• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Important notice about AFP Tax-Payer tea party rally on Saturday April 16

Lurchiron

Well...if we're doing flags, how about one with a badger raising his kilt and giving a Scottish cheer; that pretty much sums it up...

XDFDE45

Honey Badger don''t care
snuffsnarl.gif

HandyHamlet

Absolutely NO Rebel flag for me. Ever.

I can go with that. Not going for the redneck version.

I was once roped into "camping" by my roommates eons ago. My suspicions were confirmed when I entered the "campground" and was greeted to the sounds/sights of lawn mowers and double wides dripping in party lights. Freshly painted signs gaily informed me the pool, movie house and pettin' zoo were open! Not that I'm too much of a camping snob, I knew I was going to be hammered for three daze straight, but had I known I would have packed differently...

Things quickly deteriorated. Every time the permanent residents cut through the center of our camp, going to only General Robert E Lee knows where, they kept making loud and hostile remarks about "yankees". Finally one of my skipping the light Fandango roomies asked me to take down my flag. "Huh?" I replied totally perplexed. "Your Union Flag. Take it down." "Say what?" And then I got it. They were referring to my Betsy Rose Flag flying high above my tent. So I did the only thing a thoughtful Yankee gentleman would do. I screamed "13 stripes! 13 stars! 13 Colonies you hayseed M***********S!" on the top of my lungs into the faces of every single "camper" that came within 1000 ft of our site.

I consider myself kind of an enlightened missionary educating the locals. Of north central IL.

:banghead:

Last edited:

oak1971

I was once roped into "camping" by my roommates eons ago. My suspicions were confirmed when I entered the "campground" and was greeted to the sounds/sights of lawn mowers and double wides dripping in party lights. Freshly painted signs gaily informed me the pool, movie house and pettin' zoo were open! Not that I'm too much of a camping snob, I knew I was going to be hammered for three daze straight, but had I known I would have packed differently...

Things quickly deteriorated. Every time the permanent residents cut through the center of our camp, going to only General Robert E Lee knows where, they kept making loud and hostile remarks about "yankees". Finally one of my skipping the light Fandango roomies asked me to take down my flag. "Huh?" I replied totally perplexed. "Your Union Flag. Take it down." "Say what?" And then I got it. They were referring to my Betsy Rose Flag flying high above my tent. So I did the only thing a thoughtful Yankee gentleman would do. I screamed "13 stripes! 13 stars! 13 Colonies you hayseed M***********S!" on the top of my lungs into the faces of every single "camper" that came within 1000 ft of our site.

I consider myself kind of an enlightened missionary educating the locals. Of north central IL.

:banghead:

:lol: