• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO gave me a ticket...

sudden valley gunner

Too bad he couldn't find a good enough lawyer to present the law as the law.

That wasn't the problem.

The problem are the cops, who don't know the law.

The prosecutor and judges who don't care about the law and construe it to mean something to fit their agenda.

An improperly informed jury that is not not they have a duty to judge the law and are convinced by the theatrics of a prosecutor that somehow innocent actions are against the law.

They ignored the fact their were no victims, ignored actus reus and mens rea.

Our justice system is not interested in "justice".

amlevin

That wasn't the problem.

The problem are the cops, who don't know the law.

The prosecutor and judges who don't care about the law and construe it to mean something to fit their agenda.

An improperly informed jury that is not not they have a duty to judge the law and are convinced by the theatrics of a prosecutor that somehow innocent actions are against the law.

They ignored the fact their were no victims, ignored actus reus and mens rea.

Our justice system is not interested in "justice".

So you're implying that they're all corrupt? From cop all the way up to the appeals court? That's a lot of people to be involved in a "conspiracy".

Freedom1Man

So you're implying that they're all corrupt? From cop all the way up to the appeals court? That's a lot of people to be involved in a "conspiracy".

I violated rule 6 for telling that same truth. That judges and cops are corrupt. I even have a list of names that I would be happy to share. I just need to find my note book, or call up my buddy who has a list also.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Has anyone actually seen the case filings presented of this incident?
No one has seen the originl trail.
Even though suddenvallygunner paid "out of his own pocket" for the transcripts of the appeal of the case
they still have not been released.
I am very dissapointed.
I have bitched to the orignal lawyer,
I have bitched to his appeal lawyer.

This case could not be any more fjucked up,,,, It is just Fujcked up beond all thoughtlessness!!!

sudden valley gunner

With the facts we have at hand, without the existing collusion from the bottom to the top, their would have been no conviction. It isn't a "conspiracy" they openly do this.

What is your explanation? That they followed the law? That there was no cooperation between these departments? How about the rule of lenity? How about the common right legal system they were founded upon?

Victim, Actus reus, mens rea, were the jury instructed they were to judge the law too? The one they were convinced was broken because someone got "scared".

No one has seen the originl trail.
Even though suddenvallygunner paid "out of his own pocket" for the transcripts of the appeal of the case
they still have not been released.
I am very dissapointed.
I have bitched to the orignal lawyer,
I have bitched to his appeal lawyer.

This case could not be any more fjucked up,,,, It is just Fujcked up beond all thoughtlessness!!!

I didn't pay for the transcripts, I donated most of my legal settlement from the illegal actions of my local PD to this case.

I don't need the transcripts I consider Drew a friend and trust what he says.

I do agree the whole thing is "F'ed".

Last edited:

FMCDH

Corruption at every level isn't required, and is actually quite unlikely.

That being said, there are many other failures of character and process that contributed to Josh being found guilty, to include, but not limited to, hubris, apathy, lack of understanding of the law, and fear.

You may assign factors as you see fit to each party involved, but the point is that it was a perfect mix of these that created the travesty of justice that Josh was forced to go through.

Even without seeing the transcripts, I know two facts that tell me just about everything I need to know about Josh's "guilt".

1. The LEOs that cited Josh thought he was SUCH a danger to the public that they didn't arrest or even disarm him. This tells me they cited him not because he was a danger to anyone, but because they wanted him to just go away. Should he have? If so, maybe we all should.

2. The original judge that heard the case thought Josh was SUCH a danger to others that he threw it out.

Did the jury of mostly "gun owners" know and understand the purpose of the law under which Josh was convicted? Based upon my own conversations with your "average gun owner", probably not. Not when well over half believe that 9.41.270 makes it "technically" illegal to OC, and most of the rest have never even heard of it.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Corruption at every level isn't required, and is actually quite unlikely.

That being said, there are many other failures of character and process that contributed to Josh being found guilty, to include, but not limited to, hubris, apathy, lack of understanding of the law, and fear.

You may assign factors as you see fit to each party involved, but the point is that it was a perfect mix of these that created the travesty of justice that Josh was forced to go through.

Even without seeing the transcripts, I know two facts that tell me just about everything I need to know about Josh's "guilt".

1. The LEOs that cited Josh thought he was SUCH a danger to the public that they didn't arrest or even disarm him. This tells me they cited him not because he was a danger to anyone, but because they wanted him to just go away. Should he have? If so, maybe we all should.

2. The original judge that heard the case thought Josh was SUCH a danger to others that he threw it out.

Did the jury of mostly "gun owners" know and understand the purpose of the law under which Josh was convicted? Based upon my own conversations with your "average gun owner", probably not. Not when well over half believe that 9.41.270 makes it "technically" illegal to OC, and most of the rest have never even heard of it.

+1 The fact he was let go and then the case thrown out shows that the aspects of a crime being committed were not present, this was nothing but bullying by those in "authority".