• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg Area - OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Curtis wrote:
I'm in Lynchburg sometimes, albeit much more rarely than I was from age 0-19 years. The last time I was there I OC'd at Weenie Stand #2 without incident. I have yet to find another place in Virginia that makes a comparable hot dog to Lynchburg's Weenie Stand. Almost good enough to make me move back there. :lol:
You were in Lynchburg when you were 0 years old ? Good memory ! :p :D

Yata hey

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

Attempted Hijack of Lynchburg Open carry in progress... cavemen talking something about touchholes and knapping and axes... soon they will be telling stories about dinosaur hunting...:uhoh:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well the "Italian" food string continues. I OCed tonight at the local Olive Garden and had no issues as usual. After the OG I OCed at Target nearby just to walk around a bit after a big meal. No issues there either.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
Yup and the hijack is being done, by the "THIS IS A REPORT THREAD!!!!" nanny. :)

Hi Citizen. :D
Oh, crud. Sorry. I was so happy to be able to get a dig in at GS that I forgot "where" I was. My apologies. I'll delete.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
You didn't have to do that Citizen. I was just busting your chops a bit. :)
The fact is that we (he & I) will play in others backyard occasionally and it does break the continuity of the thread. That and Citizen does quit, doesn't recognize when he is beaten. That's the embarrassing part. :p :)

Promise not to do it again............................'til next time. :D

Yata hey

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, the OCing has again given me an opportunity to chit chat with someone I may not have said more than a pleasant "hello" to. As I waited for the wife's work shift to end, I stopped by the local Barnes and Noble in the hopes that I'd find a good magazine that I hadn't yet read or that a new book would catch my eye. Before giving up on my search I stopped by the U.S. History section and stood looking when I noticed a young well dressed man behind me and I asked if he needed me to move. He joked that he was making sure he stood back since I was armed, but this gave me the opportunity chit chat with him and find out that he was "afraid" of guns and had only had one opportunity to ever shoot a gun and got hurt when he did it. This led to a discussion of now learning how to shoot in the company of someone who'd make sure he used the appropriate stuff to learn on and was interested in actually making sure we brought another into the fold. Of course we had the "Nope I'm not a cop, just a Regular Joe Engineer" conversation and by the time we wrapped up we'd exchanged contact info and I promised him that although I don't have range access right now, I would put him in contact with my old boss who is a NRA certified instructor and enjoys going shooting with his family as a routine thing. I'm not sure who will be the first of us to take him to the range, but it will be nice to introduce a friendly young black man to the practicing of rights he's been missing out on. Who knows once he learns to shoot and hopefully likes it, he may teach his family and friends.

After the visit at B&N I dropped by the wife's work place OCing as usual to make plans to get us a late dinner for when she got home. No issues there either.

*I apologize if this post is any bit non-sensical since I'm a bit on the tired side, but wanted to share my good experience just the same!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
SNIP I apologize if this post is any bit non-sensical...
Don't worry about it. We've gotten used to it since Grapeshot has been with us. :):p

Great conversation at Barnes & Noble.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
jmelvin wrote:
SNIP I apologize if this post is any bit non-sensical...
Don't worry about it. We've gotten used to it since Grapeshot has been with us. :):p

Great conversation at Barnes & Noble.
Pssst - Citizen, look behind you. :p

I can't OC this in B&N but it is parked behind you. :)

Yata hey

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

Today at Burger King and a lot of staring and then on the Blackwater Creek trail where most people ignored or didn't see it, but one old timer was very direct with his eyes and I am pretty sure he was LEO but just nodded and kept going. Krogers also. It was different today because a lot more people noticed, at least more than usual.