• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Macomb twp. board meeting

manicdevery

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:

-snip-

Just try to remember that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar AND this OC thing ain't about YOU. So, if you're involved in this for your ego then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.
I agree... rational well thought out arguments and responsible behavior will be seen as a positive face on the issue being promoted while in your face arguments and behavior will be seen as something to be avoided.

And I must also agree that promoting OC for personal ego is the wrong reason.... I must also point out that opposing OC for personal ego is also the wrong reason.

To be fair.... I think (my opinion) that ego is sometimes a negative factor on both sides of that equation.
+1

I have respect for well thought out arguments but i sometimes get a little perturbed at the way some OC member compose themselves. For one of the goals of MOC being "desensitizing the public" alot of us tend to let emotions do the thinking.

When i did not get the Sargent at arms position i did a little research on crossedpistols (who i feel is a great candidate) and even his appearance is a little more PC than my own. I dress well but my tattoos/piercings/facial hair do not desensitize easily. people who know me know i am a nice guy but it does not help being judged by my cover. Every court appearance i have gone to i take out my piercings and dress even nicer, i was raised to show my respect when i am trying to talk my speeding ticket down or sway their judgment for any good reason, to an elected official

JMO Devery

scot623

imported post

Couldn't agree more. Another thing to consider is the perception of the public. In this case, the hundreds, possibly thousands of people who watched this meeting at home on tv. Perception is reality. To show a professional appearance and demeanor is very important, especially from any MOC officers(or members)speaking in a official capacity. Getting together for dinner or a picnic is a whole other ballgame. I feel any official MOC events should be held to a higher standard of image and decorum. We want the public to see us as an intelligent, well organized, professional looking group. We sell great looking MOC polo shirts that present a good image, I would think officers wearing those at official MOC events or public speaking engagements could be a good standard to start with.

manicdevery

imported post

scot623 wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Another thing to consider is the perception of the public. In this case, the hundreds, possibly thousands of people who watched this meeting at home on tv. Perception is realtity. To show a profesional appearance and demeanor is very important, especially from any MOC officers(or members)speaking in a official capacity. Getting together for dinner or a picnic is a whole other ballgame. I feel any official MOC events should be held to a higher standard of image and decorum. We want the public to see us as an intelligent, well organized, profesional looking group. We sell great looking MOC polo shirts that present a good image, I would think officers wearing those at official MOC events or public speaking engagements could be a good standard to start with.
+1

sprinklerguy28

imported post

scot623 wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Another thing to consider is the perception of the public. In this case, the hundreds, possibly thousands of people who watched this meeting at home on tv. Perception is reality. To show a professional appearance and demeanor is very important, especially from any MOC officers(or members)speaking in a official capacity. Getting together for dinner or a picnic is a whole other ballgame. I feel any official MOC events should be held to a higher standard of image and decorum. We want the public to see us as an intelligent, well organized, professional looking group. We sell great looking MOC polo shirts that present a good image, I would think officers wearing those at official MOC events or public speaking engagements could be a good standard to start with.

I agree 100% with your comments. We must make an effort to present the best image possible at all times. It wasn't that long ago many on here were bashing an individual for not showing up in court dressed properly. We must remember the public will look differently at people depending on their attire. Right or wrong this is reality.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Was interviewed by the Voice News this morning. At last night's meeting the Macomb Township Trustees voted and repealed both illegal ordinances that we had addressed. I suggest anyone who can, to attend an upcoming meeting and express your thanks. :celebrate:celebrate

scot623

imported post

Wow! I wonder what happened to all the other "pressing issues" that kept them from addressing this 6 months ago?! Either way, this is great news. I'll see about attending The next meeting to thank them for their swift action.