• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter to Senator/Representative regarding MD training

mrjam2jab

This is horse is beyond dead. YES, we DO know. All you have to do is read 175.60(4).

What we don't know yet is what has to be on the Certificate for it to be accepted by the DOJ as proof of training. The DOJ cannot mandate what they will accept as training, only what must be on the certificate that is issued by the trainer.

I don't see where there has to be anything beyond a standard certificate of completion..

Da Po-lock

This is horse is beyond dead. YES, we DO know. All you have to do is read 175.60(4).

What we don't know yet is what has to be on the Certificate for it to be accepted by the DOJ as proof of training. The DOJ cannot mandate what they will accept as training, only what must be on the certificate that is issued by the trainer.

Sprocket, with all due respect I have read 175.60(4) many times and nowhere do I see WHAT has to be ON the proof of training certificate.

All I see as to "whats" is what has to be on the issued CC license itself.

You are absolutely correct in saying "The DOJ cannot mandate what they will accept as training".
The MD training meets the letter of the law.

My point is people will not have the opportunity to know if the training they have will qualify until Nov. 1 and that is wrong for the DOJ to play games like this. There is NO reason the information cannot be put out well before Nov. 1 so people can get the training and still get their application in ON Nov.1

As for the horse, it aint dead til we have permits in our hands and we are carrying concealed.

.......Da Po-lock

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I think he was sarcastically joking, but if not, I would have added a few choice words to what you said.

Yes, I was just joking because you guys have covered the training topic in about twenty different threads and no one bothers to look. The sarcasm smiley sucks so I used the big smiley face. I am excited for you guys that you will now have a choice of how to carry even if I am from VA.

proteus

Yes, I was just joking because you guys have covered the training topic in about twenty different threads and no one bothers to look. The sarcasm smiley sucks so I used the big smiley face. I am excited for you guys that you will now have a choice of how to carry even if I am from VA.

You are correct. The topic has been beat up, beat down, beat to death and no one yet knows what will be the golden rule.