• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Killed For Open Carry /// I'm Done

FreeInAZ

What is "moc"?

Can I say the OP is an idiot without violating the forum rules?

Great questions:)

MOC =monkeys on crack... Just kidding Michiganopencarry

And yes I think question 2 is valid and that if pointed at post content would be in the limits of forum rules. ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Although philosophically, this makes you as guilty as any anti gunner, I am forced to concede. OC is counterproductive to the furtherance of gun rights, and has, in our new police state, become too dangerous to practice.
Quite to the contrary, OC is arguably the most effective way to educate the public and provide a visual deterrent to crime upon your person.

Of the thousands of OC events/happenings daily, an infinitesimal amount include anything negative, much less dangerous.

Perhaps you deem it more productive (moving the ball forward) to hide your gun and look like a tasty morsel for criminals.

You are earning a reputation that is less than stellar.

twoskinsonemanns

I would stipulate that in these current times with cops shooting first and asking questions later that OCing brings an additional danger. But I will be goddamned if I will change my ways based on that!! I know that in the regular scheme of things OC keeps me safer with regards to interactions with other non-government would be criminals. Since my daily routine brings me into contact with those more often than cops I will continue my OCing until the day I die. Nothing will stop it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Has anyone ever had a face to face with user Plan B? Who can vouch for his existance or not as a legitimate user/member here?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I find it incredibly hard to take the OP seriously, to the point that I suspect he's another agent provocateur.

First of all, these events are statistically quite rare. That they happen at all is cause for serious concern and reform, but it oughtn't intimidate us from exercising our fundamental human rights. Free people ought not to be cowed, especially over relatively minor risks.

Furthermore, talk about hyperbole: what the decedent was doing clearly doesn't fit into the category of OC, at least as practiced as a normal routine by members of this forum etc.

Don't get me wrong: that's not to say his murder was justified. That a person doesn't consider at all times what actions might get him shot by police oughtn't to be a death sentence. The decedent committed no crime, nor any act of aggression. He was not given ample warning, and was gunned down before he had time to react. It was murder, murder, murder.

But the vast majority of handgun OCers do not do what the decedent was doing, and there is ample evidence to suggest that, as a practical matter (if not a moral one), that makes all the difference. The slew of negative police encounters reported on this very forum indicate that, while police may often harass, intimidate, and unlawfully arrest/prosecute law-abiding OCers, they do not tend to shoot them.

The problem with police excess is mitigated for those of us who go out of our way to behave in such a way as to avoid police reaction. The problem with police excess is that folks shouldn't have to behave in such a fashion to avoid death. Folks ought to be free to make the occasional less-than-perfect decision, or once in a while forget that there's a trigger-happy cop around every corner.

The inability or unwillingness of the OP to recognize this distinction seriously impugns his credibility.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I find it incredibly hard to take the OP seriously, to the point that I suspect he's another agent provocateur.

First of all, these events are statistically quite rare. That they happen at all is cause for serious concern and reform, but it oughtn't intimidate us from exercising our fundamental human rights. Free people ought not to be cowed, especially over relatively minor risks.

Furthermore, talk about hyperbole: what the decedent was doing clearly doesn't fit into the category of OC, at least as practiced as a normal routine by members of this forum etc.

Don't get me wrong: that's not to say his murder was justified. That a person doesn't consider at all times what actions might get him shot by police oughtn't to be a death sentence. The decedent committed no crime, nor any act of aggression. He was not given ample warning, and was gunned down before he had time to react. It was murder, murder, murder.

But the vast majority of handgun OCers do not do what the decedent was doing, and there is ample evidence to suggest that, as a practical matter (if not a moral one), that makes all the difference. The slew of negative police encounters reported on this very forum indicate that, while police may often harass, intimidate, and unlawfully arrest/prosecute law-abiding OCers, they do not tend to shoot them.

The problem with police excess is mitigated for those of us who go out of our way to behave in such a way as to avoid police reaction. The problem with police excess is that folks shouldn't have to behave in such a fashion to avoid death. Folks ought to be free to make the occasional less-than-perfect decision, or once in a while forget that there's a trigger-happy cop around every corner.

The inability or unwillingness of the OP to recognize this distinction seriously impugns his credibility.
Quite well said, Marshall...except for that around every corner thing.
icon14.png

B

Bikenut

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Plan B
see post above yours

That post explains why you were here previously, not why you are wasting your time now.
He isn't wasting his time... he is spending his time presenting an anti gun message based in his own personal fears just like all anti gunners do.

Plan B.... please note the part of the following quote that I have underlined.

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/contemplate-the-mangled-bodies-of-your-countrymen/821904.html

[h=1]“Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen![/h]
Samuel Adams

FreeInAZ

he isn't wasting his time... He is spending his time presenting an anti gun message based in his own personal fears just like all anti gunners do.

Plan b.... Please note the part of the following quote that i have underlined.

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/contemplate-the-mangled-bodies-of-your-countrymen/821904.html

[h=1]“contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship and plough, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? if ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen![/h]
samuel adams

^^^this! +1,000,000,000,000,000,000!

Evil Creamsicle

bikenut said:
He isn't wasting his time... he is spending his time presenting an anti gun message based in his own personal fears just like all anti gunners do.

Spending your time presenting an anti-gun message based on personal fears to an audience of members on a forum predicated on the premise of gun rights activism seems to me to be synonymous with 'wasting your time', but I suppose to each their own.

+1

I noticed the OP ingnored your post due to the logic of the whole thing.

"Evil wins when good men remain silent"

In this case bowing to the media and antis by buying into their insane lies.

In this case Evil wins when Plan B remains silent :-D (kidding, kidding, was just amused by the play-on-words opportunity)