• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonalds Attack - Justification or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No, no, no. Y'all don't unnerstand NovaCop229. He's trying to tell you that FCPD does not consider kicks and stomps to the head to be lethal force. Prolly don't consider baton strikes above the shoulder to be lethal force, neither.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!

I mean c'mon. They shoot an unarmed man on Rt 1 last year, but it ain't important enuff to release the shooter's name under FOIA. Just barely qualified as lethal force, and then only because the guy actually did die; didn't hardly deserve notice. No point in responding to a FOI request from the press. Nothing to see here. Move along. (yawn).

NovaCop

No, no, no. Y'all don't unnerstand NovaCop229. He's trying to tell you that FCPD does not consider kicks and stomps to the head to be lethal force. Prolly don't consider baton strikes above the shoulder to be lethal force, neither.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!

I mean c'mon. They shoot an unarmed man on Rt 1 last year, but it ain't important enuff to release the shooter's name under FOIA. Just barely qualified as lethal force, and then only because the guy actually did die; didn't hardly deserve notice. No point in responding to a FOI request from the press. Nothing to see here. Move along. (yawn).

Rahahahahaha govt conspiracy ..... Raraaahahahah police brutality.... Rararqahh i am so witty:... Typical citizen post.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Of course, LEOCOP10 is probably accidentally right about "Yeah and you will need an attorney if you brandish a handgun and shoot some people in a crowded restaurant involved in a fight."

You'll probably need an attorney to explain to the cops or grand jury about how kicks and stomps to the head can cause grave bodily injury or death. Its not like that is necessarily common knowledge among the general population. All their gonna know is a guy shot an unarmed woman who was fighting with another woman.

But, his accidental rightness highlights another aspect of (how many k's are in nucklehead?)'s approach. We're talking about legal justification, not whether there will be legal problems before the "justified" determination is made. Typical going-off-on-a-tangent-without-saying-so to lure others into an argument with him.

Oh, and lets not overlook his hyperventilating comment about a "crowded restaurant" where the video plainly shows a fairly empty restaurant. One does have to wonder if his police reports are similarly accurate.

Hahahahahahahahahaa!!

Last edited:

NovaCop

Damn citizen, guess the next street fight I respond to I will just shoot the attackers. Yeah that is reasonable.... Not like all the cop haters like you and most everyone else on this site would support me (against me since I am Leo). Stupidity on this site is reaching high levels.

NovaCop

Some posters brought up the fact they are old or out of shape... Then you have no business trying to intervene.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Some posters brought up the fact they are old or out of shape... Then you have no business trying to intervene.

Yeah, forum! You're encroaching on his job security! What's with you people anyway?

Don't you know only cops are qualified to handle these situations?

You have no business trying to undermine their hero-ness by stepping in and trying to save someone from being turned into a vegetable. You have no business evaluating the risks to yourself. You have no business deciding whether you're willing to risk injury to save another's life. Only police are jaded enough to properly evaluate your business.

My god. Don't you know that once police were created, all responsibility for your fellow human beings transferred to them. You're not supposed to get involved.

Oh, but you are supposed to help them by being a good witness for their reports after they chalk the body and put up their yellow tape should it turn out that way. You can't help your fellow human beings anymore, but you are required to help the police.

**ck!! I thought you all knew that already. Christ, do I gotta explain this to you all every two months or what?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa!

Last edited:

NovaCop

Citizen you try to put words in my mouth again, I said intervention was necessary, just not with guns. You might be too big of a pu$$y to use your hands which would explain a lot. Brain dead? It's two girls jumping another... How common is death involved in that? You are so smart it makes me laugh.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Damn citizen, guess the next street fight I respond to I will just shoot the attackers. Yeah that is reasonable.... Not like all the cop haters like you and most everyone else on this site would support me (against me since I am Leo). Stupidity on this site is reaching high levels.

Hey, guys. He's right. Stupidity hit an all time high at 2:08 am!

My goodness, what audacity on our parts to try to work our way through a scenario to figure out what to do or not do, figure out what would be legally justified and what wouldn't be. Boy, were we really arrogant to think we could possibly discuss it, receive input from a very experienced attorney, and have any possible chance of learning something!

Why, merely contemplating the attempt without the all-knowing, perfect wisdom of LEO229-10 to guide us is the height of conceit.

And, we should really re-think our approach to these things. You know, once we type something, we are declaring our unmoveable, unshakable, cast-in-stone, never-to-be re-evaluated position. Its not like we really learn anything new after we post, as the thread progresses, as others chip in. Maybe we should tell User so he doesn't waste valuable time coaching us.

We should look to LEO10's thoughfully explained advice for guidance, too.

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahaahaahhahahahahahaaaa!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Citizen you try to put words in my mouth again, I said intervention was necessary, just not with guns. You might be too big of a pu$$y to use your hands which would explain a lot. Brain dead? It's two girls jumping another... How common is death involved in that? You are so smart it makes me laugh.

QFT to prove he either didn't watch the video or missed the repeated kicks to the head.

And, missed my earlier post where I considered exactly using hands.

This is typical argumentative NoCopVA10229 jumping to conclusions. One has to wonder if his encounters with citizens (he calls 'em suspects) are conducted with such rigor.

Last edited:

Wangmuf

It's completely unheard of that two persons kicking another person in the head may kill said person getting kicked in the head... /sarcasm

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It's completely unheard of that two persons kicking another person in the head may kill said person getting kicked in the head... /sarcasm

No, no, no. You are wrong to not sympathize with poor little, misunderstood Coppy10.

We have to make allowances for him, you see. Its not really his fault he jumped to conclusions.

You and I understand that normal people who understand the subject would first scratch their heads and say to themselves, "Gee, there are some experienced guys on this board making statements that don't make sense. Maybe I should watch the entire video and read the thread rationale progression to see if I'm missing something."

But, its not in his character to do that. He can't help himself. You see, the first thing that naturally occurs to him is to make negative comments. Rather than chip in helpful comments or point out things posters failed to consider, like a real member genuinely interested in expanding the knowledge base of the readers.

He can't help it if he acts more like a troll than a genuine contributor sometimes.

Aaaaaaa(gasp)hahahhahahahahahahahahaaaa!!

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Yeah you can legally use force to defend others when it is appropriate. In this situation you have no idea what lead up to this incident. You have two unarmed (what you see at this moment) females "jumping"'another males/female. Where do you see the use of a handgun being necessary Ed?

And I agree that intervention was necessary anyone can see that (not just former medics). I merely stated that introducing a gun in this situation would be inappropriate ( from what the video shows).

Omigod, Ed! Watch out! He's going off on tangents and walk-backs and dragging you in! The thread is about justification. Now, he's going off into "appropriate" and "necessary." Next, he'll be saying only he has the ability to determine what is "appropriate" and "necessary" (because the law has no place in this discussion, and that's what the government does, anyway).

Bwaaaaaa(gasp)hahahahahahahahaa(wheeze)hahahahahahahaaaa!!

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm reminded that some years ago I came across a deaf man who lost his hearing (both ears) from being kicked in the head during a game as a young adult.

I would say that qualifies as grave bodily injury. Its not a crippling injury in the sense of loss of use of a limb. But, I imagine it is not too unlike the sensory deprivation of being blinded, which I'm thinking is probably...Oh, hell. Why speculate? Anybody know for sure/aware of a case?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Wahahahahahahahahahaa!!

He can't even keep up with his own arguments, guys.

If you scroll up to his 2:08 am post, you'll see he's responding to my sarcasm in the very next post above. But in that post I quote his telling oldsters they had no business intervening.

So, I was belittling his arrogance for telling oldsters their business, but here he says he was talking about the necessity of guns.

Ahahahahahaha(sknyxxx)hahahahahahaha!

NovaCop

Well then I agree to disagree. You keep up with the mindset it's justified to shoot someone in this video and I have a feeling me and you will spend some time together in person.

Neplusultra

Ed in you're scenario I would assume there is some legal point to be made about having someone move towards you while armed and having been rightly warned to back off. What would your defense argument be if you were to shoot her?

I can see some jurors thinking this was excessive, you being ex-marine and she being some 14 year old girl. I am in agreement with you though as you're not looking to get into a "fair fight" but looking to quickly end the violence and take control of the situation.

My assumption would be that anyone approaching me while I am brandishing is attempting to take the gun away from me and perhaps use it on me. They are believing I will not shoot or will hesitate long enough to effect such. They also may be doing so out of pride or are concerned about what backing down would do to their toughguy reputation, perhaps...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.