• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mason OC event

lil_freak_66

imported post

ya,but lets keep that one on the DL as much as possible,wouldnt want the news portraying us as people who just run rampant with fully automatic nuclear tipped full metal jacket high capacity evil black rifles of doom now would we?:shock:

anybody have info on if the lawn of the sheriff dept. would be a legal place for a picnic?

and still need suggestions for dates,sometime in june preferred.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
It's not the number it's how you feel, guess that makes me about 148yrs.:shock:

Bikenut wrote:
I am an "antique".:(
You know you're old when young women call you "Honey"... as in... "Would you like some help to get your groceries out to your car... Honey?"

:cry:

fozzy71

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
You know you're old when young women call you "Honey"... as in... "Would you like some help to get your groceries out to your car... Honey?"

:cry:

My ex was just complaining about the same thing when discussing her coloring her hair to cover the grey. She said she gets called 'honey' and 'hon' by younger, female waitresses all the time. :?

glock2340

imported post

I don't believe the lawn of the S.O. is legal, HOWEVER there are three restaurants on Cedar Street at the county complex's entryway that we may be able to obtain permission. (A&W, BigBoy, Mc.Donalds, and the non-operating Pizza Hut)

Mason does not have a park close enough for our pursuits.

Mr. Wrigglesworth needs to be called on about his horrible statements. He only wants the people to fork out more money because they feel the pressure of no cops, He wants his administration to feel wanted, and not allow the citizens to protect themselves in any way, shape or form.

Lets get a date established.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

glock2340 wrote:
I don't believe the lawn of the S.O. is legal, HOWEVER there are three restaurants on Cedar Street at the county complex's entryway that we may be able to obtain permission. (A&W, BigBoy, Mc.Donalds, and the non-operating Pizza Hut)

Mason does not have a park close enough for our pursuits.

Mr. Wrigglesworth needs to be called on about his horrible statements. He only wants the people to fork out more money because they feel the pressure of no cops, He wants his administration to feel wanted, and not allow the citizens to protect themselves in any way, shape or form.

Lets get a date established.
Why wouldn't the lawn of the sheriffs office be legal? Just wondering your reasoning.

cabman1

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i propose june 26th....its the last saturday in june.

now to work out the location

anyone interested in doing something at total firearms before or after the event?

and perhaps a short walk around town?

Can we please hold off at doing a picnic just to poke the sheriff with a stick.We are being seen in a good light at this moment so lets not let him prove that all we want is to show off our guns.We have something going on in Lansing on the 19th of June. I am going to need help with that will still be seen by him and educate at the same time..Any volunteer.
?

glock2340

imported post

a big HELL NO to anything having to do with total firearms. This is my personal opinion, but I wont have anything to do with them.

Someone should consider contacting the owner of A&W before doing anything "official" at A&W (the man can be a little sensitive)

I am for a walk event. The county courthouse in downtown Mason is a wonderful site to pass by, as well as downtown. We could start the walk from downtown and end at the Sheriffs Office complex. Not a very long walk at all.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i dont agree with total firearms much on a personal level,mostly due to the 50 yo. something grey haired guy,i think his name is mike or greg,he is a...well i shouldnt say on here.but i look at it this way,it is a very popular store,and could potentially introduce alot of people to OC.

our numbers would grow greatly if we got total firearms on board with OC,posting a pro OC banner or something inside the store,and from what people have been saying...they are warming up to the idea of OC.

CoonDog

imported post

Are you going to call ahead this time and let the owner know you are expecting a large party that day? I realize they're fast food, but maybe he'd reserve some tables, just the same.

CoonDog

imported post

Well, I wasn't trying to "call you out", but I'm happy to share my thoughts on the matter.

Re: Ponderosa, I think it was a great move on your part to get owner's support for an OC education event to diffuse any possible shock and awe factor from his staff. But it seems to me that one of the issues that arose that day was that the owner didn't know "when" the OC lunch was going to take place and therefore couldn't let his manager/staff know not to freak out. I believe not informing the owner of the date was a mistake, one to learn from, that can be corrected this time around.

Also, I imagine A&W is much smaller than Ponderosa and seating will be more limited. Whether there is ample seating or not, when a large group shows up, it's nice to be able sit together.

ETA: I just noticed that I have 420 posts. That's it, can't post anymore, I'll have to sign in under a new username. :dude:

lil_freak_66

imported post

CoonDog wrote:
Well, I wasn't trying to "call you out", but I'm happy to share my thoughts on the matter.

Re: Ponderosa, I think it was a great move on your part to get owner's support for an OC education event to diffuse any possible shock and awe factor from his staff. But it seems to me that one of the issues that arose that day was that the owner didn't know "when" the OC lunch was going to take place and therefore couldn't let his manager/staff know not to freak out. I believe not informing the owner of the date was a mistake, one to learn from, that can be corrected this time around.

Also, I imagine A&W is much smaller than Ponderosa and seating will be more limited. Whether there is ample seating or not, when a large group shows up, it's nice to be able sit together.

ETA: I just noticed that I have 420 posts. That's it, can't post anymore, I'll have to sign in under a new username. :dude:
dont worry,i intend to hit 1000 in the next few days!

this is a decent sized A&W and could easily seat 1-2 dozen of us + the regular crowd,with room to spare.

i intend to stop in the next few days to inform the manager of the group outing,and to expect the group at his/her location at the date and time specified.

B

Bikenut

imported post

In defense of our younger folks....

Of course young folks will make mistakes. So did we when we were young, dumb, and full of enthusiasm.

But.... those who are young but standing up for freedom, mistakes and all, are still standing up for freedom and because of that I heartily commend them. All of them.

Maybe instead of complaining about the mistakes young'uns make we should be glad to have them fighting at our sides............ instead of wasting their lives away playing video games and endlessly texting small talk to their friends.