• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need a head count on who wants free pulled pork and other tasty stuff

Bob1

I'm going to depart in about an hour. Skid should be awake by the time I get there. :)

No guns for me I guess, have to stop at the Quantico MCX to return something for my wife. Going on that side of the post while armed without cause isn't smart.

BlueSquid

If it goes bang on target when you want it to and you carry it, that makes it special - wear it proudly :)

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love the gun, otherwise I wouldn't still have it. But it seems there are only two types of people in the world (exaggerating of course) when it comes to the Judge...Those who like it and probably have one, and those who will make fun of it until they know someone around them owns one lol.

The Truth

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love the gun, otherwise I wouldn't still have it. But it seems there are only two types of people in the world (exaggerating of course) when it comes to the Judge...Those who like it and probably have one, and those who will make fun of it until they know someone around them owns one lol.

Isn't that a .410 revolver? Do you shoot shot shells out of it or .45?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Here is a SERIOUS load for the Judge

Isn't that a .410 revolver? Do you shoot shot shells out of it or .45?
410 hollow-point 168-grain slug. This thing is a monster. According to Paraklese Technologies, the slug has a velocity of 1,300 feet per second and yields over 700 foot/pounds of energy.
http://www.offthegridnews.com/2013/01/14/the-surprisingly-practical-taurus-judge/

The Truth

When's the best time to show up? The little one has been napping for about 2 hours so she should be awake soon...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I have been wishing to come, but
as I am retired my schedule is very hard to predict.
I never know when I will wake up,,, if at all...
Also, it is quite a drive from the west side of,,, the,,, country...

Please put me down as 1 wishful, +1 possible wishful

p.s. It is Very Nice of you to put on this feast!!
I hope ALL your friends,, old ones and new ones too, show up..

We can carpool. I can leave about noon.:)

The winds are from East to West tonight. Roll down the window and stick your tongue out - you should get a good taste.:D

Too bad you could not make it, but I'll give you credit for wanting to.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You and thousands more like you will be on our mind today. Skid is giving thanks to all who stood firmly behind him when the pressure was on and the days were long. Conversly, we are thanking Skid for standing so tall.

Let the good times roll!

As I said, it's not just the folks who stood with me. It's the folks that stood with everyone else who has been down that road, whether it was some hacked gun charge or a Circuit Court Clerk who decided to write their own laws or a Sheriff who thought they could get away with using some private business to advance their own philosophy of utter contempt (not mere disregard) of the Constitution and the laws.

As for the insinuation that I stood tall - I had to in order to see over my hackles that had been raised.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I want to thank everybody who showed up. At the end I'm going to make a request of you - no pressure to do it (but if you don't I'm never inviting you again:p)

There was a pig. It was necessary that by the time we finished there would be no more pig. All of you stepped up and did your part in accomplishing that goal. Some of you stepped up more than once.

If anybody left feeling empty in the belly or in the heart it was their own fault.

I want to thank everybody for the opportunity to practice my social graces (in spite of the fact that I hate that almost as much as I hated practicing the piano). The fact that you came knowing who I was and how I am makes me very proud to know each and every one of you.

Now about the favor -

If you enjoyed the food please consider finding the Facebook page for Valley Pig Pickin' LLC and leaving some nice comments about Emmet (our pitmaster).

stay safe.

scouser

Thanks Skid, we had a great afternoon, evidenced by the fact my original plan of just a quick visit to bring you some coffee and then coming back later in the afternoon turned into a "whatever, let's just stay here and call Beth to meet us at the park when she's ready"

BlueSquid

Thanks for setting this up, Skid. My family and I all had a terrific time. I was the one in the green shirt entertaining the 2.5 month old and semi-shy wife, holding the leash to the small brown rat and looking unaware as to how to interact with a group of non-sailors. Anyone who's been in knows socially acceptable etiquette is extremely different when with a group of military. It's been a while since I've been in that position so I hope no one thought me rude, just wasn't sure I could trust myself to not start cussing up a storm without realizing it while a bunch of little kids were running around. I know I'm more upset at not conversing with more people than any of you are. Next time I promise we'll come out of our shells a lot more. Again, thanks for setting it up, food was amazing, we all had a great time, and everybody was extremely friendly. Oh and sorry about my dog trying to put on the tough guy act, I promise she's a nice dog. She's just used to playing rough with my parents 70lb britney spaniel, and hasn't realized she can't just run up to any other dog and try the same thing (without getting turned into an appetizer) before they sniff each other out for a while.

Looking forward to the next one we can make it out to!

-BlueSquid

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I want to thank everybody who showed up. At the end I'm going to make a request of you - no pressure to do it (but if you don't I'm never inviting you again:p)

There was a pig. It was necessary that by the time we finished there would be no more pig. All of you stepped up and did your part in accomplishing that goal. Some of you stepped up more than once.

If anybody left feeling empty in the belly or in the heart it was their own fault.

I want to thank everybody for the opportunity to practice my social graces (in spite of the fact that I hate that almost as much as I hated practicing the piano). The fact that you came knowing who I was and how I am makes me very proud to know each and every one of you.

Now about the favor -

If you enjoyed the food please consider finding the Facebook page for Valley Pig Pickin' LLC and leaving some nice comments about Emmet (our pitmaster).

stay safe.
Skid

Thank you very much. Enjoyed the company very much, and the food was great. Kinda over stuffed when we left. Saw some old friends and met some new ones while there.

May God bless and keep us all till we meet again.

PS facebook post done. :cool:

wrearick

Skidmark, the event was a big success and according to my wife you were more like a big teddy bear than a grizzly old ________. Thank you for doing this and all that you have done. giving a shout out on facebook is a small price to pay for the feast we shared today.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Thanks again for hosting Skidmark! The wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our time and the food. It was definitely good to meet some new folks, see some I've seen only a couple times, and visit with others I've seen here and at other events for years now. The refreshment was as much in the company as in the food and drink. Good to see y'all there.

va_tazdad

Good weather, great food, many friends, old and new.

Please allow me to add my appreciation to the others here and thank Skidmark for hosting this event.

Saw many friends and met some new ones. Although we do not always agree on some things, all were welcomed and due to the quality of those in attendance, politics were put aside and a good time was had by all as far as I could see.

To those that I met for the 1st time, welcome, and it was good to be able to put a face with a name. To those that already know me, thank you for being so nice. (I know, like Skid, I can be a bit abrasive at time, but only because I believe strongly about some things)

Skid, although you claim to not appreciate the niceties of personal interaction, you were a true gentleman to one and all.

It was an honor to be there and enjoy the event. Again, thank you.

Jamesm760

It was nice to finally meet some of you in person! Thanks again for the invite Skidmark. Wish I could have stayed a while longer but I had to get up at 3AM for work. Had fun and the food was excellent, see you guy next time! :banana:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It was the finest Bar B Q's I've ever been to. Great food, great company. As usual, I couldn't hear half of what was said but I got enough.

A big hand for Skidmark that put it on to say thanks to a very tight group of gun owners.

If every organization came together the way we did yesterday there would be no question about the future of our rights. Let's all take Skidmark's lead and convince the nay sayers that we all need to be respected rather than picking one area and sticking with it.

Thank you again Skid!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Skid, although you claim to not appreciate the niceties of personal interaction, you were a true gentleman to one and all.

Once you learn how to fake sincerity all the rest is downhill.

All of the praise and Thank-You's remind me of why I am so proud of having completed that course on Humility.

stay safe.