• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Invite to a charity event

WARCHILD

imported post

I got the stickie paper name tags for those who want to use them. I will also bring my folding table (bring your own chair). My wife has a doctor appt. at 7a.m. so now I won't be able to get there 'till probably 9 ish. I will have with me.......

1 peach, 1 apple, and 1 blueberry, fruit log. :celebrate

WARCHILD

imported post

Ooooohhh, smells so good in here! The oven is full of fruit logs. :celebrate

The wife cancelled her doctor appt. so I should be able to be there by 8 or 8:30.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'll be there rain or shine, which it looks like rain, and I heard something about $6.00 gal. gas??? Glad I filled at only $4.39 a gal.:cuss:

WARCHILD

imported post

Brian: Are you bringing your awning? And yes, they are calling for on and off showers all day with storms beggining in the late afternoon. No matter, I'm safe, s**t floats.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Ok,

After the guy that I contracted to make the tags forgot to make them......:banghead:

They rushed and got them cut out but NOT de-burred (tumbled and then polished so they look nice) so I ran them in my tumbler over night and they are NOT even close to being done. I don't have the right media to do the job to Stainless Steel.

I'm waiting to get tires for winter so they are not great in the rain. NO PROBLEM! I'll just drive the wifes van, even though I hate the color (purple mist) ...barf...

So I get all my crap together and head out.....

5 cars in the ditch..... cop lights EVERYWHERE
1 car spun out right in front of me
Almost got rear-ended
MORONS EVERYWHERE ! ! !

Well after an hour on the road and only getting about 20 miles from home and with 60 more to go, I came to the realization that it was NOT meant to be today.

Really wanted to see everyone again and get some of that pig roast.

Thom, I'll send you a check. Thank you for all your efforts and please thank the Lions Club on my behalf.

:(

WARCHILD

imported post

MOTHER NATURE IS A "B...H".

Sorry we didn't have better weather, kinda washed everything up.(pun intended) I got there about 8:20 and started setting up, Venator got there 8:30 and we put up his awning. Rain really made it a bad time for a gathering. More people showed up than I expected at the dog show, it seemed to be a fair turnout for them at least. I never left our booth except for the "most yummy pork sandwich". Followed by a big chunk of blueberry log.....mmmmm....needed milk though. :uhoh:I wish more of us could have made it there but I do understand. We had a 8 people that I know of stop by for info and chat. I had to leave at 2 so hopefully Venator will post any news for after I left.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
MOTHER NATURE IS A "B...H".

Sorry we didn't have better weather, kinda washed everything up.(pun intended) I got there about 8:20 and started setting up, Venator got there 8:30 and we put up his awning. Rain really made it a bad time for a gathering. More people showed up than I expected at the dog show, it seemed to be a fair turnout for them at least. I never left our booth except for the "most yummy pork sandwich". Followed by a big chunk of blueberry log.....mmmmm....needed milk though. :uhoh:I wish more of us could have made it there but I do understand. We had a 8 people that I know of stop by for info and chat. I had to leave at 2 so hopefully Venator will post any news for after I left.

What? I can't hear you I have water in my ear, hair, nose, mouth.... What I'm saying is I'm wet. As you stated it was raining, we talked to about 20 people total, but may more saw us and word got around the vendors about OC as well. Everyone that did stop by were for OC and most didn't know it was legal. Some of the people had CPLs (some were women, yeah)and said their instructors said it was illegal, I don't know where I heard that before. So lots of correct info getting out. So in spite of the poor weather it's 20 more that will tell 20 more and.... the beat goes on.

Jerry, The leader dog trainer lady next our our booth tried some of the apple AND blueberry logs..loved them. She asked if she could buy the peach to take to a leader dog event. I donated it to her in your name, so your charity just keeps on giving. I hope you don't mind, it will go to another good cause.

I want to thank the "Rugers" they brought a canopy to set up next to ours which expanded our set-up and was most appreciated. Also I want to thank springerXDacp for coming out and educating the masses and for all his help in taking down both canopies. We both got very wet, because as soon as we started the rain picked up.

I did win one of the raffle prizes, a couple of toy plush leader dogsfor my daughter so yeah!.

WARCHILD

imported post

Sorry I couldn't stay and help, but I HAD to go enjoy myself walking through Aldi's.:uhoh:Donating the peach is fine, you know I believe in the"pay it forward" concept. See you next sat.

WARCHILD

imported post

I told you I never win 'nothin! Hope you got the name tags we didn't use. BTW, who was it that took the pics and can you post them?

MrsRuger45

imported post

Yep, I did take some pics at the charity event. Posting them is on my forever growing "to do" list for today. ugh!

I'm glad to hear that more people came by the booth & ya'll were able to educate them. There were not many people around when we were there. Sorry we didn't make it back after my niece's soccer game. We stood out in the rain for 1 1/2 hours at the game. We were soaked & cold, so we just headed on home. I was kind of bummed because I didn't get a BBQ sandwich & I also wanted to try some peach or apple (maybe both!) log!! The blueberry was most yummyilicious!! Please give my thanks toMrs. Jerry for all her efforts.

I did get a phone call today that I won a prize in the raffle! I won the guitar! I went & picked it up this morning. It is still in my truck. I didn't want to bring it in since the rain is still coming down in buckets here. The guitar just has a soft sided case.