• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO gave me a ticket...

sudden valley gunner

That won't fly Rob, but as soon as I get the bill for the transcript, I'll let you know. That will be pretty close to the amount you have pledged.

Sounds good, I just cashed the check 2 days ago, (open carrying of course). So I'll tuck the money aside. I don't have a bank account, but we'll work it out.

jt59

I still haven't received any word from Josh on how HE wants this handled. :(

I'm willing to send my money directly to Drew as coasts come up, but it just seems like a very chaotic way to handle financing his appeal.

Just sayin...

Hmmm, maybe an organization that is local to WA and committed to the common defense of 2A issues of gun ownership that has a dedicated account, would facilitate the donation based on trusted methods and documentation review of receipts, management and distribution of funding requests that have accountablility (and "accounts") subject to review upon request.

...any one individual gathering up funding support for the TPCSD Starbucks case?...I have a donation I'd like to give for that too....

....Just sayin..

Last edited:

w07rolla

Please let us know how to contribute to your new defense fund once you have it worked out.

Of all the things we need "organization" for in this state, is a common defense foundation for cases such as yours. Until then, I will keep sending my check where needed.

Alright, well.... I will wait for Josh to get back to me or to make his wishes known on how he wants to handle donations to his appeal.

Josh must not be to concerned or off on a long trip? has not posted since 11-14-2010 03:47 PM

Hello, sorry for being away for so long, I have been a little busy and distracted from this case. I recently started classes again and have finally got some free time to sit down and do something other than hw.

As far as donations, I am not sure, what do people think would be the best idea? Paypal, checks? I have a paypal account, but not everyone does and would need to create one in order to donate.

Josh

BigRed

Hello, sorry for being away for so long, I have been a little busy and distracted from this case. I recently started classes again and have finally got some free time to sit down and do something other than hw.

As far as donations, I am not sure, what do people think would be the best idea? Paypal, checks? I have a paypal account, but not everyone does and would need to create one in order to donate.

Josh
wow, this forum is great. i love how everyone is willing to help support each other in fighting cases like this.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
This would work, too, if someone was willing and trusted to act as a trustee. Then that person could hold the funds, and I could submit bills for costs as I incur them. This would actually be preferable, but it would involve an additional individual, and I have no suggestions; maybe one of the elders on here could volunteer.

WashingtonGunRights@gmail.com is registered with paypal. I use it to receive funds for the pamphlets and other gun rights stuff as needed. I can add a user if need be to the account so funds can be moved for Josh's case. Let me know.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What is paypal's cut?

Set up your account at the bank and have all PayPal transactions sent to you noted as Gift. PayPal takes no cut from those transactions. Just remind folks sending $$ to you to click the Gift button instead of the merchandice button.

stay safe.

FMCDH

Set up your account at the bank and have all PayPal transactions sent to you noted as Gift. PayPal takes no cut from those transactions. Just remind folks sending $$ to you to click the Gift button instead of the merchandice button.

stay safe.

Excellent to know, thx! :)

So, I guess the next logical question would be, why isn't Josh collecting for his own defense if its that easy?

olypendrew

I want to publicly acknowledge Rob Stratton's extremely generous gift of $560, which paid for the transcript of Josh's trial. Rob walks the walk, talks the talk, and puts his money where his mouth is. That makes him a hero, in my eyes.

w07rolla

Got the 'bill' Drew I will send within the next couple of days.

I want to publicly acknowledge Rob Stratton's extremely generous gift of $560, which paid for the transcript of Josh's trial. Rob walks the walk, talks the talk, and puts his money where his mouth is. That makes him a hero, in my eyes.

Yes Rob, thank you for your generous support, thank you very much. That is a lot of support!

Excellent to know, thx! :)

So, I guess the next logical question would be, why isn't Josh collecting for his own defense if its that easy?

I tried to start one a while back was unsure how people wanted to go about doing it. I have a paypal account if people would like to gift some money to the fund.

FMCDH

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

Yes Rob, thank you for your generous support, thank you very much. That is a lot of support!

I tried to start one a while back was unsure how people wanted to go about doing it. I have a paypal account if people would like to gift some money to the fund.

i cant understand why you or your lawyer cant make a decision
to post an address or an account of some kind, with directions
so that we can put up or shut up about supporting your case!
i have a check and a stamp, now i need an address! its really just that easy!
i have wanted to donate, but cant, until you make some arrangements!
GET ON IT!!!

Last edited:

1245A Defender

and,,,

the more i think about it the madder i get!
i dont know how rob was able to make the donation that paid for the transcripts,
but he should not have had to pay for all of that by himself.
their are many of us that wish to help you through this,
but were not given the chance.
rob must have had an inside route to donate, and an inside cost to cover.
this could have been 12 of us donating 50 bucks each to cover that expense.
once you can establish a route for donations to your cause
i want to repay rob!
he has helped your case in a disproportionate rate of donation.
WE can ALL donate a REASONABLE amount,
no one should be allowed to be the only one to over extend their finances,
just because they had the inside info.

talk to us, were your support network!

this message has been voted on and cleared by the washington state open carry
legal support network inner council of directors and administrators.

amlevin

the more i think about it the madder i get!
i dont know how rob was able to make the donation that paid for the transcripts,
but he should not have had to pay for all of that by himself.
their are many of us that wish to help you through this,
but were not given the chance.
rob must have had an inside route to donate, and an inside cost to cover.
this could have been 12 of us donating 50 bucks each to cover that expense.
once you can establish a route for donations to your cause
i want to repay rob!
he has helped your case in a disproportionate rate of donation.
WE can ALL donate a REASONABLE amount,
no one should be allowed to be the only one to over extend their finances,
just because they had the inside info.

talk to us, were your support network!

this message has been voted on and cleared by the washington state open carry
legal support network inner council of directors and administrators.

This all kind of supports my contention that "Grass Roots" is fine but a "Formal Organization" can solve issues like this. An organization can have a bank account to receive funds that would assist in the defense of those wrongly charged while carrying. Would make a lot more sense than a "Defense Fund" set up for each and every individual case.

sudden valley gunner

Don't worry guys the longer this case goes on the more money they will need more and you'll get your chance. I sorta did have an inside track though since Drew represented my illegal arrest, detention, harassment being threatened by those LEO (who are all quickly weeded out and are not like that).

I had pledged my proceedings to the cause before, I even received the money, which will only cover a portion of Josh's fight. So I think Drew is simply using up that available money first before using or asking for what will be needed soon.

I also feel Drew being the up standing guy he is, is not looking at this case to make a ton of cash off the cause, even though hopefully he and Josh will get their due compensation. By these folks in yet another isolated incident by LEO who are not like this.

Last edited: