• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawsuit for National Open Carry Handgun Filed in DC

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

cato wrote:
"Now available in paperback andin 600 words or less 'How to win friends and influence people' by DH."

DH, I hope you win your endosement. Really I do.
:celebrateROFLMAO! Now why didn't I think of that!

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

Deepdiver,

If people are too lazy to check the Table of Contents instead of begging to be spoon-fed with an Abstract then I have no sympathies for them. It took me 6 years to acquire a layman's expertise and the same 6 years of fighting corrupt judges to write that 600-page lawsuit. The least that people can do is spend 10 minutes reading through the Table of Contents.

Singed: Don Hamrick

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sadly, I give up. Don, you are so caught up in what you went through and what you did that you can't see the forest for the trees. You don't see that you have made broad insulting comments. That you have in a matter of days alienated hundreds of people from whom you very well may have been able to win support.

Can you see an author going on talk show publicity circuit and when asked what the the book is about, saying, "I spent 6 years writing this book! I poured my heart and soul into it!! You want to know what the book is about you are going to have to buy it and read. Your audience is just lazy if they want me to tell them what this book is about!! If the idiots aren't willing to at least go to the book store and read the introduction page then they don't deserve to know. " He would be thrown off the program and the now insulted audience wouldn't buy a single copy of his book.

Pick up a technical or trade publication such as a journal from the APA, AMA, ABA, and you will see very scholarly, in depth works, some of which write up years of research by people who spent at least as long as you did getting a formal education and doing internships to write those works. And you know what? Nearly every single one of those scholarly works, court judgments, research studies, etc., especially one that is hundreds of pages long, has an abstract at the beginning.

If you pick up an MLA or APA style book which are generally the accepted styles for scholarly or technical works, part of the requirement is to write a 1-3 page abstract of the work. In other words, what we have asked you to do is something that is demanded of every writer in nearly every field who is writing such a copious scholarly/technical work. The style books do not say that you are exempt from writing an abstract if you spent more than 5 years learning and working on your paper, or that you are exempt if you got butt-hurt over some jerks on the internet.

I'm sorry you are so angry, Don. I'm sorry that you got grief from apparently a lot of people in a lot of different gun forums. I'm sorry that you can't see that at least in this case, you brought a lot of it upon yourself through your attitude (and I'm guessing you were not an innocent bystander in all the other cases as well). You may have a helluva a law suit and you obivously spent a lot of time researching and writing it. Your hard efforts are apparent in the petition. Unfortunately, you have alienated many members of yet another forum to the point of not caring beyond wishing you the best and hoping that your concepts win some tractions. It's sad that you seem to not understand how to win support for your hard work and efforts.

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

Deepdiver,

Forest for the Trees? Give me a break! You are so focused on me that you refuse to read my lawsuit objectively. "KEEP IT SIMPLE!"

My lawsuit is for the Ninth Amendment right to openly keep and bear arms in intrastate, interstate and maritime travel, a derivative right under the Second Amendment. In other words, National Open Carry Handgun.

All this other crap about me is designed to hide my Second Amendment case from the People.

It is NOT about me! It is about the Second Amendment!

STOP OBSESSING ABOUT ME!!

You and those who have attacked me apparently need therapy for OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

donhamrick wrote:
Deepdiver,

Forest for the Trees? Give me a break! You are so focused on me that you refuse to read my lawsuit objectively. "KEEP IT SIMPLE!"

My lawsuit is for the Ninth Amendment right to openly keep and bear arms in intrastate, interstate and maritime travel, a derivative right under the Second Amendment. In other words, National Open Carry Handgun.

All this other crap about me is designed to hide my Second Amendment case from the People.

It is NOT about me! It is about the Second Amendment!

STOP OBSESSING ABOUT ME!!

You and those who have attacked me apparently need therapy for OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
*SIGH*

That's what I'm talking about, Don. I said nothing negative about your lawsuit, but rather noted that your hard work and effort is apparent in the petition. I'm one of the people who read enough of your lawsuit to have an understanding of what you are doing, n'est-ce pas?

None of us have any interest in hiding your lawsuit from the people. Actually, from what I have seen thus far, the only thing hiding this lawsuit from the people is your attitude, which is regretful. All that hard work and effort on your part and your rabid personality and refusal to read>comprehend>post but rather retreating to paranoia at the first sign of constructive criticism is what will keep your efforts from the people. Sorry to see that happen, Don. I wish you luck on many levels.

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

Just read the damn lawsuit and STOP talking about ME!

I am not the focus of the lawsuit!

Criticizing me will do nothing for the Second Amendment!

mjones

imported post

donhamrick wrote:
Just read the damn lawsuit and STOP talking about ME!

I am not the focus of the lawsuit!

Criticizing me will do nothing for the Second Amendment!

Don, people aren't talking ABOUT you, they're talking TO you...believe it or not 99.9% of what you feel is persecution is in actuality a desire to help you.

You are most certainly not the focus of the lawsuit but you are most definitely the front-man for it. Whether you like it or not, what people think of you directly influences peoples perception of the claims made in your lawsuit.

The criticisms people have made to you on this board with regard to your case is precisely because they want you to succeed.

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

I don't need any help! The job is already done!

This is asituation of too manychefs in the kitchen giving advice to the head chef. Get the hell out of my kitchen! Go back to your tables and enjoy the meal I prepared for you!

TRANSLATED: Read the damn lawsuit! You can't change a thing about it. It is a matter of court record now. Live with it. I did it on my own for 6 years.

If you people really want to help me you can put your money where your mouth is, or in this case, where your fingers are and donate money to me. SHOW ME THE MONEY!

HOORAH! Watch them all run for the hills now that the word money was mentioned!