• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharleyMarbles

Nope, man, you're not (although most of the cops I've known that posted on this forum are pretty discouraged with the anti-cop venom routinely displayed hereabouts, hence aren't active posters anymore). There are some really good folks I know on this board (quite a few in the South/West Puget Sound region) but seems sometimes the ones that make the most noise have the biggest axes to grind when it comes to any "discussion" involving law enforcement ...

I have to ask Bo if that is directed at me? I think I have been very fair in my posting and respectful? If not please by all means help me get it right as I have stated many times I am NOT anti-LEO and don't want to come across as such.

Ronmanci if I have come across as not being supportive of LEO let me know? I don't want to seam as if I am anything but an American who is trying to do the right things and willing to objectivly discuss the facts of a discussion?

Bo

Another forum-bashing exaggerator.
Again, the guy from Virginia muscles into the Washington forum to make derogatory comments. Sigh.

CharleyMarbles, no, not directed at you ... just a select few of the WA state guys ...

Last edited:

jarhead1911A

I have a family to feed just like everyone else. I can't quit my job and start over as a security guard and still expect to be able to send my three kids to college. Its just a job, and enforcing the laws that the politicians make is just my job description. That is the extent of the LEO's role. Your anger is misplaced. Like I stated before, the folks making all these dumb laws are being elected. You should blame the politicians or maybe even the voters. Im just doing my job. A lot of folks have jobs they don't love, but they have obligations, and they have pride, so they do what they have to.

What just sets me off the most about some leo's is that they think that because they have a badge and a gun they are better than me or anyone else for that matter. And before anyone blasts me im not saying ALL LEO'S are like this, I know a few on a personal level and they are great people and id step infront of a bullet for any 1 of them but there comes a time when LEO'S like elected officals need to be removed from a position of power. Anyone here thats been here long enough will remember my run in with PPD a few years ago. I was very upset at the uniform when i should have been livid with the idiot wearing it.

The point is that i had to grow as a person to place responibility were it needed to be and not the first cop i saw.

I see far to many LEO'S breaking the law because they think that no one will touch them. I remember watching something on tv awhile back about "jimmy justice"? i think that was his name anyway i loved how he pointed out all the BS that is going on in departments and how poor choices in uniform make everyone look like a complete asshat.

CharleyMarbles

Again, the guy from Virginia muscles into the Washington forum to make derogatory comments. Sigh.

CharleyMarbles, no, not directed at you ... just a select few of the WA state guys ...

LOL ok just checking :) I know what you mean about the WA State guys LOL been shouted down over there myself before LOL BTW if you decide to take the time to read my story please take a moment to post your thoughts as I belive the more input I can get the better I can asess my position and form the most honnest oppinion :)

ronmanci

Nope, man, you're not (although most of the cops I've known that posted on this forum are pretty discouraged with the anti-cop venom routinely displayed hereabouts, hence aren't active posters anymore). There are some really good folks I know on this board (quite a few in the South/West Puget Sound region) but seems sometimes the ones that make the most noise have the biggest axes to grind when it comes to any "discussion" involving law enforcement ...

This is it for me. I thought I was joining a constructive forum. But I was wrong. After tonight I won't visit anymore. Too many happier places I could be. Too many narrow minds. I have printed all of my dialog though. I'm curious how the forums advertisers are going to react when they see all the anti-LE on the site that they pay to advertise on. Now I'm going to take it as a personal attack, and attack back. Twelve times I've been told " I hate the Police ", and the moderators let it go. I doubt the advertisers agree with that anti-LE sentiment. But we will see. I can be pretty persuasive.

Last edited:

AFPVet

What just sets me off the most about some leo's is that they think that because they have a badge and a gun they are better than me or anyone else for that matter. And before anyone blasts me I'm not saying ALL LEO'S are like this, I know a few on a personal level and they are great people and id step in front of a bullet for any 1 of them but there comes a time when LEO'S like elected officials need to be removed from a position of power. Anyone here that's been here long enough will remember my run in with PPD a few years ago. I was very upset at the uniform when i should have been livid with the idiot wearing it.

The point is that i had to grow as a person to place responsibility were it needed to be and not the first cop i saw.

There are some @sshats.... I used to work with them. The problem is more with the administration which hires or refuses to fire them... then there are those who are kicked out of the force because they cannot 'fit in'. There is a political ball game which goes on....

Last edited:

Bo

After tonight I won't visit anymore. Too many happier places I could be. Too many narrow minds.
ronmanci, sorry to hear you say that. I've had dialogue with a few of our brothers out here, and they've given up as well, just dismayed by all the anti-LE negativity. I say, don't let the stupid people get you down. Unfortunately, in LE these days, no one wants to participate in internet discussion because ... of a few bad outcomes for guys that made stupid comments and their job (or the media) found out, or guys that simply continually allowed themselves to get involved in stupid forum pi$$ing contests and finally realized that there's no "winner" on the internet ... But, if there's no dissenting opinions, all the dumb preaching-to-the-choir goes on, unchecked, and then we have to deal with these knuckleheads in the real (non-internet) world.

I personally think OC is a constructive concept (I strongly favor the "normalization" of carrying firearms, be it concealed or openly), which is why I came here a couple years ago. Yes, I don't always agree with the opinions expressed, and I'm often disappointed with many statements and opinions ... But, it's good to get away from the cop forums and see what others are talking about.

CharleyMarbles

This is it for me. I thought I was joining a constructive forum. But I was wrong. After tonight I won't visit anymore. Too many happier places I could be. Too many narrow minds. I have printed all of my dialog though. I'm curious how the forums advertisers are going to react when they see all the anti-LE on the site that they pay to advertise on. Now I'm going to take it as a personal attack, and attack back. Twelve times I've been told " I hate the Police ", and the moderators let it go. I doubt the advertisers agree with that anti-LE sentiment. But we will see. I can be pretty persuasive.

Well I posted on the other thread and I realy wish you would reconcider but if you go I wish you well. Not sure what the number is of our membership but I would guess well in excess of 10,000 so realy 12 out of our membership is not even 1% for you to equate less than 1% as being representitive of our membership is realy quite disengenuious And even though it may seam unfair to say childish it realy is. But not any moreso than to equate less than 1% of a membership as being representive of the whole? Please in fairness to the fourm include this in your report to our advertisers.

ronmanci

ronmanci, sorry to hear you say that. I've had dialogue with a few of our brothers out here, and they've given up as well, just dismayed by all the anti-LE negativity. I say, don't let the stupid people get you down. Unfortunately, in LE these days, no one wants to participate in internet discussion because ... of a few bad outcomes for guys that made stupid comments and their job (or the media) found out, or guys that simply continually allowed themselves to get involved in stupid forum pi$$ing contests and finally realized that there's no "winner" on the internet ... But, if there's no dissenting opinions, all the dumb preaching-to-the-choir goes on, unchecked, and then we have to deal with these knuckleheads in the real (non-internet) world.

I personally think OC is a constructive concept (I strongly favor the "normalization" of carrying firearms, be it concealed or openly), which is why I came here a couple years ago. Yes, I don't always agree with the opinions expressed, and I'm often disappointed with many statements and opinions ... But, it's good to get away from the cop forums and see what others are talking about.

You hit the nail on the head. But I post on a few forums, on a couple different subjects, and I find them all enjoyable. This is not enjoyable. It's like everyone's chance to finally kick a cop, and there are too many feet here. I feel like I have to put on my TAC gear to sit down and type. All I do is dodge bullets. Sooner or later I'm going to get hit. But thanks for reaching out.

ronmanci

Well I posted on the other thread and I realy wish you would reconcider but if you go I wish you well. Not sure what the number is of our membership but I would guess well in excess of 10,000 so realy 12 out of our membership is not even 1% for you to equate less than 1% as being representitive of our membership is realy quite disengenuious And even though it may seam unfair to say childish it realy is. But not any moreso than to equate less than 1% of a membership as being representive of the whole? Please in fairness to the fourm include this in your report to our advertisers.

Keep in mind I just joined two days ago.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

(laff) Yes, I guess I missed the memo that we are assigned forums according to our residency. Was that your best shot? No critique of my analysis, no counter-facts?

ronmanci

(laff) Yes, I guess I missed the memo that we are assigned forums according to our residency. Was that your best shot? No critique of my analysis, no counter-facts?

You don't stop with your nonsense. No wonder you have 10,000 posts. You argue with everyone.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

What a whiner. Presents himself as a tough under-cover drug cop, but can't take a little heat. You'd figure such a cop would have thicker skin.

Then he slimes the a good bit of the forum as anti-LE because a very, very few members hammered him personally. Looks like this boy can't draw distinctions. No matter what he says, the fact he's put off and leaving tells the tale that he feels the entire forum is anti-cop. Nice going, Ron. Well done at insulting the entire forum with your broadbrush implication.

We've seen this before. They get their cherished, self-serving, self-inflating ideas handed to them on a plate and then go off crying. Sometimes you almost wish they would whine to the rest of the world. When the rest of the world comes to see what all the tears are about, they'll see how skewed the accusations really are, since they won't be mixed up in it personally.

CharleyMarbles

Keep in mind I just joined two days ago.

AN impressive post count for 2 days :) Might I suggest giving it some time maby try haveing some constructive discussion with other members and if it helps judicious use of the ignore feature? I just hate to see anyone fall prey to a few bad experances.Your going to have them hell I have them (not everyone likes a felon) but it is what it is I did make my mistake and so I expect to be called on it. NOT saying you have made any in being a LEO but you have to know some don't agree with me on that. I do homeimprovements now and let me tell you there are many who have fallen victom to dishonest ones and I get the same treatment. It's life my friend it happens to all of us there will allways be someone who has had bad experiances with (fill in occupation) and they are going to be sour twards any who practise that occupation. Hope you stick around but if not good wishes to you my friend :)

Dave_pro2a

You hit the nail on the head. But I post on a few forums, on a couple different subjects, and I find them all enjoyable. This is not enjoyable. It's like everyone's chance to finally kick a cop, and there are too many feet here. I feel like I have to put on my TAC gear to sit down and type. All I do is dodge bullets. Sooner or later I'm going to get hit. But thanks for reaching out.

Disillusioning to find out how many people really feel about LEOs, huh?

Well, many on this forum have also experienced disillusionment -- but it was at the hands of LEO.

CharleyMarbles

Hmmm. No critique of facts or analysis.

Heh, heh, heh. No. I don't argue with everyone. Mainly just the statist cops.

Ok citizen you made your point is there a good reason to continue to be obnoxious and just plain rude??

no facts to critique he was commenting on your comment you have an oppinion we get it. Is there a reason he can't have one as well??Let it go you don't like him he don't like you that is the facts now can we have a civil discussion with out all the bickering?? Realy running him off of the fourm is not going to accomplish anything but it will make us as a group look bad so I implore you to stop.Maby even hear his oppinion and reasess your own with that input but there is no need to act like a child and bicker back and forth about it. You may even find that he is capable of the same and some good CAN come of it in that case as far as you would be concerned wouldn't you agree?

ronmanci

Did I claim any great insights? Other than a general knowledge about firearm laws that is greater than yours. ;)

I still don't believe you. We've devolved into FOS realm imho.

And now I'm full of ****. Let me know what it is that I can show you;
I have newpaper articles, decoration certificates, medals, pictures of me knocking doors down, pics of me repelling down the sides of buildings, pics of my gunshot wound, pics of my stab wounds, x-rays from a broken back, pics from police cars I've totalled, I even have a squad car license plate pounded with buckshot form a bank robbery. I've had a gun fired at me, so close that I have lost 30% of the hearing in my left ear. I could be home on disability for 12 years now. but i choose to work. so tell me, Mr. Know it All, what makes me not FOS. in your clueless opinion? Do I have to like take a bullet right in front of you. Your doughtful, because you don't know. In your mind there is no way someone would ever do police work without a gun. In the real world, it happens everyday. Some brave guys taking huge risks, and quite often paying the price..

ronmanci

What a whiner. Presents himself as a tough under-cover drug cop, but can't take a little heat. You'd figure such a cop would have thicker skin.

Then he slimes the a good bit of the forum as anti-LE because a very, very few members hammered him personally. Looks like this boy can't draw distinctions. No matter what he says, the fact he's put off and leaving tells the tale that he feels the entire forum is anti-cop. Nice going, Ron. Well done at insulting the entire forum with your broadbrush implication.

We've seen this before. They get their cherished, self-serving, self-inflating ideas handed to them on a plate and then go off crying. Sometimes you almost wish they would whine to the rest of the world. When the rest of the world comes to see what all the tears are about, they'll see how skewed the accusations really are, since they won't be mixed up in it personally.

Who do you represent when you say "we've"? David Koresh and the rest of the WACO wackos?

Last edited:

Bo

Citizen, you don't argue, nor do you do anything approaching reason. What you do, is use your very own "broadbrush implication" toward everyone who posts any remarks even remotely in support of anyone in law enforcement.
They get their cherished, self-serving, self-inflating ideas handed to them on a plate and then go off crying
."Handed to them on a plate?" You wish. You are the whiner; pity you can't see that about yourself.

What's so ironic is that, 99% of the citizen encounters I've ever had, citizens respond positively to me being in law enforcement (the 1% being those I've cited or arrested and who are pissed about being caught). It's really only on the internet that I encounter such extreme anti-law enforcement sentiment. Truly arrogant of you to call yourself "citizen."

Status
Not open for further replies.