• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man accidently shoots himself in the testicles in Lynnwood!

amzbrady

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
WOW, Am I really the first one to mention this was not an accidental discharge, It is always Negligent. Maybe everyone is still laughing to hard at this guy to bother....lol
I think the word accident was created to give society a warm fuzzy word to cover the fact that accidents are preventable incidents with a little forethought.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
WOW, Am I really the first one to mention this was not an accidental discharge, It is always Negligent. Maybe everyone is still laughing to hard at this guy to bother....lol

I totally agree, this is negligent. Open carry should be the preferred method of carry for all Americans and stories like this make that point. I have never even considered carrying a handgun in my waistband, never! Television has too large of a factor in garnering how people view firearms in real life.

I am not for any government regulation concerning training, requiring holsters, anything! However, I would be for a private and public partnership regarding an educational campaign in seeking out training, proper carry, safety etc. Wouldn't it be incredible if the government ran public service announcements for firearm safety and encouraged owners to become more knowledgeable and learn proper carry techniques!! (I can dream can't I?)

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
tat2ed_guy wrote:

I totally agree, this is negligent. Open carry should be the preferred method of carry for all Americans and stories like this make that point. I have never even considered carrying a handgun in my waistband, never! Television has too large of a factor in garnering how people view firearms in real life.

I am not for any government regulation concerning training, requiring holsters, anything! However, I would be for a private and public partnership regarding an educational campaign in seeking out training, proper carry, safety etc. Wouldn't it be incredible if the government ran public service announcements for firearm safety and encouraged owners to become more knowledgeable and learn proper carry techniques!! (I can dream can't I?)
Just saw this. The brady campaign is say the NRA isnt promoting gun safety "anymore".

http://blog.bradycampaign.org/?p=2324

tat2ed_guy

imported post

I think a public service announcement would be the best thing ever. Not only would it educate those that do not know, but everyone knows that the gangbangers get everything they know from television and rap cd's so they would never get the drop on someone who knew or practiced proper carry and handling techniques as they couldnt figure out how to get the pistol out of the holster.:lol:

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Every time I read the article concerning this idiot who blew his testicles off, I can't help but laugh my butt off :lol:

I am speechless!

Tomas

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Except for those hoods and gang-bangers who are going to carry anyway and are going to carry in the "baddest" way possible, I heartily recommend the exact method of carry chosen by the Lowe's guy, with hopefully similar results... ;)

killchain

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
No worries for this guy about "Going Commando" anymore.... :celebrate

129060125022556672.jpg
Best part is the shower shoes.

amlevin

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Glock 30, 3.5lb trigger, mexican carry in waistband of sweatpants. Through the sack, into the leg, lodged in or near the foot.

Literally a "nutless wonder"...

Or just another "Half-Cocked" idiot.

We all laugh at his misfortune but what if the bullet had ricocheted off the floor and nailed an innocent bystander? There should be a message in this. Hopefully it is received by someone who needs to hear it.

amlevin

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Glock 30, 3.5lb trigger, mexican carry in waistband of sweatpants. Through the sack, into the leg, lodged in or near the foot.

We all laugh at his misfortune but what if the bullet had ricocheted off the floor and nailed an innocent bystander? There should be a message in this. Hopefully it is received by someone who needs to hear it.

Metalhead47

imported post

amlevin wrote:
911Boss wrote:

Yeah, I think it was heard loud & clear by the one who needed to hear it :what:

amzbrady

imported post

We must have alot of balls to be talking about this guy that shot his nuts off. Too bad he wasnt an officer, woulda gave a whole new meaning to "Cop'n a nut".

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Follow up Story

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012026554_shooting04m.html

And he remembers the initial scream, "Oh, my God, I shot myself in the groin!"

"He says, 'It was in my waistband, and I felt it starting to slip, reached for it, and I must have positioned my finger so the trigger went off," Fischer remembered Thursday.

A Lynnwood police report about the incident says the gun was a Glock 30, a compact pistol described by the manufacturer as "the legendary .45 caliber."

skiingislife725

imported post

Wonder if the nut-cle head was wearing a bellyband? When I read this I first thought of him trying to grab a falling gun. I carried in a bellyband for a bit when I first started carrying as I was carrying it in an area where it may or may not have been against the rules but not against the law and had to have it concealed deeply. Anyhow, while out on an outing doing tree plantings/restoration with my fellow 20-somethings, the damn thing slipped out because I was leaning over too many times. Luckily it caught in the bottom of my sweatshirt and didn't drop out completely.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Some balls are held for charity
And some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure
They're the balls that I like best
My balls are always bouncing
To the left and to the right
It's my belief that my big balls
Should be held every night

Bang

Why she walks like a woman and talks like a man
Oh Lola, lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo Lola

AC/DC and a Kinks referrance in one post. Gotta love it.

I love both those bands.