• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

B

Bikenut

Been around a bit today and OC'd in Bridgeport at...

Family Dollar

Kroger

Lamplighter Flowers

Bridgeport Pharmacy twice.. once to bring in a refill where I got the stink eye from a couple of guys waiting... and the second time to pick up that refill...

And aside from those stink eyes (stink eyes make me chuckle) there were no problems at all...

Bronson

You can OC in a place licensed to sell alcohol if, and only if, you meet one of the exemptions listed in MCL 750.234d....one of which is having a CPL.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

(h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.

(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.

Bronson

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

To err is human....

To forgive is divine...

To post admissions of mistakes that may have resulted in illegal behavior on the internet... on a forum that is being watched very closely by every governmental agency from the top of the federal level to the janitorial staff at the local library is............

stupid.

Please, if only for your own sakes, edit posts that contain any admissions of foolish behavior.:shocker:

BlueStarDad

Thank you for restarting this thread.

I started OCing last summer in the Muskegon area (I do have my CPL). Places include, SAM's Club, Wesco's, Wendy's (on E. Sherman Blvd.), Pere Marquette (walking out to the lighthouse, walking the pier, & sitting enjoying the evenings), in the neighborhood while walking the dog in the evenings. All instances were without any comments or issues at all.

And reading all of the old posts is what gave me the courage to start...so thanks !!

manicdevery

Good to see old names as well as new on here.

OCed....EVERYWHERE I GO

I really want to set up some OC events this spring and summer, find good things to raise money for, ie people in need, chairties, anyone less fortunate than us.

Can't wait for warmer weather to meet more fellow patriots

Devery

xmanhockey7

Started carrying in Kalamazoo last summer and haven't had any problems.

Taco Bobs- I went to the one on Portage about everyday one summer and went frequently before I turned 18 and started open carrying. Once I did the people that knew me there talked about it for a bit but everything was positive. The owner said he felt safer with me there. If your in the Kalamazoo area and want good mexican food I'd suggest Taco Bobs.

Steak n' Shake- Carry here all the time. One time the manager asked about the gun and asked me to conceal it but I told him I could not even legally do that. This was probably the 100,000th time I had carried there and the first time I had anyone even say anything about it. I told him I could leave but that I do carry there all the time and have no problems. He said I was fine as long as the gun was "legit" and I assured him it was. Another time there some college aged students (about my age) came in and sat a couple booths away on to the right. One caught sight of my gun and his eyes were bigger than golf balls. I heard him tell the other people at the table about it and they gave me some looks and whispered "well he must have to conceal that!". I wasn't going to say anything to them unless they had another to say to me.

Gander Mountain- Open carried there right after the SNS with the college students seeing my gun (Gander Mountain and SNS are right next to each other). Walked around for little while with my friends when someone in there noticed my gun and say "Hey open carry!". He was carrying a Beretta 92fs concealed. Talked to him for a little while. When I told him I was carrying a Glock 22 he said well you need to get a real gun which I thought was a little funny that I'm carrying a .40 and he has a 9mm (I have no problem with 9mm, I think it's a great caliber).

I've carried in many other places like when I go get my haircut. My barber is big into hunting and has an NRA sticker on his mirror so me open carrying is def not a problem.

77zach

funny video of a great american

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUd_00Xrf_U&feature=player_embedded#at=739
..........--Moderator Deleted--Rules Violation--

LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

BlueStarDad

I OC'ed today at Tractor Supply on Whitehall Rd., and at Little Ceasars on Apple Ave. to pick up some lunch. With the exception of one lady giving me the "deer in the headlights" look at Tractor Supply....all went well at both places.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Denny's 44th St last night, no problems, just one bug-eyed stare.

BTW, I have both, G27 and a Beretta 96. Both fine weapons for different situations. Same capacity (10 rnds 40SW), but the G27 doesn't cause sagging trousers. Of course, the Beretta is a beautiful sculpture, as well as a reliable sidearm.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
OCing in the st Clair branch of st Clair county libraries right now. I posted the same a few weeks ago in the old experiences thread. No issues yet. I have my daughter and my beautiful wife with me. I would assume my wife is getting more looks than my gun. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Golden Eagle

A Friend and I had lunch at Denys on Sprinkle Rd. in Kalamazoo they sat us at a table in the middle of the room. We know all the staff saw our guns and they were vary friendly... no one cared
icon12.png

Last edited:

thabyrdman

Thank you for restarting this thread.

I started OCing last summer in the Muskegon area (I do have my CPL). Places include, SAM's Club, Wesco's, Wendy's (on E. Sherman Blvd.), Pere Marquette (walking out to the lighthouse, walking the pier, & sitting enjoying the evenings), in the neighborhood while walking the dog in the evenings. All instances were without any comments or issues at all.

And reading all of the old posts is what gave me the courage to start...so thanks !!

Good to hear you havent had any issues. I still havent either couple stink eyes but nothing special. My wife is the store manager at the Little Ceaser on Whitehall rd. She also has worked at the one on Apple. we live in Wolf Lake. Maybe some time we could get together and have lunch or something to promote our 2nd amendment right.

oohrahboy

i havent been ocing much lately due to the cold weather and me having a big parka on, but i still carry everywhere i go,

cc'd at my grandpas visitation in jackson, my brother was ocing and was asked by the funeral director to kindly put his gun in his car, there were no signs up anywhere but the guy said his boss was a hardcore anti and wont let him even cc there.

after my grandpas funeral we were invited to join in some fellowship and food, i had my jacket off at this point which revealed my empty holster, we where in a church. during this time someone came up to me and asked if i supported oc, i told him yes and he revealed an empty iwb holster, we had a nice convo about carrying.

i carry every where except work even though i mostly cc in the winter, when i can i oc and havent gotten any truely negative feed back yet just mostly people who dont understand there rights and the law and want to learn more.

carry on