• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Laws of OC and a dog attack?

gunguy2009

imported post

Yes, The dog does have a recorded history of being Aggressive with the Janesville Police Dept.Aofficer I met duringa coupleof myOC trips from the Beloit Police Dept, is all for OC'ing.I'll will ask him what his opinion is on this situation, and let you guys know. But Regardless of what laws are broken or consequences I face, theyare better than watching the face and throat being removed from my Child!!! I agree pepper spray is a good idea for some situations, but when it comes to the life of my Child,a 180 grain PMC StarFire HollowPointat 985 fpsis guaranteed to halt the attack. A dog that I and everyone else (including the JPD)in the area KNOWS is Vicious, andit growls and lounges at her, It will be shot and killed immediately. Then I will Call the Police and have an Officer come, and explain my situation. I will also have everyone in the area come out and verify to the officer the temperment of the Dog, and Courts if needed.

Hillmann

imported post

I have no idea about the legality of it but I know of at least three women who were attacked by dogs as small children and will have the scars for the rest of their lives. I am sure everyone on here knows someone who was attacked by a dog. I would defiantly shoot if it came to that, but as several people have already said if you talk to the owner it shouldn't have to get that far; if that doesn't work file an official complaint with the PD. And then you wouldn't have to worry about the safety of all the children in the neighbor hood.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

If the dog is a nuisance animal, the owners should have been cited several times already.

Andhillmans statement that "everyone knows someone who was attacked by a dog"

Pretty inflamatory IMO, since I have never been attacked, nor do I know anyone else who has been attacked by a dog. I have had dogs charge me or bark at me while I was in their home territiory, but that show of agression has never advanced beyond just a few barks or a nicetoothy grin.

Hillmann

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Andhillmans statement that "everyone knows someone who was attacked by a dog"

Pretty inflamatory IMO, since I have never been attacked, nor do I know anyone else who has been attacked by a dog. I have had dogs charge me or bark at me while I was in their home territiory, but that show of agression has never advanced beyond just a few barks or a nicetoothy grin.

You seriously don't know anyone who was attacked by a dog as a young child.

My mom had scars on her face from one, my wife has scars on her face from one, a girl I just met this weekend has scars on her face and hands from one, and my niece was bit on the face by a dog last summer, it was minor and didn't do much more than break the skin but that was just luck and that her dad was right their and kicked him away. Maybe I just know unusual people then.

I also didn't say everyone was attacked by a dog as a child I said everyone KNOWS someone who was bitten by a dog. And If you don't know someone who was then you probabley aren't paying attention or are to polite to ask about the scars.

lance galloway

imported post

While I was making a delivery last year a dog attacked me I put my hand out to stop the dog as the dog was jumping at so he got just my hand. Lucky for me the dogs owner got tothe dog befor he could bite me more. If the owner was not their I don't know what I would have done. Oh wait I know call 911 and wait for the police to come and shoot the dog :lol::lol::lol:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
It was ever only unsettled for the unprincipled moderates among us. It's a dog, like a racoon or a rat rather than a human, like a fetus or a granny.
Wow, where are your logical principles? Dog, raccoons, rats and humans ALL have fetuses and grandmothers.

Not sure what point you're attempting to make Doug, but it appears that you're trying to indicate some distinction between dogs and humans that gives one moral or natural rights and not the other. Good luck with that... impossible... endeavor.

Tomahawk

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Not sure what point you're attempting to make Doug, but it appears that you're trying to indicate some distinction between dogs and humans that gives one moral or natural rights and not the other. Good luck with that... impossible... endeavor.

Well, yeah. Do dogs have the right to keep and bear arms? The right to free speech? The right to own property? If not, why not? Maybe we should elect a dog as the next president. I nominate Goofy.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Well, yeah. Do dogs have the right to keep and bear arms? The right to free speech? The right to own property? If not, why not? Maybe we should elect a dog as the next president. I nominate Goofy.
Speciest! What, a chimpanzee isn't good enough for you?

But thanks and I appreciate that you are four hours ahead of Henry.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Shotgun wrote:

Well some people may argue that such an election has already taken place in the past. No, dogs don't have those rights. I doubt they would want them, since only humans seem view the universe through the tint of moralic glass.

They're political rights and dogs don't have them because they haven't been granted them. If they do have those rights, as moral rights, or were to be granted them as political rights, it would be an academic exercise since they're ability to exercise the right is rather limited. It would be as if we said we have the right to listen to certain ultrasonic frequencies--- wouldn't mean much unless you happen to be a dog, cat, bat.... Have you ever seen the movie the Life of Brian? Eric Idle's character says he wants to have a baby. His group finally decides that even though he can't have one-- through no fault of his own-- he has the right to have one. Brilliant. And I don't mean that sarcastically.

But we could certainly grant or acknowledge the right to free speech, to vote, and to bear arms to newborns, couldn't we? Wouldn't have any practical effect then either, would it? The fact is all types of animals, humans included, enjoy their own abilities. You can't see in the dark as well as a cat or outrun a cheetah, but you can probably play checkers better than a penguin. I think humans simply give greater worth to humankind because we're biased in favor of our own species. Nothing wrong with that-- as long as we realize that's all it really is. Anyone who keeps company with a cat realizes they feel the same way about themselves... and they don't conceal it.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Shotgun wrote:

Well some people may argue that such an election has already taken place in the past. No, dogs don't have those rights. I doubt they would want them, since only humans seem view the universe through the tint of moralic glass.

They're political rights and dogs don't have them because they haven't been granted them. If they do have those rights, as moral rights, or were to be granted them as political rights, it would be an academic exercise since they're ability to exercise the right is rather limited. It would be as if we said we have the right to listen to certain ultrasonic frequencies--- wouldn't mean much unless you happen to be a dog, cat, bat.... Have you ever seen the movie the Life of Brian? Eric Idle's character says he wants to have a baby. His group finally decides that even though he can't have one-- through no fault of his own-- he has the right to have one. Brilliant. And I don't mean that sarcastically.

But we could certainly grant or acknowledge the right to free speech, to vote, and to bear arms to newborns, couldn't we? Wouldn't have any practical effect then either, would it? The fact is all types of animals, humans included, enjoy their own abilities. You can't see in the dark as well as a cat or outrun a cheetah, but you can probably play checkers better than a penguin. I think humans simply give greater worth to humankind because we're biased in favor of our own species. Nothing wrong with that-- as long as we realize that's all it really is. Anyone who keeps company with a cat realizes they feel the same way about themselves... and they don't conceal it.

Tomahawk

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Shotgun wrote:

Natural rights are....[sigh]

....you know what? Never mind. If you think dogs have rights, then I guess it must be so.

AaronS

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Shotgun wrote:

Natural rights are....[sigh]

....you know what? Never mind. If you think dogs have rights, then I guess it must be so.

Kick a cop dog, and you will see what rights it has.

Cop comes in a house, and shoots your dog on sight, nothing happens to him. Cops comes in your house and you shoot his dog, you go to jail for cop killing...