• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison PD tears up obstruction tickets D/O/C tickets to all 5 Culvers OCers!!

paul@paul-fisher.com

Question:

Have any/all of the Madison 5 actually received the Disorderly Conduct citations yet?

If not maybe the city did see the light and they are attempt to limit the TOTAL waste of taxpayer funds to defend the actions of their agents and to minimize the penalty they WILL be assessed at the end of the Fed 1983 case.

But maybe I am to much of an optimist!

I received mine on Saturday, registered letter.

Tomas

I do want to know if there have been any court dates set in regards to the Madison 5. Originally I think there was a date of October 20th, but as those charges have been dropped I would think that the date would be different now.

Please keep us informed as to when we can come support you in court. This FIB will try to make it.

My ticket says 10/27/2010 at 9:30 am:

City of Madison Municipal Court
RM 203
210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Madison, WI 53703.

It may seem like a stupid question, but I believe it needs to be asked and answered, anyway...

Have the two who received the original 'obstruction' citations actually received something in writing that confirms those citations have been rescinded and that court date is canceled?

If not, could that be a "gotcha" if one doesn't show up in court on the original date?

Jus' askin'...

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
It may seem like a stupid question, but I believe it needs to be asked and answered, anyway...

Have the two who received the original 'obstruction' citations actually received something in writing that confirms those citations have been rescinded and that court date is canceled?

If not, could that be a "gotcha" if one doesn't show up in court on the original date?

Jus' askin'...

Yes they have a letter from the Mad PD stating that the obstruction ticket was given in error and can be disregarded.

RR_Broccoli

Jus' askin'...

That's paranoid.

I like you. :D

M

McX

Paul, thank you for cooperating..............here's your reward!
Love and Kisses- madison pd

Tomas

"Detective Helgren, is the person you issued this ticket to in the courtroom? Would you point to him, please?"

"Did you see this person commit the offense you cited him for?"

Etcetera...

(Just an odd thought, but I though an officer had to witness a misdemeanor in order to cite...)

IANAL

Vandil

Dear Paul,

You landed on my Boardwalk please pay $429 dollars or go directly to jail.

Sincerely
C.S. McLay.

mortepa

So any news on the case on 10/27/10? I have been looking around the local Madison news channels all day and nothing so far. Anyone else have any updates???

Thanks,
Paul

paul@paul-fisher.com

Short answer, no. We have retained counsel and he is handling it. All I can say so far is that I believe he entered not guilty pleas for all of us and asked for a trial.

mortepa

Thanks Paul. I think I likely speak for everyone here, in that we are all excited to see what comes of this.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Never mind. I found the other thread that said the court date was no longer valid due to the not guilty plea.

Still, if there are any updates... I am excited to see what comes of this.

Thanks,
Paul

WCI retained attorney Chris Van Wagner on behalf of the Madison 5.

Information about the case from this point forward will be limited to what Attorney Van Wagner permits us to share. Whenever we get updates that we can share, we will post them here.

Any media inquiries about the DC citations can be directed to Attorney Van Wagner.