• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I've decided to vote for Romney!.......IF

twoskinsonemanns

We've been doing that for many years and it doesnt work very well.

Its also not very fair or equal.

You believe in treating people equally, dont you ?

It's sad the way the world is becoming. Success is hated so much. It goes beyond simple envy.
It's actually a hatred of excellence. Romney has been a piss poor politician. But I respect and admire his ability to make money. It's not easy.

sudden valley gunner

Taxation is constitutional.

Yes but not the way it is done now. And any tax is constitutionally supposed to be equally applied. Is it equally applied now, or is it done in a way to "redistribute" wealth, which is .....theft.

Like I posted earlier, you have to change definitions to get at the modern statist "interpretation" of the constitution. Which is wrong. You want us to follow laws which surrenders our rights, liberty and property but the laws have to be "constitutional" but in order to make them you change the definition of words in the constitution and then used a stretched beyond reason interpretation to allow for the takings the government does.

In a nutshell you use the very document meant to restrict government and enumerate its powers to give it unlimited control and innumerable powers.

Last edited:

Jay Jacobs

Tax the piss out of the rich, and give to the poor.

Why not just confiscate ALL the wealth of the "rich" and give it to the "poor"?

And after that, since most the "poor" are still going to be poor, whose wealth do you intend to confiscate for redistribution, yours?

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

And after that, since most the "poor" are still going to be poor, whose wealth do you intend to confiscate for redistribution, yours?

Doesnt the government have their own money ? We could use that !!!

Beretta92FSLady

Tax the piss out of the poor, bet they get tired of being poor real fast and get off their backside.

You should tell that to your Republican state, that ranks--tied with nine--in the top poorest States of America; Republican stomping ground, I might add:

10. North Carolina
> Median income: $43,275
> Poverty rate: 16.1% (tied for 9th highest)
> Without health insurance: 16.7% (13th highest)
> Unemployment: 10.1% (9th highest)
North Carolina has one of the lowest median incomes in the country. It does not perform much better on other metrics related to poverty. There have been a number of programs implemented to help combat poverty in the state recently. One example is the No Kid Hungry program which aims to end childhood hunger in North Carolina by 2015. According to information from the program, more than 1 in 4 children in North Carolina do not get sufficient food.

The good thing is, you're not as bad off as Mississippi. Personally, I think Republicans, in your State, ought to run on it: Tax the piss out of the poor.

Beretta92FSLady

May as well, considering the rich confiscated, and manufactured most of their wealth at the expense of the other 99%.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

It's sad the way the world is becoming. Success is hated so much. It goes beyond simple envy.
It's actually a hatred of excellence. Romney has been a piss poor politician. But I respect and admire his ability to make money. It's not easy.

Of course you do. Hell, he managed to make 13 million bucks, all while unemployed, and without knowing what is being done with his money.

Beretta92FSLady

You don't get it, unfortunately.

BTW, Georgia, a solid Republican state, is, well, number 29 in poverty...Washington state is 11.--hint: The closer to one, the better.

Last edited:

Jay Jacobs

You don't get it, unfortunately.
And after confiscating everything the rich have, since most the "poor" are still going to be poor, whose wealth do you intend to confiscate for redistribution next, yours?

BTW, Georgia, a solid Republican state, is, well, number 29 in poverty...Washington state is 11.--hint: The closer to one, the better.

I make a six figure salary plus benefits working an average of maybe 40 hours a month, in addition to what my wife makes as a dental hygienist.
Does that mean we have to move out of Georgia?

twoskinsonemanns

Of course you do. Hell, he managed to make 13 million bucks, all while unemployed, and without knowing what is being done with his money.

I made $500 on my 401K over the last 6 months. No idea exactly where is was invested. Not sure who produced what to make that money. I took money I earned, invested it with the hope it would be gambled positively and made money.

Is that bad too?
Your "destroy the wealthy" attitude, though growing in popularity with the non-producers of the world, is evil and destructive to man kind.

Beretta92FSLady

And after confiscating everything the rich have, since most the "poor" are still going to be poor, whose wealth do you intend to confiscate for redistribution next, yours?

I make a six figure salary plus benefits working an average of maybe 40 hours a month, in addition to what my wife makes as a dental hygienist.
Does that mean we have to move out of Georgia?

You are one of a lucky few if in fact you make 6-figures.

Beretta92FSLady

I made $500 on my 401K over the last 6 months. No idea exactly where is was invested. Not sure who produced what to make that money. I took money I earned, invested it with the hope it would be gambled positively and made money.

Is that bad too?
Your "destroy the wealthy" attitude, though growing in popularity with the non-producers of the world, is evil and destructive to man kind.

I get it, you make more money than the vast majority of the population will ever be in a position to make.--with that comes a greater social obligation, IMO, of course.