• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lizzy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Looking forward to seeing everyone this Friday! We should be there around 6:45 or so. Oh, and don't forget Starbucks is this Sunday.

L&L!

E6chevron

If that happened, I didn't hear about it.
Our dinner was peaceful as usual, other than the bad jokes. :D

ETA: I will, however, recommend against the "Caesar salad". It's not.

Perhaps, I could suggest the brownie ala mode "salad" Always satisfying, never had a bad one.

-------------------------------------------------

I miss one night, and everything gets crazy. Looking forward to this Friday night.

Let's make it a theme night: American made handguns.

My carry weapon was made by Springfield Armory of Geneseo Illinoiis.
Stamped right on it is the good old U.S. of Croatia... could that be a misprint?

maybe we need a different theme idea.

MKEgal

E6chevron said:
Let's make it a theme night: American made handguns.
My [strike]carry weapon[/strike] self-defense tool was made by Springfield Armory of Geneseo Illinois.
Stamped right on it is the good old U.S. of Croatia... could that be a misprint?
maybe we need a different theme idea.
FTFY :D
How 'bout "we love the Constitution"?
"America - love it or leave it"?
"emergency preparedness"?

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I am a quiver wondering what last fridays fish fry was like.
I am surprised that their has been no,, after action report.
I hope that all the news is positive.

It was great! I think we had 20 of us that night enjoying the cuisine. After dinner some of us played pool and I'm guessing did the Karoake thing. Have you ever had Alaskan Amber? Really good stuff!

protias

I am a quiver wondering what last fridays fish fry was like.
I am surprised that their has been no,, after action report.
I hope that all the news is positive.

It was good. I arrived early, so I sat myself down at the bar and had a beverage of choice. Got to talking with a couple of customers and the pretty bar tender. All in all, it was an enjoyable time. Looking forward to the 15th. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It was good. I arrived early, so I sat myself down at the bar and had a beverage of choice. Got to talking with a couple of customers and the pretty bar tender. All in all, it was an enjoyable time. Looking forward to the 15th. :)

No trolls, no agent provocateurs, no MWAG calls - sounds positively normal. :p

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran

I'll have to practice my pool shots so I don't scratch so many times as I did Friday night. Pool just isn't my forte'! Oh...the bartender that night was Shannon. She was very helpful and makes great beverages!

I'm looking forward to Friday the 15th too.

C/O!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
No trolls, no agent provocateurs, no MWAG calls - sounds positively normal. :p

It was very normal and the restaurant was packed. I don't think there were two empty seats left with all of us and the other folks dining that night. Another good time for everyone who could attend!

protias

I'll have to practice my pool shots so I don't scratch so many times as I did Friday night. Pool just isn't my forte'! Oh...the bartender that night was Shannon. She was very helpful and makes great beverages!

I'm looking forward to Friday the 15th too.

C/O!

I wasn't referring to Shannon, but Gina. ;)

For the pool table, is it pay per game or pay for the time?

protias

Is it amateur night, or are there professionals present? :shocker:

Woah there Grapshot, let's not...

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Woah there Grapshot, let's not...

Someone's reading between the lines - I see what you did there.

In the days of yore, I fancied myself a pool shooter - eight ball mostly - even though very good, I was an amateur.

The professionals, the sharks, would take me to the cleaners in 9 ball or rotation on the small bar tables. Straight pool was reserved for the full size tables. You could always tell the pro hustlers. They'd lose one or two games and move to up the anti - then sandbag to win by a narrow margin......consistently.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I wasn't referring to Shannon, but Gina. ;)

For the pool table, is it pay per game or pay for the time?

It was per game. John kicked my tail and then he played Nancy. I don't remember which one won that game. All in all a very good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.