• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need a head count on who wants free pulled pork and other tasty stuff

thedevilrobyjohn

Sundays sermon

Ate til I almost popped. Then the pitmaster showed me what and where the tenderloin was. Think I then tore something. Learned some legal stuff, ballistic stuff, anatomy stuff and have a few gun projects in mind now. Spread the good word at the playground and over by the pond when my spanish maiden grips drew attention. Surprising how so many know about oc but believe you need a permit for it. Afterward I worked for four hours repairing a machine in very tight space cursing my lack of self control and that pig for being so tasty. Thanks skid for stuffing us full of donuts prior to piling on the pork.

The Wolfhound

Well fed, well friended

Good times, great food, bags of leftovers, good folks. Skid, you threw a good party! The "Beasties" crashed as soon as we got home. They had been properly tired out but did show up for dinner with the promise of more of that "pig". Many familiar faces from lobby day and other events. If you are here on the forum and came by to see the "beasties", chime in so I can put a face to the names.

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Good times, great food, bags of leftovers, good folks. Skid, you threw a good party! The "Beasties" crashed as soon as we got home. They had been properly tired out but did show up for dinner with the promise of more of that "pig". Many familiar faces from lobby day and other events. If you are here on the forum and came by to see the "beasties", chime in so I can put a face to the names.

How could anyone miss them??? They looked to be as big as Zeus. Well mannered and yet still intimidating. ;>)

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member

The Mrs. is still talking about the beasties. I was the one that gathered the leg bones for you.

sent using tapatalk

Tess

Founder's Club Member
We had a blast! Jason loved everyone he met, of course - thanks to all who let him join their conversations! Got to catch up with some VERY old friends.

As we left, a man and his son approached the truck and wanted to know if it was a VCDL meetup and he had missed an email. Got to tell him that no, it was not, and invited him to look at opencarry.org.

Particular thanks to skidmark, but to all of you who make these events so wonderful.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We had a blast! Jason loved everyone he met, of course - thanks to all who let him join their conversations! Got to catch up with some VERY old friends.

As we left, a man and his son approached the truck and wanted to know if it was a VCDL meetup and he had missed an email. Got to tell him that no, it was not, and invited him to look at opencarry.org.

Particular thanks to skidmark, but to all of you who make these events so wonderful.
Not a VCDL meeting, but it was posted in the Va-Alert.

Last edited:

The Truth

Skid, Mr. Mark, what a great time had by all yesterday! I definitely had to pick up one of the pitmaster's business cards. Awesome stuff! Wish we had shown up a tad earlier but the monster must sleep...

Special thanks to Marco for reminding me that I am not a badass! Haha. And Peter Nap, hopefully I'll prove that a Rowland conversion has a longer life than you think ;) I believe the bet was 1,000 rounds? :lol:

wrearick

I had to opportunity to pet the beasties. Don't remember if my wife did or not (think she was over talking about soap making) I am glad they had a good time. Our little beasties enjoyed some bones when we got home!

wrearick

And we enjoyed Jason sitting with us while we ate. He is a true joy and blessing even if he did try and pull my leg.......

scouser

Thanks skid for stuffing us full of donuts prior to piling on the pork.

Can't remember if Logan was still doing it when you arrived, but earlier he had been standing in the middle of the open area between the shelters and the mobile kitchen. He was shouting out "put your hands up if you want a donut" and then coming back to me and informing me that as no one put up their hands it meant he could have more donuts himself. By this time he'd already had one of the pumpkin cream ones, and that was in addition to the handmade sourdough donut (that was almost as big as the plates we ate from on Sunday) which we'd picked up at the Touch a Truck event at RIR on Saturday and he'd saved for Sunday's breakfast.

ineedshoes

I, too, thank you for the event. I was glad to meet others who share my views on 2A, and picking straight from the pig was my first time.

user

Accomplished Advocate
I don't know who enjoyed it more, me or Peaches. We had a great time, thanks to His Most Beneficent Skidness and his entertaining entourage.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This is by far the best get together I've been to and it's always good to see User and August....Peaches just added to the enjoyment.

wVpddpY.jpg

Old Virginia Joe

a "pickin it was!"

Some pig pickin's are just that, it gets done, and you pick off what you want.

Others, the pig gets done, and it disappears to somewhere where they chop it all up, throw away the 'good' parts, and bring it back out. Sounds like this event is the old time kind, style number one? (yayyy!--my favorite!)

Yes, this indeed was a true "pig pickin!" You don't get to experience these much anymore, and it is a shame. More of us need to encourage the true practice of this lost art, and insist these other poor substitute events are called by their proper name ("catered pork dinner"). Not the same thing. Kind of like when people ask at a birthday party, "would you like a piece of birthday cake?" I quickly look at the cake and particularly the icing--if I see it is that fluffy cool-whip looking junk on top, I politely say "no thank you." THAT ain't birthday cake, in my book.

Thanks, Skid!