• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local LEO's enforcing federal law? Allowed or not?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Cops, out of pure arrogance, tell citizens that citizens don't know the law. The truth is most cops don't know the law any better than the citizen. And the most dangerous “person” is the cop who thinks they know the law.

Any cop trying to apply Admiralty and Maritime law (United States v. Hernandez, 715 f2d. 548) on the land proves the above adage.

Yes, United States v. Hernandez is an Admiralty and Maritime case. The so called bad guys were seized in international waters. Hence, the statement: “Since the appellants' arrest occurred approximately twenty-five miles off the coast, we cannot apply Florida law; we must apply federal law. Where, as here, however, there is no specific federal law to govern this situation, a federal court may resort to and apply the common law.”

In other words, there is no specific federal law dealing with an international law violation.

This case has no application within the territorial boarders of any state or the United States.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I think this thread has run its course. If the OP hasn't seen enough information by now, he never will.

Plus, we certainly wouldn't want to threaten the health of those who allegedly have congestive heart failure. There's no reason to let such people continue to raise their blood pressure. ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I think this thread has run its course. If the OP hasn't seen enough information by now, he never will.

Plus, we certainly wouldn't want to threaten the health of those who allegedly have congestive heart failure. There's no reason to let such people continue to raise their blood pressure. ;) :rolleyes:

As stupid as you are you are not raising my blood pressure. But I am amazed by how much of a buffoon you show yourself for. Congratulations, on the clueless award!

stealthyeliminator

As stupid as you are you are not raising my blood pressure. But I am amazed by how much of a buffoon you show yourself for. Congratulations, on the clueless award!

Ok... Now this is a legit scenario for eye95 to come in and call someone an ass followed by a good 'ol 'moving on.'

eye95

Calling someone stupid, a baffoon, and clueless in response to a lighthearted and joking post makes him an outright *******.

Hey, you called me into this thread. I gave you my opinion as a result. Next time, ya might want to think before you call someone out.

There is another (very powerful) poster here who could well learn that lesson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

stealthyeliminator

Hey, you called me into this thread. I gave you my opinion as a result. Next time, ya might want to think before you call someone out.

There is another (very powerful) poster here who could well learn that lesson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I called him out, not you.. Not sure why that would cause you to react the way you did. If you would rather I not mention you in threads you haven't chosen to participate in, a simple request is all that's needed and I'd be inclined to respect that. My memory isn't that great but I'd try to remember. So, mentioning you when you'd prefer I didn't I may be guilty of, but behaving like an ass, I'm not so sure about. Whatever, man.

eye95

I called him out, not you...

Geez, which poster's name was mentioned as coming into the thread? Lessee. Dat's a toughee. Which poster was called out by name? Geez, I just can't figure it out.

I will make no requests of you. You do what you will. I will do what I think is best or right.