• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

La. open carry walk, march etc???

estcrh

imported post

From the mouth of braf>>>>>>>

I'm asking about negative consequences of even having an event like this. OK, let me spell it out for you: In another post on this very thread, I infer that by putting a public face on OC (good or bad), the sheeple citizenry might ask their legislators to propose a change to our constitution that might effectively ban OC.
In other words..if we dare to use out right to open carry it might be taken away...sounds like scare tactics to me.....by putting a public face GOOD OR BAD??? Braf sounds just like an ANTI open carry activist trying to torpedo any nice friendly public get together. These are the exact same tactics used in the past...he is already trying to shift the conversation away from doing something positive.

barf

imported post

estcrh wrote:

I'm asking about negative consequences of even having an event like this. OK, let me spell it out for you: In another post on this very thread, I infer that by putting a public face on OC (good or bad), the sheeple citizenry might ask their legislators to propose a change to our constitution that might effectively ban OC.
In other words..if we dare to use out right to open carry it might be taken away...sounds like scare tactics to me.....by putting a public face GOOD OR BAD??? Braf sounds just like an ANTI open carry activist trying to torpedo any nice friendly public get together. These are the exact same tactics used in the past...he is already trying to shift the conversation away from doing something positive.
I'm attempting to have an open and honest discussion, something you clearly know nothing about.

estcrh

imported post

barf wrote:
estcrh wrote:

I'm attempting to have an open and honest discussion, something you clearly know nothing about.
I know an ANTI OPEN CARRY ACTIVIST when I smell one!!! Yea..your one of us!!! WHATEVER!!!

LA Confederate

imported post

I can assure you that barf is not against OC. His idea of the best way to go about it and promote it is different than yours is all. He is more cautious is all, and there is not a thing wrong with being cautions considering the current political climate in this country.

Slidell Jim

imported post

estcrh wrote:
barf wrote:
estcrh wrote:

I know an ANTI OPEN CARRY ACTIVIST when I smell one!!! Yea..your one of us!!! WHATEVER!!!

OMG !!! I just spit up a little in my mouth.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

YOU GUYS JUST CANT STOP, CAN YOU!!! Please, please stop the in-fighting, it makes many of us sick to our stomachs. It is counter productive, no matter what your position is, it makes this entire thread go down like the Titanic (except in flames)

estcrh

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
estcrh wrote:
barf wrote:
estcrh wrote:

OMG !!!  I just spit up a little in my mouth.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

YOU GUYS JUST CANT STOP, CAN YOU!!!  Please, please stop the in-fighting, it makes many of us sick to our stomachs.   It is counter productive, no matter what your position is, it makes this entire thread go down like the Titanic (except in flames)
Got to break some eggs to make an omelet..I hear a lot of talk on this forum but this is about ACTION and that takes some effort...either you have some constructive ideas that can be discussed and hashed out...or you have destructive ideas meant to stop any action from happening...if braf is REALLY concerned then he really should be involved just to help make sure that everything is covered that could cause a negative reaction, I think that would be GREAT. We all know his concerns and all so all KIDDING (sarcasm) aside ... braf!!! are you willing to help in this effort if you are satisfied that it will be done properly and professionally?? A simple yes or no will do. Its not a contract just an attempt to see if there is enough interest to actually do something. (sarcasm: a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.)

Slidell Jim

imported post

Ok I made it by Heritage Park in Slidell.
There is a large sign with an extensive list of prohibited items/activities. There is no mention of firearms. There is a "park security" office, but no one was home about 4pm this afternoon, I was going to stop in and chat a bit.

Notable rules that have been pondered in this thread:

-a permit is required for any special event, assemblage, entertainment, amplified sound, selling of merchandise, or solicitation.
-groups of over 50 persons must have a reservation/ contract from Parks and Recreation
-spacewalks must have a reservation/ contract (city liability)
-cooking or consumption of seafood must have a contract (city liability perhaps?)
- no glass bottles
-no pets, skates, skateboards, motorized vehicles

-no alcohol unless you have a contracted S.P.D. detail officer (I am opposed to guns & drinking anyhow)

estcrh

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
There is a large sign with an extensive list of prohibited items/activities.  There is no mention of firearms.   There is a "park security" office, but no one was home about 4pm this afternoon, I was going to stop in and chat a bit.

-a permit is required for any special event, assemblage, entertainment, amplified sound, selling of merchandise, or solicitation.
-groups of over 50 persons must have a reservation/ contract from Parks and Recreation
-cooking or consumption of seafood must have a contract (city liability perhaps?)
- no glass bottles

-no alcohol unless you have a contracted S.P.D. detail officer (I am opposed to guns & drinking anyhow)
I think that drinking should be out completely by anyone attending, even non carrying friends spouses etc. This will eliminate a major cause of problems and negative reactions. I hope everyone agrees to this and has no problem abstaining for a short period of time.

marrero jeff

imported post

we live close enough together that i'd be willing to do it somewhere on the west bank. let me know what kind of date yall have in mind since im working a TON of overtime and havent had a day off to carry in two weeks.

turbodog

imported post

estcrh wrote:
Slidell Jim wrote:
There is a large sign with an extensive list of prohibited items/activities. There is no mention of firearms. There is a "park security" office, but no one was home about 4pm this afternoon, I was going to stop in and chat a bit.

- no glass bottles

I think that drinking should be out completely by anyone attending, even non carrying friends spouses etc. This will eliminate a major cause of problems and negative reactions. I hope everyone agrees to this and has no problem abstaining for a short period of time.
I think that would be wise. No alcohol period. Would be especially good to prohibit if media is invited to cover the get together.

ManInBlack

imported post

I work for a company that rents inflatables, among other things. I could wrangle us a Space Walk for the kids if we put this thing together.

:celebrate

estcrh

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
There is a large sign with an extensive list of prohibited items/activities.  There is no mention of firearms.   There is a "park security" office, but no one was home about 4pm this afternoon, I was going to stop in and chat a bit.

- no glass bottles

Any luck here yet?