• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi-Point

Hi-Point 9mm

• Good Gift

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horrible Girft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wiz

imported post

office888 wrote:
For the same price, or even cheaper, you can get him a pistol that's guaranteed to be reliable. I think I'd probably buy him a Tokarev TT33, or a FEG PA63. Both are reliable, they're military guns after all. The TT33 is also obscenely cheap to shoot. Bulk ammo is cheap, you can get 1200 rounds of ammo for about $125. FEG PA63 was made in both 380, and 9x18 Makarov. Both are easy to find, although 380 is obviously easier.

Just throwing these ideas out there.

Friend of mine had a Hipoint, and he had nothing but problems with it. Sure, you can't beat their warranty. But you gotta wonder, will the gun fail when I need it most?

-Richard-
Yeah, I wonder who THAT friend was.

:lol:

Go for a different gun mate, the Hi Points ain't worth the trouble. The first time you field strip that thing and realize how the slide is held on you realize something is wrong.

eastmeyers

imported post

Okay so now I can't find one! I just called about 30 different suppliers strait from the Hi Point web site and no one has them in stock! And only one place is lists them for what Hi Point says they cost. This is BS. I am not a happy camper. Anyone knows how to get one let me know. Thanks again.

God Bless

SpringerXDacp

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
Okay so now I can't find one! I just called about 30 different suppliers strait from the Hi Point web site and no one has them in stock! And only one place is lists them for what Hi Point says they cost. This is BS. I am not a happy camper. Anyone knows how to get one let me know. Thanks again.

God Bless

Bud's have them in 380, 9, 40 and 45

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_268

eastmeyers

imported post

How about someplace I can just go buy one? I don't wanna pay a million dollars to someone just so I can pick something up that was mailed to me at their address. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with? I dunno. I do think everyone here for their help and input, i'm just upset that it doesn't seem like i'm going to be able to fallow thru with my plan do to stock, and up-pricing.

God Bless

Zukirider

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Any gun as a gift is a GOOD GIFT! I don't care what kind it is.
I gave my best friend a 870 combo for a wedding gift, since i didnt think his wife would like it much i bought her a toaster:monkey:celebrate

Taurus850CIA

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:

God Bless
That ought to tell you something right there. My first pistol was the .45 JHP. I still have it, and it still goes bang every time I pull the trigger. It has fed ball ammo absolutely flawlessly. I have yet to find a hollowpoint that feeds reliably in it, though. I carried it for quite some time in an IWB holster in the right kidney position. I finally found an OWB holster that it fit in at Bass Pro. It was the biggest one that Uncle Mike's made for a 5 inch auto. Really not high quality stuff, but it worked.
As for the pistol, I like it. I don't think you can go wrong, even though it sorta looks like a cordless drill.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:

God Bless
That ought to tell you something right there. My first pistol was the .45 JHP. I still have it, and it still goes bang every time I pull the trigger. It has fed ball ammo absolutely flawlessly. I have yet to find a hollowpoint that feeds reliably in it, though. I carried it for quite some time in an IWB holster in the right kidney position. I finally found an OWB holster that it fit in at Bass Pro. It was the biggest one that Uncle Mike's made for a 5 inch auto. Really not high quality stuff, but it worked.
As for the pistol, I like it. I don't think you can go wrong, even though it sorta looks like a cordless drill.
LOL I looked at a Hi-Point last December at the Gibralter Gun Show and thing looks like you could shoot 50 BMG out of it. :lol:

dukenukum

imported post

I have never had trouble with my HI-POINTS I own two and am looking at a third they just plain work, but I warn you they are addictive and there customer service rules the universe. the gun in my avatar is a HI-POINT JHP .45 auto.

1245A Defender

imported post

you can get a PA-63 for 140$ thru CDNN sports inc. 9x18 makarov,,, cheaper and better than hi-point,,, holsters that fit,,, relyability you can count on.
only drawback is self defence ammo,, i dont know why this isnt offered in JHP!

sevenplusone

imported post

My recommendation is always to think about what it will be used for and then make the decision on what to get.

Sounds to me like at least for the time being he won't be carrying much if at all. If that is the case, he needs a good shotgun. If one is attempting to secure their home, and rightfully so as that is the first place you should feel secure, a good shotgun is always the starting point. Until he gets a CPL and can carry everywhere open or otherwise a shotgun will do a lot more for him. If you're going to an event together loan him a handgun. If he starts to get serious about handgunning and carrying, let him decide what type of gun he would want to have and to carry. There are few things more personal and intimate than a carry sidearm. Just my opinion of course and it's worth everything you paid for it.

1245A Defender wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
It is Hornady XTP... I carry them in my CZ 82
thanks for that info,,, i didnt know,, with that in mind,, im gonna do some shopping and get a makarov to add to my eclectic collection of guns!:celebrate:celebrate
It's a whole other discussion/thread, but in a low power round like that I personally would want penetration first and everything else comes second. I'd just stick with a hot FMJ. To each their own.