• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If Open Carry or Concealed Carry was to be banned which one would you prefer?

If one form of carry was to be banned what would you prefer to be banned?

• Ban Open Carry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban Concealed Carry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Killer1306

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Killer1306 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
The founders stated that we were born with the rights not that we had to earn them. Some people lose rights when they do bad things... but other than that we cannot start deciding which rights we want certain people to have when we do that we are no better than Hitler or Pol Pot or any other dictator.
There are inalienable rights and that is not what we are talking about. I’m just saying that for you to have the privilege to carry a deadly weapon around with you should be earned not a given.

The rights that we have today and cherish were not a given they were earned. We as a people had to fight a war to become a nation. There are the inalienable rights that we as a nation believe should not be violated. Then there are amendments that give certain rights that can be lost if you do some thing wrong and there are some that you get if you do things right like be responsible for yourself and others and do what you need to get the right you want. To carry a hidden pistol you need to get a CPL which has requirements you must do.

No, in fact it would not be like Hitler he gave rights by race and religion which he saw as perfect; not by people living above the standard expected and working to gain a privilege or "right" as an individual that they wished to have and have shone that they will not abuse the right once it is earned.
Wrong. The bill of rights was written to GUARANTEE those rights, rights which were, and still are (or should be) unalienable and basic, due to anyone who breathes. Your "interpretation" is incorrect, sir. Do some homework. Study the history of the founding documents.
yes it was a guarantee but they were not enforcable in the colonies because they were of another goverment across the ocean

to others

i mispell alot and my word program is old so i was lucky to have only 1 letter off
just because people mess things up does not mean it is a bad thing at heart

every one has opinions that affects what they think, judge, and right rules.

Killer1306

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
And how do you earn it Killer,
Maby the word "earn" was not the right word choice that set you alll into defencive mode. Basicly anyone who follows the law has "earned" the right.

By woking to not do bad things, stay away from intocicants and drugs, and to risist the bad influences that affect people on a daily baisis is not always easy and some people have it harder.

mikestilly

imported post

Killer1306 wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
And how do you earn it Killer,
Maby the word "earn" was not the right word choice that set you alll into defencive mode. Basicly anyone who follows the law has "earned" the right.

By woking to not do bad things, stay away from intocicants and drugs, and to risist the bad influences that affect people on a daily baisis is not always easy and some people have it harder.

Earned means that it's not given to you as a fundamental right. As long as you're born a US citizen you were born with this fundamental right and it did not need to be earned. See the below definition of earned. No action is necessary except to be born and alive as a citizen of this great country.

earned \earned\ ([~e]rnd), adj.
1. Gained as a result of effort or action; -- used especially
of income; as, earned income. Contrasted with {unearned}.
[WordNet 1.5]

2. (Baseball) not resulting from an error by an opposing
team; -- used in the phrase earned runs.
[PJC]

American Sheepdog

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
If one form of carry was to be outlawed what form of carry would you like to see go out the door?

Which ever you decide you want axed please give a reason why you want that form relieved. And give a reason why you want what ever form of carry to still stand.
Screw em! Follow the Constitution and carry anyway. Criminals do! Now the state is gonna release a bunch on early release to save money at the expense of our safety. People just need to do what's right and carry. It's NOT illegal, as God Himself would have to revoke the right as explained in the 2nd Amendment;

Unalienable rights...endowed by our creator.

This no man can take without their permission.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Earned means that it's not given to you as a fundamental right. As long as you're born a US citizen you were born with this fundamental right and it did not need to be earned.

So close. Every person is born with the right. The United States though, has made a point to recognise this in its foundational documents.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Neither. Should just be carry - no more, no less.

Next Up: Time to start a caliber war. You can only have 1 caliber as all others will be banned, which would it be?

(DO NOT ANSWER THAT).

Bailenforcer

imported post

American Sheepdog wrote:
wally1120 wrote:
If one form of carry was to be outlawed what form of carry would you like to see go out the door?

Which ever you decide you want axed please give a reason why you want that form relieved. And give a reason why you want what ever form of carry to still stand.
Screw em! Follow the Constitution and carry anyway. Criminals do! Now the state is gonna release a bunch on early release to save money at the expense of our safety. People just need to do what's right and carry. It's NOT illegal, as God Himself would have to revoke the right as explained in the 2nd Amendment;

Unalienable rights...endowed by our creator.

This no man can take without their permission.
The basic point I tried to make in that long winded earlier post is:

Inalienable rights can be given away, and unalienable rights can NOT be given away, this is why the founding fathers called them "unalienable".
Why the distinction?

many people are unfamilier with USC. and contract Law. people everyday without knowledge surrender their rights, by the simple signing of contracts, signing for licenses from our beloved Government who lies in wait to steal your rights. The founding fathers were 300 years ahead of their time and far more intelligent than most any Lawyer today, and far smarter than almost any Supreme Court Judge we have had to date. Unalienable prevents you from accidentally surrendering your rights, and the felony laws where you supposedly loose gun rights are in fact a direct violation of the Constitution. No court, no congress, you or anyone else can remove your rights enumerated in the Constitution, because they are UNALIENABLE! Not inalienable.

We have seen countless treasonous Court Judges right to the Supreme Court itself. Both Political parties have practiced the same treasonous attacks on your rights.

We have rights granted by the creator and ONLY the creator can remove them, not even usI am shocked at how many Gun rights advocates ignore this fact.

SlowDog

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:

Next Up: Time to start a caliber war. You can only have 1 caliber as all others will be banned, which would it be?

(DO NOT ANSWER THAT).
ok....then I won't say 45acp....:lol::celebrate:celebrateoops.....I didn't say that!:quirky:quirky

1245A Defender

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:

(DO NOT ANSWER THAT).
there is a clear winner to the caliber war, everyone else is wrong, (on the interwebz)!!:cuss:

my favorite is, 380 auto, 38 special, 9mm luger, 357 sig, 9mm largo, 357 magnum, 9X23 winchester, 38 super, and 38x40 i think?

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
if i had to choose one id choose to annex my property from the nation instead.

HA!!....humorous to say the least.....personally i chose CC to go...concealing a weapon is pointless...hell the 3 people i know with CPL's still open carry. If you see a gun on someones hip your not going to do anything stupid...easy as that...the "element of surprise" you gain from CC is pointless because by the time the BG sees the gun hes already done or doing something that could have been prevented from the beginning...i have a feeling ima get a hammer thrown at me by all the CC supporters...oh well....all i have to do is dodge 3 hammers!!

HEHE

:p

oh and id pick the....ummm.....huh...tough one...is it 1 per rifle AND pistol or just one at all??

Pistol = .45acp HP
Rifle = 5.45x39 SC

if its only one then flip a coin

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Killer1306 wrote:
yes it was a guarantee but they were not enforcable in the colonies because they were of another goverment across the ocean

to others

i mispell alot and my word program is old so i was lucky to have only 1 letter off

Uh, what? So, our Constitution and Bill of Rights were written by the people of england, for the people of england, to be unenforceable on the colonies in America? Really? Hm.

autosurgeon

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Killer1306 wrote:

to others

Uh, what? So, our Constitution and Bill of Rights were written by the people of england, for the people of england, to be unenforceable on the colonies in America? Really? Hm.
The rights enumerated in the constitution are rights we are all born with. Our founding fathers just chose to enumerate them and make it unlawful to take them away.

And England had did not write them... although their treatment of the colonies had a great deal to do with which rights were enumerated.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
Killer1306 wrote:

to others

The rights enumerated in the constitution are rights we are all born with. Our founding fathers just chose to enumerate them and make it unlawful to take them away.

And England had did not write them... although their treatment of the colonies had a great deal to do with which rights were enumerated.
I understand our history and documents, our rights, and how we got them. Believe me, I'm as proud an American as there is. What I don't understand is Killers' understanding of our history. I'd like him to enlighten me as to his understanding of how we got where we are. So far, that understanding is fundamentally flawed. If this understanding is somewhat "normal", it's no wonder folks have such a hard time with firearms rights.

autosurgeon

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
Killer1306 wrote:

to others

I understand our history and documents, our rights, and how we got them. Believe me, I'm as proud an American as there is. What I don't understand is Killers' understanding of our history. I'd like him to enlighten me as to his understanding of how we got where we are. So far, that understanding is fundamentally flawed. If this understanding is somewhat "normal", it's no wonder folks have such a hard time with firearms rights.
I was not directing my comments at you Taurus. But rather at Killer ... I just didn't make that clear ... sorry:cool:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
the "element of surprise" you gain from CC is pointless because by the time the BG sees the gun hes already done or doing something that could have been prevented from the beginning

There is no element of suprise lost by OC.

The criminal would still be suprised by the OCer, as he/she would not have expected you to have a gun in the first place, and because it would be drawn on him/her so fast, he/she would be wondering hownthehell the gun got pointed at him/her to begin with.

Killer1306

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Taurus850CIA wrote:
Killer1306 wrote:

to others

I was not directing my comments at you Taurus. But rather at Killer ... I just didn't make that clear ... sorry:cool:
Ok i am sorry if you are not able to understand what i am trying to say
i am not good at typing or spelling
i dont like forms of communication other than face to face
However, i dont hate or refuse to use them
also i type these messages before bed after my 3rd shift job

ps im going to get out of this conversation so please dont quote me much more
i a m going to read the BoR and the usC over again since i have not in a while

im in favor of the middle ground not left or right wing nuts (ha)

Killer1306

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:

(DO NOT ANSWER THAT).
Make a new thred

it would also verry on the application

Target shooting .22

OC .45 or .50

CC 9mm

Hunting 410g or 12g