• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's one I went through. Opinions please.

Bailenforcer

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:
Back on the topic at hand....
You didn't mention any dogs. I thought this was an OC DOG thread.:shock:
It became a dog show lol, well at least those non members now realize we are not just gun freaks, we are in fact just like anyone else and like our dogs and treat them well....

Bailenforcer

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I've been around a wide variety of dogs throughout my life. I've been attacked and biten by 3 dogs. Two of them were Shiz Tzu's, and the other was a Brittany Spaniel. I've never felt threatened by any Pitbull's I've come across.

Granted, they can do more damage if they do attack, but that goes for any larger breed.

Wally just reminded me, my Aun't Dachshund was pretty vicious. He would show his teeth at me often, but would always end up running away. Still, I never felt 100% comfortable around him.
While training dogs in the late 70's and 80's it was the street rumor that feeding dogs gun powder would make the agressive. Seriously no kidding.

I was Mauled yes Mauled by a Labrador Retreiver almost to death when I was a child, the mail man found me unconcious from blood loss and the massive trauma.

When training I had been attacked several times by "gun Powder" dogs. Once to the point I was laid up for 3 months with massive trauma to my arms and chest. It was a German Shepard.

I was badly bitten by another German Shepard.

I was attacked and bitten by an Airdale once who was a beats to stop. He was bent on doing me harm.

Countless times I was bitten by lap dogs like Pomeranians Poodles and the like.

I have been around countless Pits and even some people might consider violent and all of them I was able to take control over with no violence. I have lived with Pits and never a problem. I am the Alpha male and they respect me and are the most loyal dogs, they would die to protect me. To rate them let's put it this way, if I could only have one dog, it would be a tough choice between a Pit Bull and German Shepard Schutzhund.

Bailenforcer

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
I love Pitbulls (and mix breed pits)! They are the greatest dogs, ever.:monkey
I have to agree with you on this one, But you have to be careful eventually they will "snap" and freek out and start biting everyone in there view:lol:
You are either uneducated on this matter or watch way too much television (no offense) because the statistics prove your statement completely untrue.
Wally was kidding. He has several pitbulls himself...
Ah ok I didn't see the grin on his face point taken.

Bailenforcer

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
Sorry, I should have put something to lighten the mood. But I do have 3 pitbulls, And the are very good, Non vicious dogs.
well good I will put you back on my Christmas list...:D

James_Liv_Co

imported post

I had a old Black Lab mix that i adopted that bit me one time. Hard.

So I bit her back.

After that, she knew who was the master, and was the best dog ever.

wally1120

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
Sorry, I should have put something to lighten the mood. But I do have 3 pitbulls, And the are very good, Non vicious dogs.
well good I will put you back on my Christmas list...:D
Thank you, I love christmas. :lol:

I will get some pics of my Pits that I have.

OH, Armed American Radio (AAR) is talking about OC Tonight on the show, If you want to listen to it, Go to aar.com

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

James_Liv_Co wrote:

So I bit her back.

I had to really laugh out loud when I read that. When I was little (4), my aunt had a scotty that was MEAN! The thing latched onto my arm one summer day, so, I did the first thing that came to my 4 year old mind. I bit the dog back! My aunt came to my mother complaining:banghead::question:, mom told her to, uh um, get lost. Still chuckling after all these years. Scotty= pain in the arm;).springerdave.
ps olny dogs I have ever been bitten by were those little nippers, chihuahua(sp?)small mutt and that scotty.

7th District

imported post

manicdevery wrote:
i thought this was a topic on posting pics of our vicious animals. when did all the pics quit being posted.
Okay. :D

Here isthe newest boxer to joinour family. Her originalfamily could no-longerkeep her, and they heard about us owning boxers through the grapevine. So we were very lucky to get a chance to adopt her from them. She's a great dog.

Ging4.jpg

Ging1.jpg

Ging6.jpg

Killer1306

imported post

T Vance wrote:

The diffrent colored eyes are to be good luck. I think it is native american lore. They supposidlt let the dog see into the spirit world and can gard you on multi demensions. Persionly i think they look wicked cool and would always pick a dog that had diffrent colored eyes!

wally1120

imported post

I hope you don`t believe in that American Lore do you? But I agree a Dog with a different colored eyes are cooler then hell, Especially BB.

Killer1306

imported post

i like to belive there is truth in a lot of diffrent religions and cultures (some are not easly seperateble) i think they might be good luck, every dog that i have met that have diffrent colored eyes are the frendlyist niceist dogs that like to hang around you.

i have only ben biten by one dog i dont know the breed. it bit my face i have 2 scars on my forhead and one on my eye lid it pulled and i distinctly remember the neat feeling of air under my skin. at least thats what it felt like. it did not hurt it was just sudden. i dont hold it against the dog. it was wareing a choke chain and did not like people touching it (did not know at the time). i accidently hit it when peting the dog. i think the choke chain may have been overused causeing the dog to think every time you touch the chain it was going to get choked.

pit bulls do have a horrid rap but they are good dogs any dog would seem bad with a bad owner. there should ba a training corse for basic dog care avaliable like there is for gun safty

Taurus850CIA

imported post

James_Liv_Co wrote:

So I bit her back.

LOL! I did the same thing to my lab/shepherd mix. He was young when he did it, and you should have seen the look of surprise on his face! He never bit me again, though. It's effective!