know what they think about them being carried openly. If they were really scared of someone with a gun, shouldn't they be running away in fear?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TTcrunchberry wrote:
So now the question is...how do you go about NICELY talking to people about why you carry?! I am a very analytical person and I want reasons and understanding for everything and I'm sure there are people out there like me so I want to be able to explain it to them without having to get diffensive. So...If anyone has some good ideas I'd like to hear 'em.

First thing you need to do is load up on facts. Those that you engage that seem more inquisative than hostile about your carrying are most likely been exposed to the myths of gun ownership and carry. You will need to be prepared to address those myths with facts to refute the myths. Here's a great source for this information.

http://www.gunfacts.info/download the PDF document and study it. It doesn't address OC but it does cover much about law abiding citizens carrying for self defense. You might share this link with those with queries (if they have internet)and let them do some research on their own.

Also take a look at the link I posted earlier about the mindset of anti-gunners and those that are anti-selfdefense. It will help you to know how to engage the more rabid people.

You are right in wanting to be polite with those that are just trying to understand. You know how the rudeness and sarcasm comes off. Always smile and be calm. This shows this inquisative that your are level headed. It just rips the propaganda that the Brady Campaign puts, out that gun toters are ignorant redneck idiots, to shreds.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
TTcrunchberry wrote:

First thing you need to do is load up on facts. Those that you engage that seem more inquisative than hostile about your carrying are most likely been exposed to the myths of gun ownership and carry. You will need to be prepared to address those myths with facts to refute the myths. Here's a great source for this information.

http://www.gunfacts.info/download the PDF document and study it. It doesn't address OC but it does cover much about law abiding citizens carrying for self defense. You might share this link with those with queries (if they have internet)and let them do some research on their own.

Also take a look at the link I posted earlier about the mindset of anti-gunners and those that are anti-selfdefense. It will help you to know how to engage the more rabid people.

You are right in wanting to be polite with those that are just trying to understand. You know how the rudeness and sarcasm comes off. Always smile and be calm. This shows this inquisative that your are level headed. It just rips the propaganda that the Brady Campaign puts, out that gun toters are ignorant redneck idiots, to shreds.
I wish I could rep you;)

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I'm gonna preface my response with a nice "tl;dr"

1) Why carry a firearm at all times?

Classic response: "because a cop won't fit in my pocket." Why do you have car insurance? Do you get in your car every day and think 'golly gee, I'm probably going to get rear-ended today, glad I have insurance!"

2) Why open carry?

Because I don't want to play $200+ for my RIGHT as a U.S. citizen to carry a gun.

TTcrunchberry

imported post

AL Ranger wrote:
[/b]
It often amazes me that the ones who say they are scared of guns, have no problem approaching someone with a gun to let them know what they think about them being carried openly. If they were really scared of someone with a gun, shouldn't they be running away in fear?
Ha, never thought of that way, good point!!

PistolPackingMama

imported post

I understand the issue of the wide hips. I conceal carry ALL the time unless we are in a state that has open carry or I am at home. The nice thing in our state they just changed the law of imprinting. Imprinting is no longer illegal so that has made my life easier. I wear tight shirts and jeans and my husband is surprised how well I conceal, big hips and all. It took me a couple months to find my happy medium. I carry a Kahr. 40CW. I have a belly belt and it's nice, holds it real tight to my rib cage. Being large busted I can hide the grip. Also, patterned shirts hide imprint wonderfully.

Packer fan

imported post

TTcrunchberry wrote:
AL Ranger wrote:
[/b]
It often amazes me that the ones who say they are scared of guns, have no problem approaching someone with a gun to let them know what they think about them being carried openly. If they were really scared  of someone with a gun, shouldn't they be running away in fear?
Ha, never thought of that way, good point!!

You are right. Good answer, you can't be that afraid if you are talking to me. You approached me not me you.

TTcrunchberry

imported post

PistolPackingMama wrote:
I understand the issue of the wide hips. I conceal carry ALL the time unless we are in a state that has open carry or I am at home. The nice thing in our state they just changed the law of imprinting. Imprinting is no longer illegal so that has made my life easier. I wear tight shirts and jeans and my husband is surprised how well I conceal, big hips and all. It took me a couple months to find my happy medium. I carry a Kahr. 40CW. I have a belly belt and it's nice, holds it real tight to my rib cage. Being large busted I can hide the grip. Also, patterned shirts hide imprint wonderfully.
Imprint I assume is being able to see the outline of the gun through clothes? Sorry I'm a little new at the lingo =) Yeah I want to order an inside the waistband holster to help conceal cause I think I'd be more comfortable that way. I have a full size Beretta M9 and the holster I have, between the holster itself and my big hips, sticks out pretty far. At least two to three inches and it's a full size so the grip would be so obvious under clothes. In Minnesota you can carry concealed or open with a permit...

AL Ranger

imported post

You are correct. Printing or imprinting is the term used to see the form of the gun on the material surrounding it that reads like a neon sign saying "GUN!" to anyone who sees it. The idea of true concealment is to get away from anything (holster, size of gun, clothing, etc.) that will reveal the gun. It's all a matter of trial and error, body type and proper selection. Best of luck.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Crunchberry seems to be quite the drama queen. Why do any of us carry? It varies... but mostly it's a comfort. I don't care what 'other people' think. Victims are victims for lack of a gun or the meansdefend themselves. Some wouldn't anyway... You need it when you need it. Telling yourself it's excessive is being in irresponsibledenial. But, some people stay in that condition. (Look how they vote.)

My wife's a big fan of 'Forensic Files'. In nearly every incident... if the victim had a gun to defend themselves,they wouldn't have been a victim. It's THAT obvious.

crisisweasel

imported post

I can only imagine this scenario:

I a gun owner, with a gun collection, of sound mind, fairly reasonable temperament and judgment, find myself in one of those public spree situations in a McDonalds or somewhere like that.

Around me lie the bodies of victims. Maybe it's strangers, but even so, maybe women and children or maybe people I know and love.

And for the rest of my life, I will be haunted by the fact that had I simply put on my holster in the morning, I could have stopped it. That my unease at breaking social conventions, or not wanting to be "thought of as a gun guy," or just laziness, led me to be helpless in that random act of violence.

This thought keeps me up nights.

It is often asked of us by our opponents (well, we're more "accused" and "smeared" this way than "asked") - "Why do you live in fear?"

It is more like the ant and grasshopper, and we're ants.

It is a sober acceptance of the fact that while most people in this world are civilized, all it takes is one guy who's taken too much in his life and snapped - or one person who is simply caustically evil, to rain down violence on the innocent. This can happen in gated communities. It can happen at the drive through or the bank. Or outside your child's school. We see this on the news all the time.

And so we prepare, never actually expecting this to really occur, but rationally telling ourselves, "it could, and how would you feel, if you could have possibly stopped it - you with the gun, safely locked up at home - and didn't."

All of the kind of weird uncomfortable, "sheesh it's weird to carry a gun around everywhere...now I'm one of THOSE people" hesitations, or the "everyone looks at me uneasily" issue, or simply refusing to deal with the inconvenience of carrying a pistol, will seem, I suspect, in the wake of such an event, to be absurd reasons not to carry. Stupid. Baseless.

Our opponents want to believe we're paranoid vigilantes, believing the world is, at any moment, about to gang up on us in some way. Or that we're "playing policeman" or "sojer" or "minuteman." The fringes of the gun movement certainly feed this stereotype but really, I have found, those who carry regularly feel some responsibility for what happens in the world. We carry civilization in our hearts and minds.

It is, in fact, the demented crazies that we carry guns to protect ourselves against: the short tempered, the weak minded, the cold hearted. We know they're out there. We hope we will never find ourselves in close proximity. We hope the police will deal with the situation, because any of us who have gone through any kind of training know the psychological and legal devastation even a justified shooting can lead to. I look at the prospect of ever having to draw my weapon with honest dread and loathing. I look at the prospect of being gunned down, or seeing others gunned down...with more.

I think sometimes when we say "god forbid" something should happen, people think we're only going through an obligatory song and dance about this. I can only speak for myself, but I really mean it: I'm not the kind of guy who's going to be "okay" with shooting someone in self defense. I'm way too introverted and philosophical to dismiss that mathematically: "It was either him or me." It's going to hurt. I just know it'd hurt more to not take necessary action. I know for a fact this is true.

We have decided in advance that someone, somewhere, may have to hold the line against the darkness, in defense of ourselves or our loved ones or even perfect strangers. And we are stepping up to do so. Not necessarily because we're swell guys (I like to think many of us are). Not even because of chivalry (I like to think this is also important to many or most of us).

But because the alternative is simply unacceptable. Unpalatable. Nauseating. Not an option at all.

For me, at least, there is no bravado. There is not even fear of anomie or a sense of foreboding about the world.

There is wariness. And weariness - of the extremes that life can push even normal men toward. Resignation, that for every person who commits a crime out of desperation, there is also cold, malevolent evil in the world.

And some of us pray we never find ourselves staring it down. But we are also damned sure we're not just going to roll over and let it have its way with us should we find ourselves staring into its gaping maw.

I'm not going to, at any rate.

Open or concealed is a different issue, but the reason we carry, is because we've decided to make a stand, should the situation ever occur. Because we really have no choice.

I said "we" a lot here. Maybe all the "we"s should be "I"s but I can't be the only one.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TTcrunchberry wrote: ...My boyfriend carries EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME and when he carries it tends to be openly. When I ask him to explain to me a) why he carries ALL the time and b) why he open carries, he just gets diffensive and feels like I'm saying he shouldn't...

A lot has been written since you asked your initial questions. Have they been answered, and/or do you have more?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

crisisweasel wrote:
I can only imagine this scenario:

I a gun owner, with a gun collection, of sound mind, fairly reasonable temperament and judgment, find myself in one of those public spree situations in a McDonalds or somewhere like that.

Around me lie the bodies of victims. Maybe it's strangers, but even so, maybe women and children or maybe people I know and love.

And for the rest of my life, I will be haunted by the fact that had I simply put on my holster in the morning, I could have stopped it. That my unease at breaking social conventions, or not wanting to be "thought of as a gun guy," or just laziness, led me to be helpless in that random act of violence.

This thought keeps me up nights.

It is often asked of us by our opponents (well, we're more "accused" and "smeared" this way than "asked") - "Why do you live in fear?"

It is more like the ant and grasshopper, and we're ants.

It is a sober acceptance of the fact that while most people in this world are civilized, all it takes is one guy who's taken too much in his life and snapped - or one person who is simply caustically evil, to rain down violence on the innocent. This can happen in gated communities. It can happen at the drive through or the bank. Or outside your child's school. We see this on the news all the time.

And so we prepare, never actually expecting this to really occur, but rationally telling ourselves, "it could, and how would you feel, if you could have possibly stopped it - you with the gun, safely locked up at home - and didn't."

All of the kind of weird uncomfortable, "sheesh it's weird to carry a gun around everywhere...now I'm one of THOSE people" hesitations, or the "everyone looks at me uneasily" issue, or simply refusing to deal with the inconvenience of carrying a pistol, will seem, I suspect, in the wake of such an event, to be absurd reasons not to carry. Stupid. Baseless.

Our opponents want to believe we're paranoid vigilantes, believing the world is, at any moment, about to gang up on us in some way. Or that we're "playing policeman" or "sojer" or "minuteman." The fringes of the gun movement certainly feed this stereotype but really, I have found, those who carry regularly feel some responsibility for what happens in the world. We carry civilization in our hearts and minds.

It is, in fact, the demented crazies that we carry guns to protect ourselves against: the short tempered, the weak minded, the cold hearted. We know they're out there. We hope we will never find ourselves in close proximity. We hope the police will deal with the situation, because any of us who have gone through any kind of training know the psychological and legal devastation even a justified shooting can lead to. I look at the prospect of ever having to draw my weapon with honest dread and loathing. I look at the prospect of being gunned down, or seeing others gunned down...with more.

I think sometimes when we say "god forbid" something should happen, people think we're only going through an obligatory song and dance about this. I can only speak for myself, but I really mean it: I'm not the kind of guy who's going to be "okay" with shooting someone in self defense. I'm way too introverted and philosophical to dismiss that mathematically: "It was either him or me." It's going to hurt. I just know it'd hurt more to not take necessary action. I know for a fact this is true.

We have decided in advance that someone, somewhere, may have to hold the line against the darkness, in defense of ourselves or our loved ones or even perfect strangers. And we are stepping up to do so. Not necessarily because we're swell guys (I like to think many of us are). Not even because of chivalry (I like to think this is also important to many or most of us).

But because the alternative is simply unacceptable. Unpalatable. Nauseating. Not an option at all.

For me, at least, there is no bravado. There is not even fear of anomie or a sense of foreboding about the world.

There is wariness. And weariness - of the extremes that life can push even normal men toward. Resignation, that for every person who commits a crime out of desperation, there is also cold, malevolent evil in the world.

And some of us pray we never find ourselves staring it down. But we are also damned sure we're not just going to roll over and let it have its way with us should we find ourselves staring into its gaping maw.

I'm not going to, at any rate.

Open or concealed is a different issue, but the reason we carry, is because we've decided to make a stand, should the situation ever occur. Because we really have no choice.

I said "we" a lot here. Maybe all the "we"s should be "I"s but I can't be the only one.

Extremely well thought out and articulated. +1

Yata hey

TTcrunchberry

imported post

So I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but I didn't want to start a new topic. I've been openly carrying here and there every once in awhile trying to get more comfortable with the whole thing but for the most part I carry with my boyfriend. I have carried alone but only to get gas and small stuff like that. Well, today I open carried in Wal-Mart and it was just my daughter and I. When I first walked in, a guy collecting carts stopped dead in his tracks and watched me choose a cart and put my purse and daughter in it. Then he followed me through the store for a little bit. I got nervous thinking he would confront me or call the police (even though I know I wasn't breaking any laws). I noticed a lot of people staring, a few women, a couple of younger kids, but mostly guys. Of the guys that were staring, most tended to be older. I got some dirty looks but mostly staring and some people actually left the isle I was in or moved further away from me. I started feeling really self-conscious and got my stuff really fast and got out of there. It really made me feel like a) people were really uncomfortable with it and/or b) maybe it's a sexist thing. My boyfriend knows some guys that think that women cannot be trusted with guns or wouldn't be able to properly use one in a self defense situation or that a woman simply can't handle all the grief that comes with carrying. So I am posting this to ask if that crap really happens?! I think I know the answer but it absolutely makes my blood boil to know that my boyfriend can walk into the same store openly carrying and not get noticed but I walk in and the store stops. Yes, I have female parts but that doesn't make me less able to defend myself or give me less of a right to do it. If anything I think women should be the majority of carriers because we are easy targets.

Please don't post anything if you are against women with guns or anything. I'd like to hear from other women here...have any of you experiences people being sexist about you carrying?

The only thing that made me not turn around and just leave is I kept repeating in my head "I'm doing this because I am taking responsibility for me and my daughter's safety." Maybe I shouldn't care at all or be bothered by this but I can't help but still be a little nervous and uncomfortable when I carry and especially when I carry by myself. Thanks in advance for your feedback!!