• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many of you OC with a round chambered?

Outdoorsman1

On Point to the original question...

Look at it this way... Without a round in the chamber, the only way you are going to render the BG breathless is by them laughing themselves to death while they open fire on you while you are chambering a round...

I have always carried "fully loaded" since day 1 of my OC experiance...

Outdoorsman1

DEROS72

Call me old fashioned.... but I like the smell of leather and a nice leather thumb break with my Sig's.....

I with Nick ,I use a good leather thumbreak on the belt and one in the pipe with the hammer down.(EAA Witness .45)

DevinWKuska

I with Nick ,I use a good leather thumbreak on the belt and one in the pipe with the hammer down.(EAA Witness .45)

How do you Like those EAA's? I saw a pair(one was 9mm, the other I think was .40) that looked identical but was sketchy since I have never heard of this company let alone reliability. How is their warranty?

Metalhead47

How do you Like those EAA's? I saw a pair(one was 9mm, the other I think was .40) that looked identical but was sketchy since I have never heard of this company let alone reliability. How is their warranty?

They have a few followers on here :banana:

I have a SAO Match Elite model, .45 of course. Only have a few hundred rounds thru it but never had a malfunction that wasn't my fault (bad reloads). They're very popular on the competition circuit in Europe, do some googling and there's a bit out there on them. Based on the CZ75 which also has a bit of a following ;)

fire suppressor

I carry a Springfield XD .40 it has the same safety as your glock with a 1911 style safety. When I first stared to OC I did not carry with one in the chamber, it felt to uncomfortable to do so. After some time and practice I was got over the feeling and after enough practice with my holster I felt confidant in my skills. I know always carry clambered you never know when that half a second could mean the difference between life or death

spikeXD45

Call me old fashioned.... but I like the smell of leather and a nice leather thumb break with my Sig's.....

HEAR HEAR!! But can you be old fashioned without being old? and more on the topic when seconds count do you really have time to waste racking a round into the chamber.

sudden valley gunner

HEAR HEAR!! But can you be old fashioned without being old? and more on the topic when seconds count do you really have time to waste racking a round into the chamber.

All good points, but I personally wouldn't discourage anyone from carrying because they are either not comfortable yet (I'd rather someone feel very comfortable about it before doing so) or they are simply refusing to let the state dictate they get a license to carry and they need to enter or exit a vehicle frequently.