• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

sidestreet

Couldn't find you a "Philadelphia Lawyer"...,

So I did the next best thing I could do..., I sent "Ben Franklin" via one of his own inventions just a few minutes ago. There may be a few other "Ex-Presidents" and "Founding Fathers" running around here just looking to jump into the fray, I'll let you know. Looks like that bonus check was right on time!

Sorry for joining in so late, I haven't been to the site in a few days, and just read this thread this morning.

Just know this Skid, we are with you, and determined..., and a huge thanks to all who have come to his aid, he is worthy!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Curmudgeon

^^

8 AM in General District Court January 4th, 2011.

Be prepared to sit & wait. As far as I know there are no snack or soda machines in the building, but truth be told I did not go looking.

stay safe.

LOL... someone should contact a local "lunch wagon" like the kind you often see at job sites, have them set up outside serving hot coffee, breakfast, and lunch items. Bet it would make some serious cash and all the "visitors" would appreciate it.

A win-win scenario! :banana:

happybucklander

Countersuit is appropriate

Time to file counter charges of filing a false report against the supervisor and the deputy. NEVER give an ahole a free shot. Always counter punch.

:mad::mad:

Yes, countersuit is definitely in order. Defamation of character against the contractor, and falsification of charges against the county (Sheriff).

His state legislator should be contacted and the contractor in question named.

Those that actually know him, will need to stand as character witnesses, because the brandishing is a "my word versus his word" kind of thing. The supervisor is now in a trap where he will lie to keep employed, I"ll bet

sidestreet

Hey Sheriff!

Good to see your post again, I've always enjoyed them. I'm not from your area, but I do belong to RRPC, and teach some classes there. Hope I can meet you some day. Thanks for supporting Skid, he is worthy! He's in front and rear, and on both sides of our side for gun rights, and if you ever meet him, you'll know he's an "all around" kind of great guy, sorry Skid, couldn't resist that one, feel the luv, brotha!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

jasmac01

Heard about this from the VA Alert,:cuss:
God bless you Skidmark sent you some help via PP,

J

Repeater

General District Court: a court not of record

^^

Be prepared to sit & wait. As far as I know there are no snack or soda machines in the building, but truth be told I did not go looking.

stay safe.

Long ago, a 'General District Court' meant a 'Court not of record' -- I hope there is a court reporter who will transcribe everything that is said in this case. For future reference.

Also, the Rules of Discovery in such a court could be better. The General Assembly would need to help on that.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Long ago, a 'General District Court' meant a 'Court not of record' -- I hope there is a court reporter who will transcribe everything that is said in this case. For future reference.

Also, the Rules of Discovery in such a court could be better. The General Assembly would need to help on that.
They really need some help with this court. More on that later:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
^^

stay safe.

There are snack and soda machines outside the security check point (metal detector) and seating will be limited, but if necessary I will be part of the SRO crowd wherever I am permitted to stand - inside or out, rain or shine.

If outside,I wonder if I will be asked to prove ownership of any of my tools or to produce my operator's permit? :lol: Must remember is it OK to point or not? Guess I'll have to wait and find out.

Do you think I would comply with a request to sign in if I am one of the lucky ones inside? :uhoh: Sorry, I couldn't resist it - the latter hasn't even been mentioned.

StumpGunner

Well at least one good thing has come of this

I've not been much of joiner, although I read VCDL's alerts religiously. When I came across Skidmark's story, I followed the link to this site, registered, and just became an activist.

Skidmark, I don't know you personally, but my PayPal donation is on its way, and good luck to you.

To all others, howdy, and its good to be here...

swinokur

Activist Member
There are snack and soda machines outside the security check point (metal detector) and seating will be limited, but if necessary I will be part of the SRO crowd wherever I am permitted to stand - inside or out, rain or shine.

If outside,I wonder if I will be asked to prove ownership of any of my tools or to produce my operator's permit? :lol: Must remember is it OK to point or not? Guess I'll have to wait and find out.

Do you think I would comply with a request to sign in if I am one of the lucky ones inside? :uhoh: Sorry, I couldn't resist it - the latter hasn't even been mentioned.

All fingers to be holstered at all times.

:banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've not been much of joiner, although I read VCDL's alerts religiously. When I came across Skidmark's story, I followed the link to this site, registered, and just became an activist.

Skidmark, I don't know you personally, but my PayPal donation is on its way, and good luck to you.

To all others, howdy, and its good to be here...

Howdy!

TFred

I've not been much of joiner...
Welcome.

I was thinking about posting something on this, then hesitated for fear of the sidetrack, but now that you mention it so specifically...

To all, and especially to Skidmark:

Take a look back through this thread, noting the significant number of posters with 1 or just a few posts. As time goes by of course, those 1s may now be 5s, 10s, etc... Whether they were lurkers who finally decided to join, or former strangers who were directed here for the very first time, it makes me smile to see all these new low numbers.

No matter what happens in court on or after January 4th, we can all give Skidmark his well-deserved title of OCDO Recruiter of the Year!

:)

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome.

I was thinking about posting something on this, then hesitated for fear of the sidetrack, but now that you mention it so specifically...

To all, and especially to Skidmark:

Take a look back through this thread, noting the significant number of posters with 1 or just a few posts. As time goes by of course, those 1s may now be 5s, 10s, etc... Whether they were lurkers who finally decided to join, or former strangers who were directed here for the very first time, it makes me smile to see all these new low numbers.

No matter what happens in court on or after January 4th, we can all give Skidmark his well-deserved title of OCDO Recruiter of the Year!

:)

TFred

I have been noticing TFred. It is a little awe inspiring!
I see an OC lunch in Surry again.

GWbiker

What happened to Skidmark is outrageous. A sizable check via snail mail on the way from free state of Arizona.