• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet up in oakland county

SQLtables

imported post

Well, I think we had a pretty good showing with the roads the way they were. My drive wasn't that fun from Frankenmuth, but I made it. It was good to see everybody today. Hope to see you all in Frankenmuth on the 27th!

Michigander

imported post

All things considered, it was a good turn out. There were enough people there for it to feel like a decent crowd, but at the same time it was small enough for everyone to get to talk to everyone.

Many thanks to Nervisrek, and to Greg for hosting us.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I was impressed at the turnout, and am glad I now have some faces to put with some names here. My sister learned a lot from Venator's presentation, and is even more geeked about being able to carry. As for as me, yesterday was the first time I carried THAT openly. I carried in the open one time pumping gas, when I didn't even go into the store. Something about my particular combination of motorcycle boots and numerous tattoos has me a little extra nervous about making a habit of it. People look at me funny as it is! :shock: Anyway, it was good to meet you all, and I'll be seeing you at more.

Zzz, I'd love to see some of the pics you snapped.

Carry on

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
I'd like to hear from those that saw the webcast...did it work OK? I'll bring a better mic next time I promise...

I'll get to those pics soon.

-Zzz
There are some comments above. A few people watched it. You can PM them for more comments.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

so we had a total of 8 unique viewers for the 1hr. 45 min. recording.

I'm going to share the details with how to do this process so that all of our meetings (regardless of whether I'm there) can be recorded. All you need is a mic and a cam (or a mac that has both built-in) and you're off to the races.

SQLtables

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
so we had a total of 8 unique viewers for the 1hr. 45 min. recording.

I'm going to share the details with how to do this process so that all of our meetings (regardless of whether I'm there) can be recorded. All you need is a mic and a cam (or a mac that has both built-in) and you're off to the races.

Yea, I like the idea if we have interest. Any of the events I show up to I can hook us up with this. (I'm much more handy with a computer than a projector I've never played with before ;) Sorry guys)

If we want something a little better, I can probably hook us up with my digital video camera, and we can broadcast with that. I would only suggest this for something bigger and more "official", like we had in Monroe.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Currently investigating how this might be accomplished. Apparently ustream only allows for one main host, but that main host can add cohosts to the live show as it happens (basically, I can add users but I have to be the one to do it, and I'd have to do it every time we have an event).

Sooo I'm looking into alternatives. I'd like to keep it condensed to the same URL every time, but we could potentially create a new show for every event... allowing any user to just make one and hit broadcast.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Currently investigating how this might be accomplished. Apparently ustream only allows for one main host, but that main host can add cohosts to the live show as it happens (basically, I can add users but I have to be the one to do it, and I'd have to do it every time we have an event).

Sooo I'm looking into alternatives. I'd like to keep it condensed to the same URL every time, but we could potentially create a new show for every event... allowing any user to just make one and hit broadcast.
Perhaps you and SQLtables can work on this together and come up with something that is easy to do and will work out the best for MOC. I think you both have been nominated to be MOC's IT guys.:D Any other IT people want to help them?