• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Macomb twp. board meeting

jeremy05

imported post

Good job guys, The only criticism would be please work on not saying "umm" so much, just take a pause while you collect yourself mentally. :D

manicdevery

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
Good job guys, The only criticism would be please work on not saying "umm" so much, just take a pause while you collect yourself mentally. :D

I finally got over saying UHHHHH and UMMMMM and now all i do is the blank george bush jr stare. i saw video of me doing it. so funny.

As far as my happiness for the over ouctome of the eventi give you a dancing monkey:monkeyWTG

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Proper etiquette at a city, twp, county, state board meeting is to remove your hat when in attendance. Next time, take your hat off.

BTW, I think all of the board members (especially the one guy and the woman on the end) were waiting for you to stand up and shoot up the place. You made an impact alright.:lol:

G

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Proper etiquette at a city, twp, county, state board meeting is to remove your hat when in attendance. Next time, take your hat off.

BTW, I think all of the board members (especially the one guy and the woman on the end) were waiting for you to stand up and shoot up the place. You made an impact alright.:lol:
He just keeps trolling, and trolling, and trolling, and trolling, and trolling...

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
Proper etiquette at a city, twp, county, state board meeting is to remove your hat when in attendance.  Next time, take your hat off. 

BTW, I think all of the board members (especially the one guy and the woman on the end) were waiting for you to stand up and shoot up the place.  You made an impact alright.:lol:
[/quot

FatboyCykes

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

I don't remove my hat for anyone. They are just a group of citizens, I'm not too worried about it.
Exactly, POTUS, maybe, these shmoes, meh.

Hombre

Banned
imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

I don't remove my hat for anyone. They are just a group of citizens, I'm not too worried about it.

That's nice. So, you admit you have no respect for the public body that was ELECTED by the voters of that area????? So, by failing to remove your hat and follow proper decorum, you are actually disrespecting the fellow citizens of that community AND the American form of government.

I'm starting to see that the OC movement IS too radical for most of us. Keep going, you're gonna lose more and more support. Just try to remember that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar AND this OC thing ain't about YOU. So, if you're involved in this for your ego then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:

-snip-

Just try to remember that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar AND this OC thing ain't about YOU. So, if you're involved in this for your ego then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.
I agree... rational well thought out arguments and responsible behavior will be seen as a positive face on the issue being promoted while in your face arguments and behavior will be seen as something to be avoided.

And I must also agree that promoting OC for personal ego is the wrong reason.... I must also point out that opposing OC for personal ego is also the wrong reason.

To be fair.... I think (my opinion) that ego is sometimes a negative factor on both sides of that equation.

mikestilly

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

-snip-

Just try to remember that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar AND this OC thing ain't about YOU.  So, if you're involved in this for your ego then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.
I agree... rational well thought out arguments and responsible behavior will be seen as a positive face on the issue being promoted while in your face arguments and behavior will be seen as something to be avoided.

And I must also agree that promoting OC for personal ego is the wrong reason.... I must also point out that opposing OC for personal ego is also the wrong reason.

To be fair.... I think (my opinion) that ego is sometimes a negative factor on both sides of that equation.

What the hell are you both talking about. Who supports OC for ego? Please point them out because what you're saying is just total BS based on fantasy. I've yet to see someone promote OC based on ego. I feel the holier then thou people on here are the ones with egos.

autosurgeon

imported post

I know I sure don't carry OC or other wise for ego... :banghead:

I carry BC I take responsibility for my safety and don't like to have to rely on others for my safety.

I have never gotten the feeling from any of the people I have talked with that they carry BC of their ego...

ghostrider

imported post

Venator wrote:
All three of you guys did great. Loved Sprinklerguy giving em hell on dragging their feet.
+1.

Based on the responses that Generaldet got it definitely sounds like they decided to just drag their feet and hope it would "just go away". Sounds like they figured they could just decide to not enforce it, but still leave the laws and policy in place.

Bring up Generaldet's CPL is a "tell".

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I know I sure don't carry OC or other wise for ego... :banghead:

I carry BC I take responsibility for my safety and don't like to have to rely on others for my safety.

I have never gotten the feeling from any of the people I have talked with that they carry BC of their ego...
+1

scot623

imported post

Everyone is killing Hombre. It's a pretty safe bet nothing bad comes from showing respect to another person. Although the opposite can have a very negative effect. Pretty sure that is all he was trying to say. I tend to agree.