• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Issues at Virginia Center Commons Mall Glenn Allen Va

2a4all

The AK-47 is 100% polymer and 100% titanium and only weighs a pound....rofl :D The ninja Glock can be used in conjunction with the AK-47 to shoot down airplanes or submarines....who thinks of this stuff?
What a weapon! Shooting down airplanes is one thing, but submarines? No way. You have to sink them.

804emt

sadly im a mall cop until I join the army or navy this spring. I work at Short Pump and forest city enterprises which owns the property is VERY anti 2nd. We're contracted out to work there. Technically I work for Securitas, but I have to suck up to all the FCE employees to make them feel good.

I think there are 15 rules at Short Pump and #13 "no firearms unless your a police officer in uniform or have your badge are allowed."

Its complete b.s. were unarmed dcjs so we cant carry anything, not even a D cell maglight. and even the areas where FCE does want armed security with arrest authority, they don't let them carry firearms. The company is a disgrace to America.

If someone comes on property with a firearm, if I don't get to them first and warn them, then a FCE employee WILL call Henrico P.D. and try their hardest to get them with a trespass charge.

oh and btw during dcjs training, they don't teach ANYTHING about chp's, laws, who can carry and what citizen rights are in VA.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sorry to be the one to burst you bubble, but that stuff is not included in DCJS-mandated training because it has squat to do with what you were being trained to do. To be blunt about it, private security does not get any chance to violate the rights of anyone - the best you can ever hope to do is commit a felony crime with them as the victim.

I agree that it would be nice if private security knew what the basic laws were regarding firearm possession and self defense and a whole lot of other things. But for the most part you job, per the contract between the company that hired you and their client, is to observe and report. You can try to persuade someone to obey whatever rules the client has made, but unless you are certified both Armed and Arrest you cannot enforce them on your own. And even then you are not protected by even qualified immunity.

In my extremely un-humble opinion private security folks need to become adjusted to and accept the fact that they are not there to enforce the laws and have extremely limited ability to enforce the client's rules. The job is tough, and doing it well within the limitations imposed by DCJS, your company and the client as well as the law makes it even tougher. Maybe it would help if security folks remembered that if the client wanted someone to enforce the law they would have tried to hire their own police force. Oh, wait! That's not allowed*, is it? (We'll save the debate over off-duty cops acting as cops for later.)

In spite of everything above, I respect private security folks for what they do - when they stay wthin the rules and boundaries of their position. It's the cop wannabes that screw it up for the rest of you guys.

stay safe.

*I'm not going to get into Special Conservator of the Peace as so few private property owners bother to go that route and because the folks who get certified for that status do in fact go through the same training as the real cops.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
sadly im a mall cop until I join the army or navy this spring. I work at Short Pump and forest city enterprises which owns the property is VERY anti 2nd. We're contracted out to work there. Technically I work for Securitas, but I have to suck up to all the FCE employees to make them feel good.

I think there are 15 rules at Short Pump and #13 "no firearms unless your a police officer in uniform or have your badge are allowed."

Its complete b.s. were unarmed dcjs so we cant carry anything, not even a D cell maglight. and even the areas where FCE does want armed security with arrest authority, they don't let them carry firearms. The company is a disgrace to America.

If someone comes on property with a firearm, if I don't get to them first and warn them, then a FCE employee WILL call Henrico P.D. and try their hardest to get them with a trespass charge.

oh and btw during dcjs training, they don't teach ANYTHING about chp's, laws, who can carry and what citizen rights are in VA.

Thanks for sharing that 804. It takes a lot of guts and a fair amount of character to come on an OC board that even some of the members say "There is a lot of Venom" on, and explain the facts openly.
I posted before that there was a difference between a Security Guard and a Security Officer. I'll wager you're Officer status!

804emt

Don't be mistaken lol I take no pride in my job. Everything here is a joke. I don't plan on working here in 2012.

45acpForMe

If there is a 2012... :p

Sent using tapatalk

Have you looked through your ninja Glock future site and see something the rest of us should know about? :uhoh: :)

There was an error in the ninja-ak47 video by ommission. To shoot down a submarine you can NOT use the wooden bullets because they float. Now if a submarine happened to breach the surface at high speed (perhaps after being shot at by a ninja) and fly over you, at that moment yes you could use the wooden bullets (and technically you would be shooting it down at that point)! Not trying to be nit-picky. :)

ocholsteroc

Have you looked through your ninja Glock future site and see something the rest of us should know about? :uhoh: :)

There was an error in the ninja-ak47 video by ommission. To shoot down a submarine you can NOT use the wooden bullets because they float. Now if a submarine happened to breach the surface at high speed (perhaps after being shot at by a ninja) and fly over you, at that moment yes you could use the wooden bullets (and technically you would be shooting it down at that point)! Not trying to be nit-picky. :)

LOL ^ (good catch)
I saw the Ninja EDC video.. haha

Last edited: