• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

DanM

cc'd at my grandpas visitation in jackson, my brother was ocing and was asked by the funeral director to kindly put his gun in his car, there were no signs up anywhere but the guy said his boss was a hardcore anti and wont let him even cc there.

And . . . what did your brother do?

When I'm asked to go store it in my car (which doesn't happen often), I usually reply "I don't have the proper container to do so legally", which is usually true. That stumps them, and they are either forced to accept it or ask me to leave.

On topic, I OC'd at Meijer in Auburn Hills for an hour grocery shopping. Place was packed. No issues at all.

Mitchell

My first

After I was informed, I got the nerve to walk down to the local school. Met an older lady walking her puppy.

After joyfully playing with her dog, that OMG face broke out, but did not say a word and walked on.

That was last August.

autosurgeon

OCed at the Waffle House in Lawrence for dinner... no issues one comment " got yer clips there... wheres the heater..." My reply other side.... no more was said about my gun..

OCed while chairing the Monthly Village Planning Commission meeting. No issues.

B

Bikenut

OC'd today in Bridgeport at:

Independent Bank to do the usual first of the month banking stuff...

Family Dollar to get some cheap household stuff...

Kroger to get some groceries...

and

Speedway gas station for.... well... gas.

No problems, no hassles, had some ordinary everyday conversations with folks about how expensive it is becoming just to get by.... and no one gave two farts in the wind about my sidearm. It has been my experience that OC to the everyday person just isn't an issue. Some may think it an oddity to see yet no one runs away tearing their hair out and screaming in terror... no children are traumatized... no one much seems to care.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronson

OCed at IHOP in Kalamazoo. They were fairly busy tonight and I was seated with my pistol visible to everyone...no problems. The waitress even sat next to me and my pistol while she took our order. She didn't seem to care.

Bronson

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
OCed at IHOP in Kalamazoo. They were fairly busy tonight and I was seated with my pistol visible to everyone...no problems. The waitress even sat next to me and my pistol while she took our order. She didn't seem to care.

Bronson

That's because she couldn't stop looking into your dreamy eyes! :lol:

xmanhockey7

Bronson

I was there last weekend no issues whatsoever. And based on some of the people that were there I was kind of happy I had it.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
The IHOP In Kalamazoo is like Hooters, it sounds like. Was the attire similar?

I've noticed more restaurants doing this. I usually just ask if they are joining us. I tend to think that such behavior is 'rude' and makes the waitstaff appear lazy. I usually request that they not continue.

TheQ

OC'd tonight at Long John Silver near Mt. Hope and MLK in Lansing. Ordered and ate (on premises) "Shrimp and More". No issues.

Onnie

Lowe's in Monroe looking for plumbing stuff, 15 minutes talking to plumbing associate to find what I was looking for and then to register clerk while checking out

Staples in Monroe 5 minutes to talk to Mgr about them moving

no issues at either place

Last edited:

Bronson

The IHOP In Kalamazoo is like Hooters, it sounds like. Was the attire similar?

The attire wasn't the same but she could definitely work at Hooters ...if you know what I mean :lol:

On topic: OCed at Shawarma King on Westnedge in Kalamazoo for the Lebanese food buffet. There was a Kalamazoo Public Safety Officer getting some to-go food, I'm not sure if he saw my pistol but I just went about my business getting food and chatting with the staff and even the officer a bit. There were no problems at all.

Bronson

Last edited:

Onnie

Decided to go out to the streets at High Noon and do some shopping at Petsmart in Monroe, Just me, my Pit-Bull and my S&W 40 cal

Talked to the manager for a while on the best solution for a Pet problem I am having. my gun side to the Mgr and from behind me I could hear this unbearable whining. As my conversation continued with the manager, the whining kept getting louder and louder until I could stand it no more and turned to address the whin-nee!

"Could you stop your whining" I ordered. "The cat does not want to play with you!"

Yep you guessed it, the only whining I heard in Petsmart today was from my dog!:eek:

enjoy the day!

Last edited:

Wglide90

Hi Folks, I haven't posted here in a while but all is well in my OC adventures.

I have OCd in Bellville area in the PNC bank, all the local eateries, Meijer's, Walgreen's, Van Buren Twp Police Department. No one has said anything.

I also have been in a few places in Taylor recently and at the Taylor Police Department as well and no problems.

Open Carry ON!

RenkaiWulf

OCed walking my dog through downtown lake orion stopped at the natural food store a few looks, a few people talked to me about random stuff nothing said about my gun. 3 cops passed by not more than a 2nd glance from them.
all as it should be