• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I hate being made a fool, I feel so betrayed and mad.

Gil223

Every once in a while I make a monumental blunder and become a little too trusting and gullible. So was the case when I fell for the BULL$HIT from the DNC about how they weren't going to go after guns and that the NRA was crazy for saying they would when they hadn't in the first term. I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I repeated it to family and friends and now I look like a total jackass! Worse yet, I voted for those lying bastards, and even donated to their campaign. I want my money back! I have half a mind to call up their offices and demand my money back.

So I'm here to say to any of you that had a jackass like me try to tell you this wouldn't happen, I apologize. I hope you can forgive me and others like me and understand that it's not entirely our fault, for we were duped by these lying pack of serpents in Washington. Furthermore, I will try to make amends by being more vigilant in whom I support and don't support in the mid-terms and future elections.

You did what you did, and it's done. You've recognized the lack of reflective thought that went into that decision, and vowed to not repeat it. Say ten "Hail Mary's", three "Our Father's", kiss the Blarney Stone, sing the Mongolian National Anthem backwards while hopping up and down on one foot, and then go in peace and sin no more!;)

Seriously though, you have owned both your act and it's foolishness - which is more than most people would do. There was no need to publish it, and nobody - here or anywhere else - has the right to judge you, or to pardon you. Forgiveness must come from within and/or via whatever Supreme Being you may (or may not) believe in. "Judge not lest ye be judged." Just my thoughts. :) Pax...

WalkingWolf

You did what you did, and it's done. You've recognized the lack of reflective thought that went into that decision, and vowed to not repeat it. Say ten "Hail Mary's", three "Our Father's", kiss the Blarney Stone, sing the Mongolian National Anthem backwards while hopping up and down on one foot, and then go in peace and sin no more!;)

Seriously though, you have owned both your act and it's foolishness - which is more than most people would do. There was no need to publish it, and nobody - here or anywhere else - has the right to judge you, or to pardon you. Forgiveness must come from within and/or via whatever Supreme Being you may (or may not) believe in. "Judge not lest ye be judged." Just my thoughts. :) Pax...

I believe all prayers now have to be directed towards the "Chosen One" :uhoh:

Sheldon

"A Wise Man Learns by the Mistakes of Others, a Fool by His Own" Latin proverb...
You must be a young fella for I figured it out way back in the Jimmy Carter years, when it comes to guns, taxes, and social programs that steal from Social Security, never trust a Democrat ;-)

Last edited:

eye95

"A Wise Man Learns by the Mistakes of Others, a Fool by His Own" Latin proverb...

There are three ways to learn. (1) Listen to the experiences of others and learn from them. (2) Watch others make mistakes and learn from them. (3) Piss on the electric fence yourself. Good ole American Wisdom...

Beretta92FSLady

There is no way an actual Liberal is apologizing for voting Democratic Party.

The one Party system that we have right now will, well, I don't see an electable person stepping forward anytime soon--a Libertarian type; not a Tea Party 2.0 type.

09jisaac

There are three ways to learn. (1) Listen to the experiences of others and learn from them. (2) Watch others make mistakes and learn from them. (3) Piss on the electric fence yourself. Good ole American Wisdom...

It must be easier not to learn though. I take it you have been voting the same way every election and you are still thinking things are going change for the better this time.

I relate it to you ******* on different strands of an electric fence that maybe this time if you hope for it hard enough that it won't shock you. It hasn't worked that way for a long time, it is not going to change as long as people play the game the two major parties have set up for us all.

Do you know why you are blaming people who voted third party for your candidates loss? Because you were led to believe we would make a difference this election if people voted third party. I can understand why the major party would want it this way, they only have to beat one person for most offices. It makes since for them, but not for us.

When I voted third party I was hoping things would take a turn for the worst. I was hoping it would wake more Americans (people like you) up. I want people to realize that they don't have to play the game the current system has turned into. I was casting my vote in the hope that the next election people would look at it and think that third parties do actually have a chance.

Now, let us look at your candidate. Do you honestly think Romney, of all people, would have opposed an AWB?

WalkingWolf

It must be easier not to learn though. I take it you have been voting the same way every election and you are still thinking things are going change for the better this time.

I relate it to you ******* on different strands of an electric fence that maybe this time if you hope for it hard enough that it won't shock you. It hasn't worked that way for a long time, it is not going to change as long as people play the game the two major parties have set up for us all.

Do you know why you are blaming people who voted third party for your candidates loss? Because you were led to believe we would make a difference this election if people voted third party. I can understand why the major party would want it this way, they only have to beat one person for most offices. It makes since for them, but not for us.

When I voted third party I was hoping things would take a turn for the worst. I was hoping it would wake more Americans (people like you) up. I want people to realize that they don't have to play the game the current system has turned into. I was casting my vote in the hope that the next election people would look at it and think that third parties do actually have a chance.

Now, let us look at your candidate. Do you honestly think Romney, of all people, would have opposed an AWB?

Actually I do, it would have been in his best interest. But you can do a happy dance things are getting worse, and I highly doubt things will change for the better. Most people will cave, or just not care, and the people who do will get screwed because a tyrant who some would prefer than making some progress instead of none.

Congratulations!

hermannr

I used to consider myself a republican, but I fell for Obama's promise of hope, change & transparency on his original term. $$ and my vote went to him. Of course, I did not do the same this time around, I had learned - but I still hold responsibility for the 1st term.

Although Romney got my vote, I wasn't fully onboard with him either.

Hum, let's see...did you vote for Ron Paul in the primary? And tehn, when Ron was not the nominee..did you vote for Gary Johnson?

Sheldon

Giggle I know of someone that did just that, and they were told not too... LOL!!!

carolina guy

The part that I find the most troubling (more so than the relative lack of true difference between the Democans and Republicrats) is that there is no way to feel confident that the elections were not decided beforehand and then either rigged to support the desired outcome, or simply reported regardless of the actual votes.

WalkingWolf

The part that I find the most troubling (more so than the relative lack of true difference between the Democans and Republicrats) is that there is no way to feel confident that the elections were not decided beforehand and then either rigged to support the desired outcome, or simply reported regardless of the actual votes.

You forgot the not so free press, IMO they are the ones that really control who is and is not elected, and mantra of those. But remember NO politician is your friend, not republican, not democrat, not even libertarians, they are all politicians. The definition of a liar is politician.

09jisaac

You forgot the not so free press, IMO they are the ones that really control who is and is not elected, and mantra of those. But remember NO politician is your friend, not republican, not democrat, not even libertarians, they are all politicians. The definition of a liar is politician.

That is an awfully broad statement. As such it is false as there is always an exception to every broad rule.

Few people get deep into politics without thinking at least partly of themselves but even their selfishness can cause change for the better. Politicians are going to force things onto you, so might as well vote for the person who fits you best (who you think would do what you want best) so they'll force you into something you wanted in in the first place.

Gil223

I find myself in the quandary of agreeing with both you, WW, and 09. I am in complete agreement with your observation that the press (including the broadcast media) is "not so free". Perhaps it is because the reporters/journalists/newscasters/commentators are at the (nonexistent)mercies of the media moguls - and therefore must forfeit their personal journalistic integrity (assuming they once possessed any of that), and sing the company song verbatim in order to maintain their livelihood. True "freedom of the press" can only exist when there is no censorship authority above the individual, otherwise they are "free" only to express the opinions and desires of their corporate overlords.

As for 09's comment,
That is an awfully broad statement. As such it is false as there is always an exception to every broad rule.
yours was indeed a broad brush... but it only painted slightly over the lines. It's that 99% of the media and politicians, that give the other 1% a bad name. That remaining 1% is either rendered impotent by "The Boss(es)", or relegated to some obscure and arcane publication, or not appointed to - or removed from - critical committees by the House or Senate "leadership" when they choose to swim against the popular Party tide by doing something that would actually be of benefit to the American people. There is no sense of altruism in national government, and a large question about how much there is in state governments. Whose responsibility is it to protect the interests of "We the People"? CONGRESS! Do they do that? Not that I have noticed.

It saddens me to say, that "The USA Has the Best Government Money Can buy". All our representatives in Washington D.C. were wealthy (compared to the average working-class American) before they became "public servants". Did they spend their own money on their campaigns? No... they raised the bulk of their campaign money from other, even wealthier entities - some from private individuals, some from corporations, and some from PACs (man's creative way of circumnavigating the election laws governing maximum campaign contributions). Do these monied contributors donate out of a moral belief in the prospective legislator? No... they do so with a wink and a nod, and an unspoken (perhaps even spoken) "I (corporate we) supported your desire today, I/we expect you to support my/our desires when you take office." By the time people ascend the national political ladder, they owe more favors to more influential people than they can recall. But, they owe virtually nothing to the worker who contributed $20, $50 or $100 or more from his hard-earned paycheck. The monied individual and corporations have not "donated" anything - they have simply made a different type of INVESTMENT! Is there anyone participating in this forum who believes they have enough monied contacts to elevate them to any national office? A successful bid for elected office at that level requires a "war chest" in the tens of millions of dollars... and money runs with money. What gave me such silly ideas, you wonder?
About 47 percent of Congress, or 249 current members are millionaires. … In 2010, the estimated median net worth of a current U.S. senator stood at an average of $2.56 million,” according to the Center’s research.
Despite the global economic meltdown in 2008 and the sluggish recovery that followed, that’s up about 7.6 percent from an estimated median net worth of $2.38 million in 2009and up 13 percent from a median net worth of $2.27million in 2008. … Fully 36 Senate Democrats, and 30 Senate Republicans reported an average net worth in excess of $1 million in 2010. The same was true for 110 House Republicans and 73 House Democrats.”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...aires-a-status-shared-by-only-1-of-americans/
The report, being almost 3 years old, is missing one newly added millionaire, which now brings the total to 250, still "about 47 percent" (0.467289), and the remaining 53 percent are financially very comfortable (as in: none of them requires their salary in order to survive).

The day of the elected national official rising from the working-class is long gone. Is it any wonder that those who "serve us" have no sense of the reality of having to labor for one's sustenance? Just my thoughts. :dude: Pax...

sudden valley gunner

This is a good assumption for us to make. This is why it is supposed to be up to us to keep government in check, and the importance of the 2A, I have said it before and got a bunch of negative replies, but the 2A is an implied threat of violence toward any politician or any body placed into a position of "authority".

History has shown that even the most liberty loving proponents once in charge, where corrupted somewhat. Roger Williams, Thomas Jefferson, even though they may have been better than others.

Last edited:

DangerClose

Furthermore, I will try to make amends by being more vigilant in whom I support and don't support in the mid-terms and future elections.
Your penance is to spend at least 60 minutes reading the Gun Owners of America website found here: http://gunowners.org/

You learn, you move on. I don't waste time with politics. It and religion are opiates of the masses.
If you don't take an interest in politics, politics will still take an interest in you.

Libertarian votes, non-votes, and votes for Mickey Mouse are, of course, not the same thing. What they are is effectively the same. They are were not votes for someone who had a chance of beating Obama (or a Democrat senator). Therefore, those votes were not votes against the impending gun-grab. Thanks a lot.

I blame anyone who did not vote for Romney or Republican senatorial candidates for the current fix. Again, thanks a lot.
Even now, two months after the election, Romney has still banned more guns than Obama has.
Romney signed an AWB once. You don't think he'd do it again?

I don't know what you're so upset about with who voted for third-party. You and the rest of the big-government Republicans wanted a moderate to win, and that's what you got.