• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kline, anti-gunners unveil AWB legislation SB 6396

DEROS72

imported post

Does this help ?

Kline is chair and Kohl-Welles is a member. Other committee members are

[size= [url=http://www.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/Pages/carrell.aspx]Mike Carrell[/url]]
[size= [url=http://www.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/Pages/hargrove.aspx]James Hargrove[/url]]
[size= [url=http://www.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/Pages/roach.aspx]Pam Roach[/url]]
[size= [url=http://www.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/Pages/regala.aspx]Debbie Regala[/url]]
[size= [url=http://www.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/Pages/tom.aspx]Rodney Tom[/url]]
[size= [url=http://www.leg.wa.gov/Senate/Senators/Pages/mccaslin.aspx]Bob McCaslin[/url]]

[size= [url=https://dlr.leg.wa.gov/MemberEmail/Default.aspx?Chamber=S]Senate contact information[/url]for all members of the Washington State Senate.]

Nevermind Its the same as gogodawgs already posted ...sorry.

Just Us

imported post

SB6396 I believe has been in the works for a while, if I'm correct. Middle of last year nobody thought it would go anywhere but now it picked up momentum. If you also look at HR-45 (I believe),it kind of co-inside with the same aspect but I didn't think they had co-sponsor then. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I willalso be calling the reps.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Lammo wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
Well Lammo do you expect us to just give up and register our guns if this passes in hopes of a referendum.Give up our right to carry .They won't stop.They will not be inspecting my home without consequences.So you will comply untill an initiative is filed.????

And Eric I don't think anyone saw you on KOMO or cares ...not the issue.
Well DEROS, a man has to do what a man has to do. If you really want me to believe that you would actually shoot to kill a law enforcement officer just trying to do their job, so be it. Pretty easy to say on a message board but when it comes time for film at 11, not so much. Talk like that only gives the b@$t@rds the kind of ammunition they need to paint gun owners as crazy. I advocate reason and logic and working within the system to try to stop this monstrosity and you want to shoot the messenger. Nice.

Samual Adams wrote:

[align=left]
[align=left]The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.[/align]
[/align]

compmanio365

imported post

It is much like the aspect of a lawful self defense shooting......nobody in their right mind WANTS to shoot someone, even in self defense.....we'd all like to do everything we can to avoid that outcome....but sometimes the thug leaves you no choice but to defend yourself with lethal force. It's up to the thugs in Olympia on whether we are forced to defend our rights with lethal force......until that day comes, lets do everything we can to avoid that outcome, to be free of any claim that we didn't do everything we could to avoid that ending, should it come.

swatspyder

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Already found that, I'm using that form to email the reps for my district individually, but that's not quite practical to send to the whole legislature :what:

This is the full email list of the Washington State Representatives and Senators

alexander.gary@leg.wa.gov; anderson.glenn@leg.wa.gov; angel.jan@leg.wa.gov; appleton.sherry@leg.wa.gov; armstrong.mike@leg.wa.gov; bailey.barbara@leg.wa.gov; becker.randi@leg.wa.gov; benton.don@leg.wa.gov; berkey.jean@leg.wa.gov; blake.brian@leg.wa.gov; brandland.dale@leg.wa.gov; brown.lisa@leg.wa.gov; campbell.tom@leg.wa.gov; carlyle.reuven@leg.wa.gov; carrell.michael@leg.wa.gov; chandler.bruce@leg.wa.gov; chase.maralyn@leg.wa.gov; chopp.frank@leg.wa.gov; clibborn.judy@leg.wa.gov; cody.eileen@leg.wa.gov; condotta.cary@leg.wa.gov; conway.steve@leg.wa.gov; crouse.larry@leg.wa.gov; dammeier.bruce@leg.wa.gov; darneille.j@leg.wa.gov; debolt.richard@leg.wa.gov; delvin.jerome@leg.wa.gov; dickerson.marylou@leg.wa.gov; driscoll.john@leg.wa.gov; dunshee.hans@leg.wa.gov; eddy.deborah@leg.wa.gov; eide.tracey@leg.wa.gov; ericks.mark@leg.wa.gov; ericksen.doug@leg.wa.gov; wimpan.susan@leg.wa.gov; fairley.darlene@leg.wa.gov; finn.fred@leg.wa.gov; flannigan.dennis@leg.wa.gov; franklin.rosa@leg.wa.gov; fraser.karen@leg.wa.gov; goodman.roger@leg.wa.gov; green.tami@leg.wa.gov; haigh.kathy@leg.wa.gov; haler.larry@leg.wa.gov; hargrove.jim@leg.wa.gov; hasegawa.bob@leg.wa.gov; hatfield.brian@leg.wa.gov; haugen.marymargaret@leg.wa.gov; herrera.jaime@leg.wa.gov; hewitt.mike@leg.wa.gov; hinkle.bill@leg.wa.gov; hobbs.steve@leg.wa.gov; holmquist.janea@leg.wa.gov; honeyford.jim@leg.wa.gov; hope.mike@leg.wa.gov; hunt.sam@leg.wa.gov; hunter.ross@leg.wa.gov; hurst.christopher@leg.wa.gov; jacks.jim@leg.wa.gov; jacobsen.ken@leg.wa.gov; jarrett.fred@leg.wa.gov; johnson.norm@leg.wa.gov; kagi.ruth@leg.wa.gov; kastama.jim@leg.wa.gov; kauffman.claudia@leg.wa.gov; keiser.karen@leg.wa.gov; kelley.troy@leg.wa.gov; kenney.phyllis@leg.wa.gov; kessler.lynn@leg.wa.gov; kilmer.derek@leg.wa.gov; king.curtis@leg.wa.gov; kirby.steve@leg.wa.gov; kline.adam@leg.wa.gov; klippert.brad@leg.wa.gov; kohl-welles.jeanne@leg.wa.gov; kretz.joel@leg.wa.gov; kristiansen.dan@leg.wa.gov; liias.marko@leg.wa.gov; linville.kelli@leg.wa.gov; marr.chris@leg.wa.gov; maxwell.marcie@leg.wa.gov; mcauliffe.rosemary@leg.wa.gov; mccaslin.bob@leg.wa.gov; mccoy.john@leg.wa.gov; mccune.jim@leg.wa.gov; mcdermott.joe@leg.wa.gov; miloscia.mark@leg.wa.gov; moeller.jim@leg.wa.gov; morrell.dawn@leg.wa.gov; morris.jeff@leg.wa.gov; morton.bob@leg.wa.gov; murray.edward@leg.wa.gov; nealey.terry@leg.wa.gov; nelson.sharon@leg.wa.gov; obrien.al@leg.wa.gov; oemig.eric@leg.wa.gov; orcutt.ed@leg.wa.gov; ormsby.timm@leg.wa.gov; orwall.tina@leg.wa.gov; parker.kevin@leg.wa.gov; parlette.linda@leg.wa.gov; pearson.kirk@leg.wa.gov; pedersen.jamie@leg.wa.gov; pettigrew.eric@leg.wa.gov; pflug.cheryl@leg.wa.gov; prentice.margarita@leg.wa.gov; pridemore.craig@leg.wa.gov; priest.skip@leg.wa.gov; probst.tim@leg.wa.gov; quall.dave@leg.wa.gov; ranker.kevin@leg.wa.gov; regala.debbie@leg.wa.gov; roach.dan@leg.wa.gov; roach.pam@leg.wa.gov; roberts.maryhelen@leg.wa.gov; rockefeller.phil@leg.wa.gov; rodne.jay@leg.wa.gov; rolfes.christine@leg.wa.gov; ross.charles@leg.wa.gov; santos.sharontomiko@leg.wa.gov; schmick.joe@leg.wa.gov; schoesler.mark@leg.wa.gov; seaquist.larry@leg.wa.gov; sells.mike@leg.wa.gov; shea.matt@leg.wa.gov; sheldon.timothy@leg.wa.gov; shin.paull@leg.wa.gov; short.shelly@leg.wa.go; simpson.geoff@leg.wa.gov; smith.norma@leg.wa.gov; springer.larry@leg.wa.gov; stevens.val@leg.wa.gov; sullivan.pat@leg.wa.gov; swecker.dan@leg.wa.gov; takko.dean@leg.wa.gov; taylor.david@leg.wa.gov; tom.rodney@leg.wa.gov; upthegrove.dave@leg.wa.gov; vandewege.kevin@leg.wa.gov; wallace.deb@leg.wa.gov; walsh.maureen@leg.wa.gov; warnick.judy@leg.wa.gov; white.scott@leg.wa.gov; williams.brendan@leg.wa.gov; wood.alex@leg.wa.gov; zarelli.joseph@leg.wa.gov

:cool:

Jeff Hayes

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
It is much like the aspect of a lawful self defense shooting......nobody in their right mind WANTS to shoot someone, even in self defense.....we'd all like to do everything we can to avoid that outcome....but sometimes the thug leaves you no choice but to defend yourself with lethal force. It's up to the thugs in Olympia on whether we are forced to defend our rights with lethal force......until that day comes, lets do everything we can to avoid that outcome, to be free of any claim that we didn't do everything we could to avoid that ending, should it come.
+1

tai4de2

imported post

I received this reply from my state senator (Eric Oemig, 45th district):

In part, he said:

"You can count on me to protect responsible citizens' right to own and enjoy firearms. I swore to uphold the constitution -- the whole constitution."

I am very pleasantly surprised by his reply (he is a Seattle-area Democrat, so I was not sure what to expect). Clearly the bill's supporters don't even have the support of "their" own peeps.

Doesn't make the bill any less upsetting... but not sure how much a threat it is in real terms.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Your right Spam.For example the guy that did the shooting in Vegas 81 shots were fired by officers before they hit him.

Someone told me onece what that was.It isn't an M-60 I carried the 60 in Nam for a while and they are not that big.It is some Czek made 20 MM anti aircraft gun I believe.
It's a Lahti L39, from Finland. It's an anti-tank rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-39

As for the bill, I don't see it passing. If it does, I seriously doubt it would hold in court, given what the WA Constitution says, and also the warrantless search provision. This doesn't mean we should stop worrying, of course.

Johnny Law

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Lammo wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
Well Lammo do you expect us to just give up and register our guns if this passes in hopes of a referendum.Give up our right to carry .They won't stop.They will not be inspecting my home without consequences.So you will comply untill an initiative is filed.????

And Eric I don't think anyone saw you on KOMO or cares ...not the issue.
Well DEROS, a man has to do what a man has to do. If you really want me to believe that you would actually shoot to kill a law enforcement officer just trying to do their job, so be it. Pretty easy to say on a message board but when it comes time for film at 11, not so much. Talk like that only gives the b@$t@rds the kind of ammunition they need to paint gun owners as crazy. I advocate reason and logic and working within the system to try to stop this monstrosity and you want to shoot the messenger. Nice.
What are we supposed to do? Law enforcement officers *know* that their job is to protect the rights of citizens, not infringe upon them. Any guy that comes around to take guns away is no longer "just trying to do their job". I advocate reason and logic, too - by all means, we should work within the system to effect change. When they show up knocking in your door, it's too late for that. Would you really give up your rights to those people, or would you defend them with force? I don't know the answer to that, yet, and I'd really like to see more about what options we have under the law. Chances are, though, at least some of us will refuse them entry.

This entire bill is outrageous! Let me first say that there is no way in hell "inspections" will ever happen, even if for some crazy reason the bill passed. It is completely unworkable from a logistical standpoint, as there simply aren't enough Cops to do this in the first place (even if they were all willing). Secondly, noting the examples above of many peoples attitudes, every single "knock" would REQUIRE a SWAT team, just to be sure, and there are even less of those. Going in a house to "check to see if guns are stored properly"? (as if anyone would ever show them ALL to Police anyway). And what if no one answered the door?.......does it get forced, and trigger a potential gunfight?............this is too insane to ever come to pass.

If this is what the lawmakers want, I say let Kline and hisfellow politiciansdo the knocking!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I spoke with a lifelong friend of mine who is a Clark Co. Sherif Deputy and he just laughed at the though of violating the 4th Am. He said not on his watch, not a very safe endeavour.

DEROS72

imported post

I wish we could get some LE that would simply tell these idiots they won't enforce it.I have spoken to an officer that said basically the same thing and thinks it's about the dumbest idea yet.These people just have to be forced to stop.Now they want to ban spitting or smoking etc.They are out of control and have no business getting into our lives.We need to let them know in no uncertain terms that we don't answer to them .These people will not dictate what I can and can't do.Who the f..do they think they are.

From Dave Workmans artical today...

Besides spitting and smoking, the newly prohibited behaviors would include going into a restroom for the opposite sex, "sexual misconduct," possession of fireworks and other explosives, using flammable liquids and leaving packages and backpacks unattended. -- Seattle Times

Nathan9493

imported post

OK FOLKS...Help me out here. I am a newbie gun owner, but certainly consider myself a responsible one. I HAVE NEVER BECOME POLITICALLY involved in anything before. How do I go about contacting the appropriate people for my county(Kitsap)? I slept all the way thru this in school, and never cared about it til now. This bill scares the HELL out of me. I love my Glock, its become part of my life. I want to protect my 2A & 4A rights. Please don't pick on me for not being politically illiterate. Help me do my part.]:question:

joeroket

imported post

Nathan9493 wrote:
OK FOLKS...Help me out here. I am a newbie gun owner, but certainly consider myself a responsible one. I HAVE NEVER BECOME POLITICALLY involved in anything before. How do I go about contacting the appropriate people for my county(Kitsap)? I slept all the way thru this in school, and never cared about it til now. This bill scares the HELL out of me. I love my Glock, its become part of my life. I want to protect my 2A & 4A rights. Please don't pick on me for not being politically illiterate. Help me do my part.]:question:

Go to this link and fill in the info to find your reps.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Default.aspx

Tekman

imported post

Just emailed my reps. Hell I've emailed them so many times I'm damn near on a first name basis with them.

Down with the gun grabbers!!