• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Million Gun Owner March will happen Spring 2010

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Orygunner wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Soaccording to the facebook group message just sent out, Ted Nugent is playing at the march. Way to support the redneck stereotype. Can't they get someone, or a group, that's a little more... mainstream, non-country, non-hick? There have to be some (if not a bunch) of mainstream rock bands that are pro-gun. This march should strive to be NON-stereotypical because the media will play off that redneck stereotype like no other. If that happens, we're looking at a failure, not a success.

So according to the Million Mom March website, Rosie O'Donnel is speaking at the march. Way to support the loud-mouthed broad stereotype. Can't they get someone, or a group, that's a little more... mainstream, non-loudmouth, non-pushy? There have to be some (if not a bunch) of mainstream celebrities that are anti-gun. This march should strive to be NON-Stereotypical because the media will play off that loud-mouthed broad stereotype like no other. If that happens, we're looking at a failure, not a success.

...Gee, Rosie didn't hurt their march any, did she?...

If she didn't then I'm surprised. As sarcasitic as you were being, it sounded 100% correct to me. She seems like exactly the type of person they should be distancing themselves from.

I suppose I am being a bit negative, or is it just realistic? What group do you think the media likes more (or at all), moms or gun owners?

Orygunner

imported post

Well, wasn't quite meant as sarcasm. It was meant to illustrate thatRosie didn't seem to hurt the MMMM much with her presence, even though some may have protested her showing up. Just as you think Ted Nugent would be a bad idea, I think it will help the cause more than it will hurt.

I agree that a predominant "redneck" atmosphere needs to be avoided, but we do NOT need to avoid and shun an entire "class" of people just because they think it will hurt our image. Renecks, hockey moms, militia members, white/blue collar workers, we are ALL Americans, and we NEED a good representation of who gun owners really are in this country.

I know it's just about to the extreme, but what if Marilyn Manson wanted to speak at the march about our rights and liberty? What if he felt that the RKBA is the essential right that guarantees all the rest, and wanted to give his take on it? I say if anyone's message is sincere and falls in line with the goals of the march,let them speak and let them march with us!It's not just our RKBA we're marching for, it's FREEDOM.

...Orygunner...

shad0wfax

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Soaccording to the facebook group message just sent out, Ted Nugent is playing at the march. Way to support the redneck stereotype. Can't they get someone, or a group, that's a little more... mainstream, non-country, non-hick? There have to be some (if not a bunch) of mainstream rock bands that are pro-gun. This march should strive to be NON-stereotypical because the media will play off that redneck stereotype like no other. If that happens, we're looking at a failure, not a success.

Ted Nugent is quite capable of delivering very clear and concise messages about our right to keep and bear arms. Perhaps it's just your own perception (prejudice) of him that's getting in the way.

EDIT: The end quote is cut off in this video it is, "I don't like repeat offenders. I like dead offenders."

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/nurM0mY9N10[/flash]

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Orygunner wrote:
I know it's just about to the extreme, but what if Marilyn Manson wanted to speak at the march about our rights and liberty? What if he felt that the RKBA is the essential right that guarantees all the rest, and wanted to give his take on it? I say if anyone's message is sincere and falls in line with the goals of the march,let them speak and let them march with us!It's not just our RKBA we're marching for, it's FREEDOM.

...Orygunner...
Good point.

demnogis

imported post

Suprisingly, Marilyn Manson is an incredibly educated and well-mannered person. I believe he's one of those people that cashed in on extreme appearances (and it has made him loads of cash). Despite being judged for his appearance, I think he would be able to provide educated insight into many subjects.

Just not sure what. Business, or politics? :shock:

Orygunner wrote:
... I know it's just about to the extreme, but what if Marilyn Manson wanted to speak at the march about our rights and liberty? What if he felt that the RKBA is the essential right that guarantees all the rest, and wanted to give his take on it? I say if anyone's message is sincere and falls in line with the goals of the march,let them speak and let them march with us!It's not just our RKBA we're marching for, it's FREEDOM.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You know. It might actually be possible to obtain a parade permit that would allow the carry of arms if this is requested as necessary to the free expression of our position on carry.

IF BURNING A FLAG IS FREE SPEECH, SO IS CARRYING A FIREARM WHILE MARCHING AGAINST FIREARMS RESTRICTIONS.:cuss:

BlueStreek

imported post

The site is down. They seem to be having a problem handling the traffic and the server overloaded. I guess they didn't realize how huge a demand there is for this type of event.

I hope they get it straightened out and back on track soon.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

BlueStreek wrote:
The site is down. They seem to be having a problem handling the traffic and the server overloaded. I guess they didn't realize how huge a demand there is for this type of event.

If we (everyone interested)all donated even just $1 I'm sure they'd be able to afford all the bandwidth they need. Have they set up somewhere to send donations for organization?

BlueStreek

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
BlueStreek wrote:

If we (everyone interested)all donated even just $1 I'm sure they'd be able to afford all the bandwidth they need. Have they set up somewhere to send donations for organization?
On their main site which is now http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com (they have changed the name from Million Gun Owner March) they have a link for donations. It is though PayPal. If people aren't interested in using PayPal there is an address to mail any donations to that is listed in the site's FAQs page

canadian

imported post

demnogis wrote:
Suprisingly, Marilyn Manson is an incredibly educated and well-mannered person. I believe he's one of those people that cashed in on extreme appearances (and it has made him loads of cash). Despite being judged for his appearance, I think he would be able to provide educated insight into many subjects.

Just not sure what. Business, or politics? :shock:

I don't know that he has ever publically revealed his personal opinions on firearms, but he's pretty damn quick to point out the hypocricy of politicians screaming for gun control while simultaneously dropping bombs on villages.

Maybe someone better connected than I should ask him...

hellfogg

imported post

Received this message on Facebook.

*** This was posted on the Second Amendment March facebook wall. It is not specifically directed toward the recipient of this message. We just wanted to get the word out to dispel any misinformation going around about the march. ***

With all due respect to all of you, because I know you are patriots like myself. There can be no guns, no ammo, no holsters, no gun-related items in the DC march. So please stop talking like there will be. It's a bad idea and we're not doing it. Please don't be offended, but that's how it has to be. I hope all of you understand that we are all ambassadors for the Second Amendment on this venue, not soldiers in a shooting war. This is peaceful. This has to be good PR or not at all.

Skip Coryell
Founder and Organizer
Second Amendment March

old dog

imported post

Mr. Coryell is right and I encourage everyone to heed him. Our opposition will use anything they can against us and it would be naive in the extreme to expect anything resembling fair play.

As to celebrity appearances, maybe you should ask actor Tom Selleck. He's a 2A supporter and squeaky clean. There must be others.

YllwFvr

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

Ted Nugent will be there? Count me in! YEE HAW! Ill have trim my mullet!

I couldnt resist...

I wouldnt mind being there. Ill make sure I keep an eye on the progress.

"Ted Nugent is quite capable of delivering very clear and concise messages about our right to keep and bear arms. Perhaps it's just your own perception (prejudice) of him that's getting in the way.

EDIT: The end quote is cut off in this video it is, "I don't like repeat offenders. I like dead offenders."

Ted's view, while quite on track with my own, makes him seem like a typical gun nut in the publics eye I think. That interview surely didnt help that image. I love that guy, his show was awesome. Pulling out two ARs on stage was a bit too much though. I guess his fans expect such behaviour but its not exactly good for the cause is it?

On that note I agreed with everything Ted said in that interview but it does make him look radical.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

old dog wrote:
Mr. Coryell is right and I encourage everyone to heed him. Our opposition will use anything they can against us and it would be naive in the extreme to expect anything resembling fair play.

As to celebrity appearances, maybe you should ask actor Tom Selleck. He's a 2A supporter and squeaky clean. There must be others.

Clint Eastwood

old dog

imported post

The Mandrell sisters also come to mind. The younger one is, I believe, something of a serious skeet shooter.

shad0wfax

imported post

old dog wrote:

Drew Carey and at least one, if not both,of the Penn and Teller duo are firearms owners and 2A supporters.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
old dog wrote:

Drew Carey and at least one, if not both,of the Penn and Teller duo are firearms owners and 2A supporters.

Never would have guessed. Pretty cool though. Where did you hear that?

old dog

imported post

James Arness would be great and Sam Elliot might be a good possibility. And how about Robert Duvall and Joe Don Baker, a good ole boy from Texas.