• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

K.C. Open Carry Meeting..

mspgunner

Living the life in Phoenix now :) Enjoy the meeting and smoke a cigar for me XD

I have been hearing great news about gun laws in Missouri. Constitutional carry next? ;) Message me if you are ever in Phoenix and lunch is on me.

Phoenix is one of those 2A promise land places! Been there twice.
I'm in Independence for the day or two, came to meet this great group of OC advocates. At least we won't be in Steak-n-Shake!
The LEOs were well handled and educated by tgis fantastic group of Patriots.

mobodyguard

Living the life in Phoenix now :) Enjoy the meeting and smoke a cigar for me XD

I have been hearing great news about gun laws in Missouri. Constitutional carry next? ;) Message me if you are ever in Phoenix and lunch is on me.

o thats jaked up, u left us, but its all good, but great to hear.

Jason Castillo

Feeling unprepared...

It was my first open carry meeting... and I was the only one that didn't have extra mags/rounds on my hip. (I carry a ruger police service six) It was the only time I have felt UNDER-ARMED. I went to bass pro after and bought two speed loaders and a dual pouch for them. And now all is right in my world... :D

Oramac

It was my first open carry meeting... and I was the only one that didn't have extra mags/rounds on my hip. (I carry a ruger police service six) It was the only time I have felt UNDER-ARMED. I went to bass pro after and bought two speed loaders and a dual pouch for them. And now all is right in my world... :D

Don't worry. I don't typically carry a spare mag either, even though I know I should. Especially since I carry a sub-compact to begin with. Still haven't found an acceptably comfortable way to carry a spare mag that I can still conceal if need be.

Big Boy

Don't worry. I don't typically carry a spare mag either, even though I know I should. Especially since I carry a sub-compact to begin with. Still haven't found an acceptably comfortable way to carry a spare mag that I can still conceal if need be.

Try pocket carrying the mag. When I'm conceal carrying the gun on my belt is about all I want on it. I use a DeSantis pocket mag carrier.

Obviously when open carrying it's a non issue, I just have an OWB mag carrier.

Oramac

Try pocket carrying the mag. When I'm conceal carrying the gun on my belt is about all I want on it. I use a DeSantis pocket mag carrier.

Obviously when open carrying it's a non issue, I just have an OWB mag carrier.

Might have to try that. Though I usually keep other crap in my pockets too (keys, business cards, knife, etc). Does the DeSantis fit a double stack Glock mag?

Richieg150

You were carrying a revolver,no need to worry about misfires or jams.....you just keep pulling the trigger.Mostofus are carrying semi -autos,called bottom feeders by the revolver crowd....if we have a jam, you better haveanother mag to load,or you could be in deep dodo.Most shootings involving a ccw encounter,are 3 shots firedfrom less than 5 feet.

Big Boy

Might have to try that. Though I usually keep other crap in my pockets too (keys, business cards, knife, etc). Does the DeSantis fit a double stack Glock mag?

You can get ones that do, try midwayusa.com I used to keep all kinds of crap in my pockets too, just had to plan things a little different.

I still keep my chapstick and a little knife in my left pocket with the mag. They stay in front of the mag carrier, and the mag carrier and mag itself are both taller than the other crap in the pocket.

I keep my real knife clipped in my right pocket, and my cell phone stays in there too. Keys I carry on a carabiner, but I've always done that.

Most just haven't thought to pocket carry a mag, but that's what works best for me when CC'ing. And the DeSantis are so cheap that it won't hurt to try it.

Oramac

You can get ones that do, try midwayusa.com I used to keep all kinds of crap in my pockets too, just had to plan things a little different.

I still keep my chapstick and a little knife in my left pocket with the mag. They stay in front of the mag carrier, and the mag carrier and mag itself are both taller than the other crap in the pocket.

I keep my real knife clipped in my right pocket, and my cell phone stays in there too. Keys I carry on a carabiner, but I've always done that.

Most just haven't thought to pocket carry a mag, but that's what works best for me when CC'ing. And the DeSantis are so cheap that it won't hurt to try it.

I used to just throw a spare mag in my pocket w/o a carrier. It worked, but was really uncomfortable. The mag kept falling to one side or getting cockeyed and printing. And when a G17 mag prints in your front pocket, people wonder how excited you are to see them....

peterarthur

Looks like spring finally showed up ;) We are pushing into triple digits here! But it's a dry heat XD Seriously!

Keep representing MO!!! I do every day.

Oh yeahhhh!!!! I live in a small town called Maricopa, AZ. The Police chief is an OC advocate and a member of the local gun club. All of his officers support and encourage OC every time I see one (awesome, right?)

AND

the new Assistant police chief that just got hired from New Jersey is moving in NEXT DOOR!!! Now we're gonna see how well OC is accepted by the new guy from the East Coast... LOL!! I OC in my yard and all through the neighborhood all the time. Should be interesting... I wonder if I can get him to attend an OC lunch meeting here.... :)

HighFlyingA380

the new Assistant police chief that just got hired from New Jersey is moving in NEXT DOOR!!! Now we're gonna see how well OC is accepted by the new guy from the East Coast... LOL!! I OC in my yard and all through the neighborhood all the time. Should be interesting... I wonder if I can get him to attend an OC lunch meeting here.... :)
A Jersey boy being exposed to you OCing??? He's gunna shoot at you. But luckily since he's a Jersey cop, you don't have to worry about getting hit... :lol:

But seriously, you're makin' me jealous here...

peterarthur

A Jersey boy being exposed to you OCing??? He's gunna shoot at you. But luckily since he's a Jersey cop, you don't have to worry about getting hit... :lol:

But seriously, you're makin' me jealous here...

In a social setting last night, I met a cop from Chandler, a city near Phoenix, and he was telling me that the vast majority of LEO's that he knows in Arizona are VERY 2A friendly and have a great rapport with citizens in general. He explained that places like Phoenix where many people choose to move TO, have better educated, more civilized police than most of the big inner city places like Chicago or New York where many thugs who managed to never get arrested end up in police work. He said it is well known inside police circles that these gangs in blue are way too common and are no place for any self respecting member of executive branch government.

Surprisingly, I have only seen a couple of people OC here. Strangely, the fact that it is legal and well accepted makes it seem less necessary... lol. Now I am off to the AZ forums ... but I will be checking up to see what you characters are up to ;)