• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
Oh how I wish I could be there on 4 January. At any rate I just paypalled a donation so I can join the fight. Give em' hell Skid.

user

Accomplished Advocate
My contribution at the present time will be my attorney's name to Skidmark when we get to that point (for the lawsuits of course).

At no time has my attorney lost any request, motion, ruling or lawsuit.... having represented me for the last 13 years against 3 police departments and 7 police officers so far.

Now, let me review what I have learned in this thread so far. Arrested, humilated and embarrassed beyond belief, with an offer of dropping all charges if Skidmark promises not to sue anybody involved? Yeah, my attorney would love this case!!!!

Actually it was Paul's offer to the C/w: dismissal in exchange for waiver of civil liability. That offer was rejected by Mr. Poindexter. He thought we were "threatening him". I told him that, no, we were simply making an offer to settle civil claims. (There is a news blog that has that backwards.)

I'd like to know who that attorney is, myself. I've lost some, though, unlike your attorney - though I can't think of when the last one was. 1992, I think. But I can always use all the help I can get, particularly from someone who understands trials. So many of the lawyers who purport to practice in my area of law are "plea bargain factories".

Oh, and as to the amount of the fund - please keep in mind that the General District Court is extremely unpredictable, and the judges vary enormously. An appeal to the Circuit Court is not unlikely, which is one reason I'll have a court reporter present. And for further appeals, if necessary. One problem with having clients who are actually not guilty of what they're charged with is that the costs of litigation go up, because it's a whole lot more work to actually try cases than to simply plead somebody up in exchange for what's in the box that Carol is now holding - oh, I was thinking of an old tv game show - I meant whatever is behind the curtain that the Commonwealth's Attorney is standing in front of.

Last edited:

sultan62

Clicking this button will send PayPal to the fund the OP talked about. Feel free to "quote" the button so it remains prominent in the thread.

Bumping it up. Snail mail donation method in original post.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wow!!!

I've been away from the computer almost all day and come back to 15,248 views and 12 pages of posts and yes I am keeping up with them all.

At this rate we will have more views of this one thread than there are "members" on OCDO and that in itself is no small number. Will let you know when that happens and in what number of days - just goes to demonstrate how the word is spreading and how quickly. Great effort and wonderful response.

Welcome to all of the new people and thanks too for jumping into this with new energy.

More later as I get caught up on reading and digesting all that happened today.

lapeer20m

Money on it's way from the great state of Michigan.

I wish I could attend in January but the distance is too great. The money I would spend on the trip could be better used if donated directly to skid. I always try to attend Michigan cases involving oc ers.

Good luck and Give em hell!!!

Last edited:

shade_1313

Hey, never been to this forum before. I'm a lifer over at ARFCOM, where this thread got a little publicity, and dropped a c-note into the pot. Give 'em hell!

armedandsafe

Welcome.

I was thinking about posting something on this, then hesitated for fear of the sidetrack, but now that you mention it so specifically...

To all, and especially to Skidmark:

Take a look back through this thread, noting the significant number of posters with 1 or just a few posts. As time goes by of course, those 1s may now be 5s, 10s, etc... Whether they were lurkers who finally decided to join, or former strangers who were directed here for the very first time, it makes me smile to see all these new low numbers.

No matter what happens in court on or after January 4th, we can all give Skidmark his well-deserved title of OCDO Recruiter of the Year!

:)

TFred

With the number of adjacent fora to which this information and link has been sent, I'm not at all surprised.

Pops

BugDude

I posted a link

I posted a link on my regular forum, defensivecarry.com this evening. I posted here a while back for the first time and visit some. I received word of this today from my VCDL Alert and have been flabbergasted. This is a huge injustice that impacts us all. My donation is coming. I'll keep following and keep spreading the word. I hope all ends well.

IANAL but I struggle to see how this could hold up. Seems like a harrassment strategy for retribution to me from the security company supervisor and the officers that responded that also work for said security company and supervisor when off duty. It just smells of a "we'll show you" scheme.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey, never been to this forum before. I'm a lifer over at ARFCOM, where this thread got a little publicity, and dropped a c-note into the pot. Give 'em hell!

I posted a link on my regular forum, defensivecarry.com this evening. I posted here a while back for the first time and visit some. I received word of this today from my VCDL Alert and have been flabbergasted. This is a huge injustice that impacts us all. My donation is coming. I'll keep following and keep spreading the word. I hope all ends well.

Not singling anyone or two out for special appreciation, though each and everyone of you deserve it. Rather attempting to highlight these as examples of how sharing and cross-posting can help to spread the word.

The rumble and the roar from this group is palatable, it is the real thing.

Just finished acknowledging received and pending funds through 12/7 from PayPal.
Good showing.

Last edited: