• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan 2nd Amendment March - who's going

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
Is this post about the Lansing March or the DC March?
Well kinda both. You can go to the SAM forum link I posted and make car pooling plans for both or either. But since the heading states Michigan march it's mostly about that one.

Venator

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
Yes the Lansing event. :) Since I'm leaving work from Auburn Hills and then back to Wasteland after it's over, I can't offer to carpool.
Well someone may love a ride from your area and back. They might even help with gas.

Venator

imported post

PARKING.

This will be during the week and parking will be a problem. There are lots of meter spaces all around the capitol, but most will be taken. State employees may leave over lunch so some spaces may be available, but there are some parking lots and ramps close to the capitol. I have a map of them on the SAM website under the Michigan state march link. http://secondamendmentmarch.com/node/126

If all else fails I would park in some of the lots and businesses east of the capitol and take the bus on Michigan Avenue that stops right next to the capitol.

I believe the bus is a $1 one way.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i believe CATA has a no weapons policy,so you'd best CC if your gonna take the bus...we know its wrong and not legal(theyre no weapons ordnance),but if it means getting to the event or not then CC if you have a cpl,if you dont have a cpl then dont carry.

the bus is also 1.25 i believe.

brian,has SAM looked at talking to the parking lot people that sell parking spaces during the baseball games?

might be something to consider looking into...

is anybody going to the DC march and has room?

im looking to carpool,i can pay for my food/drink(any expenses)and a little gas.

Venator

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i believe CATA has a no weapons policy,so you'd best CC if your gonna take the bus...we know its wrong and not legal,but if it means getting to the event or not then CC.

brian,has SAM looked at talking to the parking lot people that sell parking spaces during the baseball games?

im looking to carpool,i can pay for my food/drink(any expenses)and a little gas.
If CATA is owned by the city preemption applies. Also Auto is right no CPL no OC on the bus.

Denny

imported post

I've been dealing with the Capital Area Transportation Authority about preemption for 6 months. They have said that they honor concealed carry on the bus but have so far refused to change their posted policy or signage on the bus prohibiting all weapons. They have refused to address open carry at all. They have been advised about the second amendment march in Lansing also. I told them that they would probably lose alot of money from people attending it because most attendees would only want to do business with them if they respected our rights. At this point I wouldn't ride a cata bus to save my life.

Venator

imported post

Guys if anyone is near the Battle Creek area and needs a bus to the DC rally then contact the number below. They need 15 more people to sign up by April 1st or the entire bus will be canceled.

Joel is working hard to make this bus happen.

lil_freak_66

imported post

brian,are you going to need me for any help at the actuallansing event?

just would like to know whats goin beforehand

Venator

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
brian,are you going to need me for any help at the actuallansing event?

just would like to know whats goin beforehand

Yes I will need some people to help set up a tent and man the table. Tent set up will be around 11:00 am. I will also need some help in putting up decorations (balloon's, etc.) around the podium.

I'm sure The guys in the band would like some help in setting up their stuff as well.

If you want to help me out let me know here or by email at bjeffs@miopencarry.org

lil_freak_66

imported post

Venator wrote:
DanM wrote:
Venator wrote:
I will need some people to help set up a tent and man the table.
I'll be there and I can help.

Thanks Dan.

I plan to have the MOC and the SAM tents next to each other so the volunteers can interact as most will know each other.

just like cabelas eh?

im sure ill see youagain before the SAM.

p.s. i need a new SAM bumper sticker,the last one i forgot to clean the window and let it dry before putting it on...in my excitement,it fell off...

cabman1

imported post

Venator wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
i believe CATA has a no weapons policy,so you'd best CC if your gonna take the bus...we know its wrong and not legal,but if it means getting to the event or not then CC.

im looking to carpool,i can pay for my food/drink(any expenses) and a little gas.
If CATA is owned by the city preemption applies.  Also Auto is right no CPL no OC on the bus. 

How the hell are you gonna post up on a board to do something illegal? are you really that Fucckin stupid? I have not slammed anyone on this board at all until this point but I do believe you should be kicked out the moc and rethink ever carrying a gun!!This is truly retarded.Please if you are reading the above post do not follow this child advice as he isnt even old enough to wipe his own a$$ properly let alone carry A gun.Now I understand why my parents told me children should be seen and not heard!This applys to you please just sit down and keep your mouth shut if this is the kind of advice your giving people!I agree with Pat now I HATE KIDS THAT THINK THEY ARE GROWN!!!

lil_freak_66

imported post

i dont see how its that way?

i stated the cata price and that they have a no weapons policy.

where do you get something illegal out of that?other than theyre policy