• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McGinn Has Authority To Shut Down Gun Sales On Street, During Gun Buyback...

F350

Difdi

Getting a permit to vend I don't believe will work like the others said it's the seller than needs the permit.

Given that it's just about impossible to sell anything without the public streets and sidewalks being involved somehow, wouldn't this novel reading of the street vendor law essentially abolish all used goods markets in the city?

Do I need a vendor license to post an ad to Craigslist if I want to sell used books or hold a garage sale?

Last edited:

Flopsweat

Is there a federal stolen gun database that number uses? or is that just for a list of stolen guns reported stolen in Oregon or to an Oregon agency? the website just says "stolen record files"

You know, I never actually checked. For all I know it could be just those reported stolen in OR, which wouldn't be much use to us.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Run an add telling the public to hit the classifieds at NorthWestFirearms and SeattleGuns. Open specific WTB Unwanted Guns threads. Maybe the three sites should collaborate. Hold a Seattle Buyback Week. If it's a success, keep doing it until all of the unwanted guns are "off the streets" that they were never on.

Can we use the Oregon gun check number 800-532-5059? I've never tried it from WA.

NO, been there tried that....

TechnoWeenie

I went to the city of seattle site and applied for a vendors license. Took five minutes, cost US$45 and was approved. I will receive it in the mail in a few weeks.
I WILL be at the next "gun show" with my vendors license and cash.

bad BAD idea.

You're now ADMITTING that you're purchasing firearms for resale, WITHOUT an FFL.

So, you show your vendor license, then you get popped by the city, state, and feds, for not having a firearms dealer license.

Don't play their game.

The law only covers SELLERS, not buyers.

PRIVATE transactions are NOT public.