• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

highpoint firearms

FreeInAZ

IMO I wouldn't call that accurate at 7 yard slow fire.

Hey David we probably shoot at the same place ...SGC? Any way post any targets you can that define accurate shooting at pistol combat range, that you have shot. I would like to think in real combat I could atleast put the lead near where it needed to be. But hey who knows, I shoot better than most people I know but you may be a super marksman. Cool. Point being I have much more expensive pistols, that are no more accurate than a hi-point. For a sub $200 pistol - I know them to be worth every penny. :D

JustaShooter

post any targets you can that define accurate shooting at pistol combat range, that you have shot. I would like to think in real combat I could atleast put the lead near where it needed to be. But hey who knows, I shoot better than most people I know but you may be a super marksman. Cool.

Pretty amazing how many internet marksmen there are, isn't it? On another forum I follow there's a fella who decries the poor state or marksmanship in general and claims to shoot 1 ragged hole 10-shot groups with his sidearm you can cover with a half dollar at 50', and occasionally opens them up to silver dollar size. Now, I've never shot handgun in competition, but that's gotta be world-class shooting, right? Still haven't see a target of his, though... :rolleyes:

Tackett

I can hit a bouncy range ball a couple times when I fire at it. Then I get excited that I hit what I was aiming at.

How's that for some marksmaships??

ramkatral

Hey David we probably shoot at the same place ...SGC? Any way post any targets you can that define accurate shooting at pistol combat range, that you have shot. I would like to think in real combat I could atleast put the lead near where it needed to be. But hey who knows, I shoot better than most people I know but you may be a super marksman. Cool. Point being I have much more expensive pistols, that are no more accurate than a hi-point. For a sub $200 pistol - I know them to be worth every penny. :D

You're correct. I've seen my fair share of real life gun fights, and I've used my side arm on occasion. Every instance where either myself or squad mare used his sidearm was no more than maybe 15 yards tops, and it doesn't mean **** if the bullets shoot a cloverleaf hole or a 5 inch group. At that range, a hit is a hit, and the "smiley face" group shows me it's perfectly adequate to be lethal in a gun fight. You always gotta have the ones who are a super marksman ninja. Most of them have never drawn on and fired on a real hostile target. Ever.

FreeInAZ

How is that even close to a smiley face?

I intentionally shot a smiley face in between the eyes of the smiley face target you can buy at Scottsdale gun club David. If you look closer you can see I also shot one of the eyes of the smiley out & just missed the other one (cute girl came into the lane next me .... I got distracted) man, I know you're a super shot but geesh, cut me a little slack. The point is The JHP's I own are very acurrate even with a novice like me behind the trigger. ;)

The holes below were shot at 50 ft rapid fire with a 14 rd. hi-cap mag (to test function). Also shot 3inch x 3inch stickies to test feeding @ 21 feet. It liked the WWB PD HP's. Let's go shooting David. I live fairly close to you. I'm sure you can teach me to be a better shot. ;)

4u2a8u7e.jpg

6eva2u9y.jpg

7evegy2y.jpg

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Hi Pat. The Hi-Point is a well made gun @ a affordable price. I can shoot smiley's with my JHP 45's. Many of the people who bash them know little to nothing about them. I have owned them (and many other much more expensive pistols for years.) Please take a moment a skim through this thread started as a joke. The OP is now looking at buying a HP. :)
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113790

byge8aqe.jpg

I agree, check out this thread. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113790

ramkatral

I intentionally shot a smiley face in between the eyes of the smiley face target you can buy at Scottsdale gun club David. If you look closer you can see I also shot one of the eyes of the smiley out & just missed the other one (cute girl came into the lane next me .... I got distracted) man, I know you're a super shot but geesh, cut me a little slack. The point is The JHP's I own are very acurrate even with a novice like me behind the trigger. ;)

The holes below were shot at 50 ft rapid fire with a 14 rd. hi-cap mag (to test function). Also shot 3inch x 3inch stickies to test feeding @ 21 feet. It liked the WWB PD HP's. Let's go shooting David. I live fairly close to you. I'm sure you can teach me to be a better shot. ;)

4u2a8u7e.jpg

6eva2u9y.jpg

7evegy2y.jpg

That's not too shabby if you ask me. :thumbup:

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Thanks - they may not be the best looking firearms out there, and they aren't the most expensive, but they are affordable, reliable, guns built pretty well while keeping costs down to customers. I own many of them & they all go bang, when the trigger is squeezed, putting lead on target very accurately :D In the lower priced end of the gun market they are the best, hands down in my opinion.

Logan 5

The carbines are good, I love them myself. Clips are interchangeable with the pistols of same calibers.
I had a .45 acp. Accuracy was horrible. It was like holding a brick. Only good thing about it is if shooting it doesn't scare off the perp, it's heavy enough you can throw it at them and inflict some serious damage to the perp.

Mattimusmaximus

The carbines are good, I love them myself. Clips are interchangeable with the pistols of same calibers.
I had a .45 acp. Accuracy was horrible. It was like holding a brick. Only good thing about it is if shooting it doesn't scare off the perp, it's heavy enough you can throw it at them and inflict some serious damage to the perp.

So the .45 hi point carbine good buy or should I pass? In your opinion?

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Logan 5

Oh man...that's your call. Really. Find someone that has one, buy the ammo and go plinking with them. You may like it and you may not.

What I don't like is also what I do like- the interchangeability of the clips. So you'll be restricted for clip size. IIRC about 10 rounds. I found the sights sucked, so I used a scope. I liked the 9mm, had decent range, good accuracy with the scope, great for plinking, but hunting is restricted because it's a 9mm. .45 is good, has knockdown power, range is less than a 9mm, so it'll have it's draw backs.

FreeInAZ

So the .45 hi point carbine good buy or should I pass? In your opinion?

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Maybe I'm just that lucky guy? I do know all blow-back guns do not like to be limp wristed. I own (3) of the JHP (45acp) they are all very, very, accurate! I also own a 4595TS (45 carbine) it is even more accurate. The pistols & carbines are mechanically almost identical. Only major difference is tapped bolt for charging handle, and longer barrel. I have a 40 cal pistol/carbine combo on order too. To me they are well worth every penny. :cool:

ETA-
Matt - the scoped (green dot) 45 carbine I own is capable of sub 3" groups @ 100 yards trying hard with WWB plinking ammo. Carbines as a general rule in pistol caliber are good for about 150 yards max. However check out iraqvet8888 youtube channel, they were able to hit a smaller bullet trap @ 300 yards.

Also pro-mag makes a 14rd mag (45acp) that functions great in the hi-point carbine & pistol.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_CcxnI8VcQ

Last edited:

Mattimusmaximus

Maybe I'm just that lucky guy? I do know all blow-back guns do not like to be limp wristed. I own (3) of the JHP (45acp) they are all very, very, accurate! I also own a 4595TS (45 carbine) it is even more accurate. The pistols & carbines are mechanically almost identical. Only major difference is tapped bolt for charging handle, and longer barrel. I have a 40 cal pistol/carbine combo on order too. To me they are well worth every penny. :cool:

ETA-
Matt - the scoped (green dot) 45 carbine I own is capable of sub 3" groups @ 100 yards trying hard with WWB plinking ammo. Carbines as a general rule in pistol caliber are good for about 150 yards max. However check out iraqvet8888 youtube channel, they were able to hit a smaller bullet trap @ 300 yards.

Also pro-mag makes a 14rd mag (45acp) that functions great in the hi-point carbine & pistol.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_CcxnI8VcQ

Thank you very much for all the info and te video

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

FreeInAZ

Anytime Matt. Hi-Points seem to be a love'm or hate'm deal for some folks. I'm not one. They are good guns at a good price. Would I carry one all the time given other choices? Probably not. They are bulky. However if I'm going into the rough & tumble they are my first choice for carry. Why? Drop a $2,000 to a "skies the limit" custom 45acp down a cliff or into a large body of water you are most likely crying for a while. With the Hi-Point you simply pick up the broken parts and ship it to Hi-Point. If they can't fix it, they'll send you a new one. :cool:

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I've never had a Hi-point handgun, but I l love my 9mm carbine. I shoot steel case Herter ammo no problem. I'm not sure about having a handgun for EDC, but better to have something.

junglebob

Thanks - they may not be the best looking firearms out there, and they aren't the most expensive, but they are affordable, reliable, guns built pretty well while keeping costs down to customers. I own many of them & they all go bang, when the trigger is squeezed, putting lead on target very accurately :D In the lower priced end of the gun market they are the best, hands down in my opinion.

I've got 2 c9 9mm Hi-points the first one I got I had some feeding problems with. I sent it to the factory and they fixed it for free and sent it back with a free magazine. He send one no problems after maybe 200 round break in. I took it to a 4 day Front Sight training course, after that I realized what a pain the safety is to work when doing timed fire from the holster. I don't like the idea of having to work a safety like that in a self defense situation. I fired about 600 rounds from it. I keep one in a safe in the bedroom for emergency use, loaded with the safety off.

I plan on getting a Glock for carry, but I've got a little time as Illinois CCW's won't start to be issued til spring of 2014.

Don't believe some of the bs you read about the Hi-point. I got a real kick out of the "truth about guns" websites test of the C9. Maybe the guy is just a terrible shot, more likely he just hates inexpensive guns, as I can shoot better at 15 yards than he does at 3 yards with a C9. Of course maybe he closed his eyes.

hmbiohazard

my girlfriend got a hi point c9 9mm used for $119. it does jam or misfeed quite a bit. we are going to get in touch with hi point and see what they can do under the warranty, anyone have the contact info to start the process for a warranty repair?

JustaShooter

FreeInAZ

my girlfriend got a hi point c9 9mm used for $119. it does jam or misfeed quite a bit. we are going to get in touch with hi point and see what they can do under the warranty, anyone have the contact info to start the process for a warranty repair?

Hi-Point (Beemiller handles the 9mm & 380's) direct # is 419-747-9444. If my experience is the norm, (I suspect it is) you will get a pistol in like new condition or a NEW pistol. :)

ETA - I would send in all your mags too so they can be looked at to make sure their not the cause of the jams. If they are HP will replace them too.

Last edited: