• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's one I went through. Opinions please.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

I love Pitbulls (and mix breed pits)! They are the greatest dogs, ever.:monkey

wally1120

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
I have to agree with you on this one, But you have to be careful eventually they will "snap" and freek out and start biting everyone in there view:lol:

Hombre

Banned
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
I have to agree with you on this one, But you have to be careful eventually they will "snap" and freek out and start biting everyone in there view:lol:
I don't think it's the breed. It's the owner for sure. The breed is generally very gentle and loyal. The ones that kill babies and stuff were abused by their owners. It's a proven fact.
I'll find a link to back up what I'm saying. There's been studies on this whole Pitbull stuff.

wally1120

imported post

Hey, I was just joking about the Pitbulls going nuts. I have 3 of them, And I fully trust that they arent`t going to freek out and go biting people. And I haven`t seen a gun that just started shooting someone by itself, I am glad my gun isn`t capable of this.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Hey, I was just joking about the Pitbulls going nuts. I have 3 of them, And I fully trust that they arent`t going to freek out and go biting people. And I haven`t seen a gun that just started shooting someone by itself, I am glad my gun isn`t capable of this.
Oh. OK. I'm pretty defensive about pits. They get a bad rap from alot of people.The cops are always shooting them too. It's sad.

wally1120

imported post

I don`t believe in all of this pitbull shit either, People would call a little weiner dog a Pit if it was to bite someone. But people are just to stupid they just blame a breed of dog, But the dog isn`t the breed they claim it is.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

T Vance wrote:
I've been around a wide variety of dogs throughout my life. I've been attacked and biten by 3 dogs. Two of them were Shiz Tzu's, and the other was a Brittany Spaniel. I've never felt threatened by any Pitbull's I've come across.

Granted, they can do more damage if they do attack, but that goes for any larger breed.

Wally just reminded me, my Aun't Dachshund was pretty vicious. He would show his teeth at me often, but would always end up running away. Still, I never felt 100% comfortable around him.
If I was ever forced to shoot a pit, I'd want a 12 gauge with a slug. I think if you just had a hand gun you'd still get messed up before you could stop the dog.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

There's no such thing as overkill if it keeps me safe. Pits are tough.

wally1120

imported post

I know Pits are strong, I have a red nose that is about 70 pounds. And she likes to go out side and swing around on a tire in the back yard. But I personally believe a 12 gauge for a dog is a it much.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I know Pits are strong, I have a red nose that is about 70 pounds. And she likes to go out side and swing around on a tire in the back yard. But I personally believe a 12 gauge for a dog is a it much.
I would want that 1 oz. slug to stop the dog immediately. Handguns just don't have that kind of power.

G

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
The cops are always shooting them too. It's sad.
And trolling, and trolling, and trolling, and trolling...

PDinDetroit

imported post

Back on the topic at hand....

I think you did well. Your SA was working well and getting out of the car would probably escalated the situation. I believe that having the gun in your hand ready to go indicated you went to Condition Orange/Red, which was well justified. Just glad to know you did not have to fire...

G

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
Back on the topic at hand....
You didn't mention any dogs. I thought this was an OC DOG thread.:shock:

Bailenforcer

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
You are either uneducated on this matter or watch way too much television (no offense) because the statistics prove your statement completely untrue.

The media plays a little game with Pit Bull attacks. It takes a comparision between 500,000 Pit Bulls and 100 Dalmations and says see there are more Pit Bulls that bite. Now an idiot can see through that game, but the media won't tell you it skewed the numbers right out of the starting gate. Then you add in that the thugs, Gang Bangers, Drug Dealers, and Ghetto scum line breed these dogs (line breed means sister and brother or first cousins) which again any idiot knows line breeding of even humans brings insanity and all kinds of terrible mutations and results. Add in the horrific abuse of the Pit Bulls by the animals in large cities like Detroit wher they are literally starved to death, beaten daily for no reason and typical Michael Vick treatment of the breed and fighting them too boot, you have terrible circumstances. Now in a couple studies where exact numbers of each breed were compared guess what the Pit Bull came in "number 27" despite the line breeding, abuse and the assbags who own them. Number one is the Chow for unprovoked attacks according to the American Humane society. Dalmations battle for the number two spot depending on the year. Yet people think these are wonderful dogs.

Hold on to your seat, but the most loved dog the Labrador Retriever is also a frequent attacker of humans and ready for this? The most often attack CHILDREN!

If you want to be a dupe of the Media and Hollywood it's fine but don't tell people a untruth, as it destroys your credibility.

Here's a closing thought.

in the 1960's the Media made the German Shepard it's dog of choice to smear.

In the 1970's it became the Doberman Pincher.

In the 1980's the Movie named "The Omen" showed a grave yard Rottweiler attack and guess what, the Media attacked the rotty's for a decade and the 1990's the Media focused on the Pitt Bull.

Now the Media is starting to attack the Bull Mastiff and related breeds.

Just because the Media and Hollywood says it happens means nothing.

You should know if anyone does they also attacked gun owners for the last 50 years with horror stories on page 1 of the news and the retractions (truth) are done on page 21B burried in the wants ads.

Remember Peaty the dog on the Little Rascals? Yes it was a Pit Bull and before the 1990's there was no problem with pit bulls till they became popular with Gangs, thugs and drug dealers.

How do I know this? I trained dogs for almost 40 years. First as a hobby then business and now a hobby again. The Pit Bull is the Most loyal breed I have evern worked with, second maybe to the German Shepard...Maybe..